NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

the annoying thing is we all know it won't have voice chat, but they could easily include it and only let you hear people who are friends to avoid 7 year olds getting called a "*%$ by randoms.

Even chat in party would suffice.

Can't remember if it was Kav or Zechs but I will piss myself at the start of each race when I hear "I fooking hate this level" in that Northern drool

Edited by Clownferret

Nobody is expecting voice chat in random matches. It's just needed for friend matches.

the annoying thing is we all know it won't have voice chat, but they could easily include it and only let you hear people who are friends to avoid 7 year olds getting called a "*%$ by randoms.

Even chat in party would suffice.

Can't remember if it was Kav or Zechs but I will piss myself at the start of each race when I hear "I fooking hate this level" in that Northern drool

If it's a slightly mancunian accent it's me.

If it's a slightly mancunian accent it's me.

SLIGHTLY!!?

Where as I speak with eloquence so I highly doubt it would be me :)

Also @Zechs Merquise would not be impressed if you thought he had a northern accent.

Edited by Blade

SLIGHTLY!!?

Where as I speak with eloquence so I highly doubt it would be me :)

Also @Zechs Merquise would not be impressed if you thought he had a northern accent.

I'm sure it was Kav. I'm a cheeky cockney chappie, (with Darth Vader breathing tendancies) anything above the Watford gap is just "northern"

It could well be @Blade with the inbred tones of his Yorkshire accent.

I love you Blade!

I think Nintendo are gonna save all the reveals til there's like a month until the game comes out. What's the point of getting people excited for a Wii U when there's not enough games to keep them occupied til the end of May?

I think Nintendo are gonna save all the reveals til there's like a month until the game comes out. What's the point of getting people excited for a Wii U when there's not enough games to keep them occupied til the end of May?

MK will be great, that's not in doubt. BUT, I have a niggling feeling that the reason they are not revealing details is because it's going to be bad news (no voice chat, poor online) and they simply don't want to deliver bad news, so they are saying bugger all.

MK will be great, that's not in doubt. BUT, I have a niggling feeling that the reason they are not revealing details is because it's going to be bad news (no voice chat, poor online) and they simply don't want to deliver bad news, so they are saying bugger all.

That doesn't make any sense. If they think it's bad, they'll make it good. I have no doubt the online and modes and game will be incredible. Not confident on voice chat, but the rest will be awesome!

I think the biggest problem is with Nintendo not realising the online mode is bad - they thought that Wii Sports HD's online was good, after all. And then there's Steel Diver.

I think the biggest problem is with Nintendo not realising the online mode is bad - they thought that Wii Sports HD's online was good, after all. And then there's Steel Diver.
True, but I don't think there's any risk of that kind of thing happening with MK8 at all.

The online will almost certainly be on par with what was done in MK Wii, and we already know of one improvement/new online feature in the form of MKTV and Miiverse integration. :cool:

Personally I'm not expecting Voice Chat, certainly not for random games, but you never know...

Anyway, as long as it's quick and easy to find/setup games (they need to lose that watch the race you're joining thing IMO), and they bring back onscreen player usernames (which were annoyingly absent in MK7) I'll be more than happy. :hehe:

Mario Kart Wii was excellent though. Mario Kart 7 was a huge step back in many ways, but hopefully they'll match and improve on the wii version

Mario Kart Wii was excellent though. Mario Kart 7 was a huge step back in many ways, but hopefully they'll match and improve on the wii version

This is why i'm still concerned with the online modes. Nintendo seem to lack consistency with them. Instead of having a good standard and building on them, they seem to just scrap everything and start from scratch. Baffling.

This is why i'm still concerned with the online modes. Nintendo seem to lack consistency with them. Instead of having a good standard and building on them, they seem to just scrap everything and start from scratch. Baffling.

Yeah, though I'm sure they've said Mario Kart will be their online showcase... or maybe it's something I said. I am ultra confident though, and think the huge delay is partly for this. I'm personally not that bothered about voice chat, but can see why people love it; it'd be great for it to be there though.

I think Donkey Kong's online component is really great (wish Mario 3D had it), and I love the stickers from Mario and NES Remix, be great if they just lob everything in, so everything MK Wii has (great time trial ghosts set up, free online challenges); add in stickers from 3D world, maybe this could be the first game to link to specific games from miiverse, so we can see a post saying someone has a new time trial, click it, takes you there; voice chat, mario kart tv allows you to edit and upload to other social networks... Let's dream, let's throw in track editor too!!!

With regards to other social networks, don't nintendo realise how this is great advertising. imagine if you could upload videos (that YOU have edited) to facebook or twitter etc. It promotes the game to all your friends!!

Yeah, though I'm sure they've said Mario Kart will be their online showcase... or maybe it's something I said. I am ultra confident though, and think the huge delay is partly for this. I'm personally not that bothered about voice chat, but can see why people love it; it'd be great for it to be there though.

I think Donkey Kong's online component is really great (wish Mario 3D had it), and I love the stickers from Mario and NES Remix, be great if they just lob everything in, so everything MK Wii has (great time trial ghosts set up, free online challenges); add in stickers from 3D world, maybe this could be the first game to link to specific games from miiverse, so we can see a post saying someone has a new time trial, click it, takes you there; voice chat, mario kart tv allows you to edit and upload to other social networks... Let's dream, let's throw in track editor too!!!

With regards to other social networks, don't nintendo realise how this is great advertising. imagine if you could upload videos (that YOU have edited) to facebook or twitter etc. It promotes the game to all your friends!!

Yeah. I would love something like that. Imagine if it had twitch integration like the other consoles. I would be able to sit back and watch the Mario Kart league as it happened, as would the rest of the world.

Exactly. They know what's in the game and they must know from Miiverse how pissed off everybody was with the online of Wii Sports U, so if they realise they are going to get negative press when they announce the full functionality of MK online they are just keeping schtum.

Yeah. I would love something like that. Imagine if it had twitch integration like the other consoles. I would be able to sit back and watch the Mario Kart league as it happened, as would the rest of the world.

I swear that would make great TV. Like gogglebox, watching the players play the game. Obviously it would have to be after the watershed, which is ironic considering it's a Mario game.

If they think it's going to be negative then it's better to get it out of the way now, let people calm down; rather than have all the negativity at the games launch!

Anyways, there'll be negativity except calls for voice chat. It'll be awesome :D Be positive!

That was exactly my point. :heh:

This can definitely happen, even if Nintendo don't officially support such a feature. ;)

This game is going to be hnngggggggg. An example of when Nintendo get it right. Although, I'm worried that it'll feel barebones in terms of content. I would love a Mario Kart that had all the detail and extras of Smash Bros Brawl or F Zero GX, all the extra modes, collectables, missions, etc. Just more stuff to do.

If the online is like MK Wii it'll be excellent. Damn, I sunk so many hours into that game.

Was it so that Wii Sports HD was regional online or something, which would mean us Dutchies wouldn't be able to play with ye ol' Britons?

Europeans could play together but we weren't allowed to play with Japanese or American players. Hopefully they'll let us have both worldwide and continental play in MK8 like in MK Wii and not just have one like in MK7 or Wii Sports.