NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Mario Kart 8 Confirmed As Playable At This Year’s Eurogamer Expo

mario-kart-8.png

Nintendo UK has announced on Twitter*that Mario Kart 8 will be one of the playable titles at this year’s Eurogamer Expo, also posting the above promotional picture for the game. Taking place in London from September 26th to September 29th, the Expo is one of Europe’s biggest games shows where companies demonstrate their latest material. The Eurogamer Expo will also feature tournaments and a large number of indie games.

Mario Kart 8 boasts new anti-gravity kart racing that allows players to race on walls and upside down, a feature that is supported by the Wii U’s HD graphics and processing power, since courses must be displayed quickly from several different camera angles. The game has been confirmed for an April 2014 release. Other Wii U titles on display at the Eurogamer Expo will be Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/13/mario-kart-8-confirmed-as-playable-at-this-years-eurogamer-expo/

See you there I may or may not be in my mario outfit hehe

My first eurogamer , how long do you expect the que's to be for each section ? I only have 4 hours there bit would love to play the new Nintendo games and and a go on the other consoles .

Edited by yesteryeargames

The queues can be quite long... I only went once but you'd have to wait an hour for some of the bigger titles e.g. Call of Duty, FIFA etc.

I'm not going to Eurogamer this year but Nintendo usually have a presence at MCM Expos so hopefully I can play MK8 next month then.

A non related mario kart question about eurogamer , how long will it take me to get there from paddington on the tube ? Any tips

And how far of a walk is the expo from the kings station ? Thanks

A non related mario kart question about eurogamer , how long will it take me to get there from paddington on the tube ? Any tips

And how far of a walk is the expo from the kings station ? Thanks

Should be about 20-30 mins from Paddington, but you don't want to walk from King's Cross Station...

You'll want to take the Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross to Earls Court. Get off there and the expo is literally right across the street when you head outside the Warwick Road exit :)

Funnily enough, I'll be going but I wont be playing MK8. Don't really want to spoil my first time playing it (Cause there's no way that I'm not getting it anyway!)

Tube is 10 minutes between Paddington and Earl's Court but assume a bit of extra time to get on the train + walk to the ground, 20-25 minutes in total like Dcubed said.

Just played on this at Play Expo!! HD Mario Kart is amazing! The graphics are great!

@lostmario can't wait for this to be released. The league should be good!!

What do you think of it compared to Mario Kart 7, like how's the handling and and speed?

Handling is great! Found it better than MK7. The demo was only 50cc so was fairly slow. Still good though!

The game looks finished. I dont understand why its not being released this year!! They must be adding voice chat or something.

Other than that the graphics are amazing! They looked better than AC4 on the PS4!

The game looks finished. I dont understand why its not being released this year!! They must be adding voice chat or something.

mj-laughing.gif

What do you think of it compared to Mario Kart 7, like how's the handling and and speed?

The speed was set to 50cc so it's an unfair comparison. The handling was decent, but it was more like Wii than 7 (which some people may prefer, but some not).

One area which was improved over 7 is the underwater sections, which are no longer immensely slow.

The one thing I hated about Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash were how bouncy they were, the slightest thing would make your vehicle bounce and you would lose control.

Who's idea was to set it @ 50cc. Why do that?

The higher speed also has much more difficult AI racers. You don't want a game at a show where most people would lose.

Well, unless it's Dark Souls 2.

Damn, I'd almost feel guilty beating Lostmario, RedShell and f00had in this beauty of a game.

I mean, if all they'll be seeing is my dust, how can they experience these amazing graphics?

#Let the Smack Talkin' Begin :laughing:

I hate viewing in Internet Explorer 6, can't see the images. But yeah, anything Mario Kart i'm all good for.