NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Look at Mario's moustache! :o

I need to sit down, this is too much. :heh: Oh, I am sitting down. I need to stand up... :laughing: I need this game!! :bouncy:

Damn, I'd almost feel guilty beating Lostmario, RedShell and f00had in this beauty of a game.

I mean, if all they'll be seeing is my dust, how can they experience these amazing graphics?

#Let the Smack Talkin' Begin :laughing:

Don't you worry about that, even the dust is beautiful. :D

Have to admit the trailer didn't wow me as much as I had hoped. The Mario Circuit course in the original trailer looks so much better than any of the others.

Is this the first time we've seen bikes in this game? I'm not a fan of them, they were partly the reason why I disliked the Wii version.

In general, the game looks lovely. I'd love it if Nintendo crammed it with content a la Smash Bros. I'm worried it'll be bare bones.

I think I wasn't blown away like some people, it looks great and I really can't wait for it, but I think I'm more excited by the online, community features, extra modes etc, we all know the game will play incredibly, but its the new stuff I want more info on.

Edited by dazzybee

I think I waste ss blown away than some people, it looks great and I really can't wait for it, but I think I'm more excited but he online, community, extra modes stuff, we all know the game will play incredibly, but its the new stuff I want more info on.

Pretty much agree with this.

I want to know that Nintendo are going all out to make this one the best one yet, rather than it being Wii+7 in HD.

Pretty much agree with this.

I want to know that Nintendo are going all out to make this one the best one yet, rather than it being Wii+7 in HD.

Because it's Wii+7 in HD :p

If this is too much like MK Wii, I may skip it. I didn't get on with MK Wii at all.

The airport level looks cool, it's basically the Shopping Mall level more Mario Kart 8...

But I would have liked it to look more Nintendo! it's a bit real world boring for a game set in the Mario Universe.

Why not have it set in a part of the kingdom with Bowser airships taking off and coming into land instead?

... not just stick a Shine above an airport and call it Mario.

The most important thing for me is level design; I hate the big open levels we've seen in previous games as it generally means the racing itself is quite poor. I prefer the likes of SMK, Super Circuit, Double Dash and MK:DS where the tracks are narrower and power sliding around corners is worth significant time and separates the men from the boys.

I didn't enjoy the Wii version at all as most of the time it felt like you didn't do anything other than hold accelerate. MK7 fixed this slightly but it still had some dud levels (but also some fantastic ones).

The airport level looks cool, it's basically the Shopping Mall level more Mario Kart 8...

But I would have liked it to look more Nintendo! it's a bit real world boring for a game set in the Mario Universe.

Why not have it set in a part of the kingdom with Bowser airships taking off and coming into land instead?

... not just stick a Shine above an airport and call it Mario.

Super Mario Sunshine had aeroplanes in. Just saying.

Wonder if they'll put some retro-style course in like in other Mario Kart games, with some remixing to accomodate the new Kart features

If this is too much like MK Wii, I may skip it. I didn't get on with MK Wii at all.

But the league, the league needs you...

IT NEEDS EVERYONE!

Super Mario Sunshine had aeroplanes in. Just saying.
Yeah I'm well aware it did, at least it was pink and designed as Peach's private plane, but still boring.

Wonder if they'll put some retro-style course in like in other Mario Kart games, with some remixing to accomodate the new Kart features

Of course it will. In fact we already have seen one, the piranha pipe way level from the 3ds game is in there.

The worry I have is that I'm desperate for baby park ride (the most fun) and yoshi circuit (the best time trial) tracks to be in there, but they've already been retro tracks...

Of course it will. In fact we already have seen one, the piranha pipe way level from the 3ds game is in there.

The worry I have is that I'm desperate for baby park ride (the most fun) and yoshi circuit (the best time trial) tracks to be in there, but they've already been retro tracks...

Nothing stopping them re-appearing in the game, havn't other retro tracks made an appearance on more than one occasion in different MK games?. And who knows, maybe they'll introduce a new cup in this game as well

Edited by Jimbob

Tanooki Cup? That suits been getting whole lot of loving in recent Mario's.

You mean the Leaf Cup? ;)

Mushroom-, star-, flower, lightning-, banana-, shell-, leaf-cup, am I missing any others?

All power ups or items...