NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Rainbow Road has to be as difficult as Phantom Road (story version), but with more loops and twists.

Can't wait to see what Rainbow Road actually looks like, should be as stunning as the rest of the game.

Rainbow Road has to be as difficult as Phantom Road (story version), but with more loops and twists.

Phantom road?

@S\.C\.G That's the easy version. The story mode one has no walls.

Oh I know :) but I couldn't find a video of the story mode one on YouTube so I just posted the video that I could find of Phantom Road.

I've witnessed the wall-less track of death that you speak of, I can recall it taking me many attempts to beat back in the day... I used to love playing F-Zero GX, Mario Kart 8 could do a lot worse than taking a leaf out of F-Zero's book when it comes to track design; I mean they've added anti-gravity to the karts now so they might as well. : peace:

Well, the SNES Rainbow Road has no walls either, so why not? Bring it on, Nintendo...

SNES Rainbow Road is my favourite, I loved it as a retro track on MK7.

SNES ghost levels are fantastic as well, hope to see some more of those but I'm not sure if they're visually interesting enough for the MK8 treatment?

NEWEGG DESCRIPTION SAYS YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR OWN TRACKS IN MARIO KART 8

Online retailer NewEgg currently has Mario Kart 8 up for pre-order. The interesting thing is is that the description says that gamers will be able to customise their*vehicles and build their own tracks in the game. This hasn’t been confirmed by Nintendo, but if this is true then it’s a more than welcome addition to the Mario Kart franchise.

Mario Kart 8 Wii U is a new game for the Wii U. It features new elements such as customizing bikes and designing your own tracks. It is the sequel to the game Mario Kart 7.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/21/newegg-description-says-you-can-design-your-own-tracks-in-mario-kart-8/

I'd take that with a grain of salt for now. It would be amazing if true. I just couldn't see Nintendo doing that. You'd never buy another one. It's the same deal with NSMB, if the 1st one had a level editor, it would have killed future versions sales.

That doesn't sound like any kind of official blurb, so I'd guess that the person who added the description wrote it without checking.

Did anyone with a modded wii ever try the custom mario kart tracks ? Apart from the crazy ones people had made there were some great remakes of the classic tracks , Check out baby park

I really hope mario kart 8 has Dlc at the very least , I doubt very much there will be any custom options this time round

While only a rumour it would help shift Wii U's by the truck load and it would be a very good way to incorporate the gamepad.

I don't want DLC if you have to pay for it.

I can't imagine Nintendo ever doing that. It also seems far too much hassle than its worth.

Yeah, can't see it happening myself. :hmm: But it would certainly be a good way to make use of the GamePad.

They'd have to include a pretty robust editor though in order for people to create tracks which make decent use the anti-gravity feature.

But hey, anything's possible:

All these years later, and I'm still gutted we never got that over here. :(

Oh god I want track editors in mario kart and a new F Zero... :(

Weird that video didn't then show a run of the course they had just created!

Weird that video didn't then show a run of the course they had just created!
It's in another vid:

I'd forgotten how messed up the engine was in that game. :laughing:

That's the kind of thing that Nintendo need to release on the Virtual Console.

They also have Star Fox 2 sitting around somewhere, completed and unreleased. Why not put that on Virtual Console?

It's in another vid:

I'd forgotten how messed up the engine was in that game. :laughing:

hahaha I used to love that noise of the air rushing past you at hyper speed when you were up in the air, letting you know you were right on the limit of loosing gravity to the track and just flying off :p

Oh I love you F-Zero X :D

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/21/newegg-description-says-you-can-design-your-own-tracks-in-mario-kart-8/

I'd take that with a grain of salt for now. It would be amazing if true. I just couldn't see Nintendo doing that. You'd never buy another one. It's the same deal with NSMB, if the 1st one had a level editor, it would have killed future versions sales.

Yeah, sorry to burst anyone's bubble but New Egg ripped that description from a fan-made wikia page which contains a load of features, characters and tracks made up by the author.. You can find it here:

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_Kart_8_Wii_U

I'm lucky enough to own an n64 dd and f zero track editor , it's one of the finest editors around I can only dream of such a tool for mario kart .

Yeah, it's such a big feature that if it was real, Nintendo would've mentioned it like a million times already...Also, the new tracks look pretty interesting as they are, so I don't think the game even needs such a thing...yet.