NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Lol I love how it's a Blue Shell, out of all the items they could've possibly have picked...

Constantly reminding you that you can't escape its wrath :laughing:

Oh man, I'm freaking out here! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Why did Nintendo have to kick the hype train into overdrive so far away from the games release date?! :shakehead

This has made things very tricky! I'm having the digital version of this game, I need it on there all the time. Simple as that. However, I want that special edition.... BOTH IT IS!!!!!

Same, lol. Was going to skip the LE but the Nintendo Store version seems better value.

Up at the Nintendo Store.

Isn't that the Shine Tower from Sunshine in the Toad Circuit image?

So for anyone that's used the Nintendo online store before, what's their dispatch/delivery speed like?

Do they generally get stuff delivered for release date? :blank:

Ordered from the nintendo store and I'm getting it digital.... A bit annoying :) May see if my brother wants to buy my copy for £40!

God I can't wait for this game. Hope additional modes, online infrastructure and mario kart tv are everything we want!!

10925849-1394097394-717588.jpg

Yes please!

Annnnnnd ordered. :)

Not a huge fan of the t-shirt, but that is still one awesome overall package. :awesome:

All this talk of 'bundles' but no actual console bundle?...

The keyring is quite nice, but otherwise I think it's a bit crappy.

The keyring is quite nice, but otherwise I think it's a bit crappy.

I reckon they'll wait until christmas for that £200 for the wii u and mario kart 8!

So for anyone that's used the Nintendo online store before, what's their dispatch/delivery speed like?

Do they generally get stuff delivered for release date? :blank:

My Zelda LE XL didn't arrive launch day. Think it was Wednesday/Thursday. It's the only preorder I've made with them though so hoping it was a one off. My Mario Wii Remote arrived on Monday after I ordered it Saturday though.

It's the The Hut Group so you might want to prepare a backup plan.

Anywhere offering the extra keyrings ? I really want the gold mushroom and bullet bill too

In the UK & Ireland the Golden Dash Mushroom will be available for those who pre-order at Littlewoods and Very, whilst those pre-ordering via a selection of independent retailers*** will receive the Bullet Bill keyring.

***The Bullet Bill Keyring is a pre-order item for Grainger Games, Game Centre, 365 Games (online only), Game Seek (online only), Base.com (online only), Playtime, The Games Exchange, That Game Shop, Gamescene, Xpress Games

Littlewoods and Very seem like odd retailers to get a specific bonus. Doesn't seem like something that would appeal to the targeted demographic.

Pretty sure a hardware bundle will happen, and I'm guessing it'd be announced in a MK8 Nintendo Direct.

Nintendo must be aware that MK8 is one of the best chances for them to boost the Wii U, and by the looks of things they're going to go all out with promoting it. :hehe:

Are you still getting a Wii U in time for this game then, Retro_Link?

My Zelda LE XL didn't arrive launch day. Think it was Wednesday/Thursday. It's the only preorder I've made with them though so hoping it was a one off. My Mario Wii Remote arrived on Monday after I ordered it Saturday though.

It's the The Hut Group so you might want to prepare a backup plan.

Cheers.

Yeah, I figured that would be the case.

Keeping my existing ShopTo preorder for sure, and will sell that copy on once the special edition arrives. :)

Are you still getting a Wii U in time for this game then, Retro_Link?
I'd like to if a well priced Mario Kart 8 bundle, or the right alternate bundle presents itself :)

I'd like to if a well priced Mario Kart 8 bundle, or the right alternate bundle presents itself :)
What do you consider well priced? I'll keep me eyes peeled for deals. :)

I don't actually trust any of the retailers listed for the keyrings.

Keeping my existing ShopTo preorder for sure, and will sell that copy on once the special edition arrives. :)

Same.

Just ordered that bundle off the Nintendo website but definitely keeping my Shopto order for Dat early delivery. :D

I don't actually trust any of the retailers listed for the keyrings.
What do you mean? Trust them to get you the game in time for the release date, or just trust them to get you the game full stop. :heh:

I've used Base.com before (wasn't a preorder mind you), they seem all right.

I see a certain high-street retailer has the LE on order, may pop in and pre-order it on my way home. For some reason, i've started to distrust online retailers. Had a recent issue with Shopto, they didn't dispatch my order for Thief until the Friday after i spotted they mucked up the postage.

Not fussed on a keyring, but that Blue Shell Trophy is something i am interested in. Why can't May get here sooner.

What do you consider well priced? I'll keep me eyes peeled for deals. :)
Well I mean ideally a £199 Mario Kart bundle would be great... or if something like that £199 Lego City, Rayman Legends bundle re-presented itself.

Fingers crossed for something as I'd quite like to take part in some online this year.

What do you mean? Trust them to get you the game in time for the release date, or just trust them to get you the game full stop. :heh:

On release date. Except for The Hut Group, I don't expect them to get the game to me at all (based on experience).

That bundle won't be until Christmas. Mario Kart 8 will sell incredibly well anyway, they'll maximise initial sales. Then do a bundle offer sub £200 at xmas.

They may do a £250 offer straight away though!