NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

But how will I honk the horn? :cry:
This is how Nintendo imagines we all play the game isn't it :p

Although even that had a horn! :indeed:

... SHIT, maybe that's what officially comes bundled with Mario Kart 8!! Race Car Bed!! and the Gamepad becomes your SatNav :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I'll take my chances with the GamePad, thank you very much.

A new entry requires a new way of playing :D

But, of course, leave it to NINTENDO to make a big deal out of this re-envisioned Wii-Wheel at this year's E3.

Some of the new courses.

1779236_596938993714172_1978807339_n.png

is it just me, or does that look to be inspired by Lego city??

I saw this....

Sweet Sweet Canyon.

564690_596004747140930_660651860_n.png

and instantly thought of this...

mariokart2.jpg

:yay::yay::yay:

Looks based on City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2/San Francisco in the second pic.

Looks based on City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2/San Francisco in the second pic.

fair enough. I guess common inspirations/coincidence then. Just the first image reminded me of paradise sands, and the second of cherry tree hills.having said that, the statue of liberty rip would make the island in the second picture albatross island... and seeing the statue in both pictures kinda throws the whole thing out, since paradise sands and cherry tree hill aren't next to each other! oh well :D

fair enough. I guess common inspirations/coincidence then. Just the first image reminded me of paradise sands, and the second of cherry tree hills.having said that, the statue of liberty rip would make the island in the second picture albatross island... and seeing the statue in both pictures kinda throws the whole thing out, since paradise sands and cherry tree hill aren't next to each other! oh well :D

Oh, I wasn't saying it's not or anything. I mean it could be, I haven't played LEGO City so I don't know. I was just saying what it reminded me of.

Which was inspired by San Francisco and New York :p

Which was inspired by San Francisco and New York :p

I guess I linked it a bit more to Lego city because, afaik, New York and San Francisco both lack a functioning warp pipe. Although I am no expert on either city :D

So yeah, just common inspiration I guess! Still, the chocolate mud level is bringing back memories, although as I recall I wasn't so fond of those levels on the snes version, they were the only tracks I couldn't beat my brother on :(

Cloudtop Cruise

Bh-pWzRIYAAp0pm.png:large

I still can't get over the fact you're driving on a vine that's come out of a [?] block on that course. :cool:

em1A0cy.jpg

08C9L1C.png

Absolutely incredible. :bowdown:

God dammit, why won't May 30th hurry up and get here already?! :weep:

God dammit, why won't May 30th hurry up and get here already?! :weep:

Come, come. Let's cherish these times in which:

There is no frustration over the Blue Shell

People don't smash their heads into the WiiU Game Pad

Believe that something like 'that' could happen

People are, overall, happier

Accidental murder of a close loved one doesn't take place

No one falls over a ledge just barely, juuuuuuuuuuust barely

No one hates anybody else for just playing a game online

It will all be brutal I tell ya, once the League kicks in.

Some of the new courses.

Sweet Sweet Canyon.

564690_596004747140930_660651860_n.png

I saw this....

and instantly thought of this...

mariokart2.jpg

:yay::yay::yay:

It even looks better than the delicious

suagr-rush-game.jpg

No one falls over a ledge just barely, juuuuuuuuuuust barely
*spits out tea*

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Quality N-E MK moment. :bowdown:

And preserved forever at 5:05 on this vid:

:hehe:

Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition bundle:

vb8GqHf.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

I bet the blue shell is packed with explosives and blows up moments before you complete the game.

From the press release

As an added extra for those who pre-order – at retail – either the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software bundle or Mario Kart 8 as a standalone game, a selection of Mario Kart-themed keyrings will be available for fans from selected outlets. Whether satisfying a need for speed with the Golden Dash Mushroom, knocking over rival drivers with a Red Shell, or temporarily bulldozing through a course in the form of a Bullet Bill, the keyrings on offer will represent some of the most memorable items from the Mario Kart franchise.

In addition to that

Meanwhile, for fans wishing to keep their kart tyres warm and reactions sharp before 30th May, the Super Nintendo classic Super Mario Kart* will release on Nintendo eShop** as a Wii U Virtual Console title on 27th March. As part of a promotion to celebrate both this legendary title and Mario Kart 8, fans who purchase Super Mario Kart until June 30th 2014 can get a discount of £5.49 on Mario Kart 8 if they purchase it on Nintendo eShop from the release of the game until June 30th, 2014, providing the purchase takes place on the same Wii U console.
Edited by Serebii

Man, the Wii U VC is in such a bad state. Slow, trickled releases and to make it worse it's games already available on the Wii VC.

Holy shit. :o

I'm gonna end up buying MK8 at least 3 times at this rate. :heh:

Must. Get. Red Shell keyring... :bouncy:

The Nintendo UK Online Store will be offering an exclusive Mario Kart 8 bundle which will include the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Spiny Shell bundle, a Bullet Bill T-Shirt and the Red Shell keyring

They are really going overboard with all these different preorder bonuses.

The LE is £59.99 at Amazon.

This has made things very tricky! I'm having the digital version of this game, I need it on there all the time. Simple as that. However, I want that special edition.... BOTH IT IS!!!!!