NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Great customisation would be something id like to see for sure.

I'm thinking like how on Super Smash bros where you could easily choose what items appear and even how often etc.

I remember the days on smash bros with @Aneres11 where we used to just pick poke balls! :awesome: we were so cool.

They will NEVER bring back snaking, it ruins the game. Everytime even the suggestion of snaking comes up on other forums it's met with anger. You're the only person in the world who likes it, but you are also the only person in the world who thought The Conduit was any good!

I agree that I'm probably one of the few - or possibly 'only' - dude on the internet whom acknowledges the increased level of skill that snaking (or dashing : peace: ) brings to the table. But most people -if not everybody - within my real-world gaming sphere also sees the magnificence.

Mind you, the internet does make you see how big that this world really is. The audience who shan't be titled far outweighs the population of pr0'z. And as wii all know, nintendo babies the former audience to keep the incum cumming in, that's why dashing was removed after the Ds version of Mario Kart.

As for teh Conduit; I thought wii all on this forum could see the art from lightyears away? That's why wii, including u and mii, copped that disc in a flash. :laughing:

Edited by Beverage

They got the Mini Turbo right first time in Mario Kart 64. There was no snaking there, but it required a lot of skill and timing to pull them off well and get the most out of them. I'd like to see this style return, but it looks like the Mario Kart Wii drifting is here to stay.

I wonder if retro courses will be given the anti gravity treatment.

Read what I think here!

content-1-33521-ho_mk8.png

Shameless plug, I know :heh:

A newsletter from Nintendo Europe in Spain has stated that this is coming in April

April :/

Q2 here it comes.

They said Spring

90% of Spring is Q2

April makes sense (i.e. Easter). Plus Jan-Feb tends to be a quiet period anyway as everyone is broke/focusing on my birthday.

Birthday time for me too. MK Wii came out around the same time in 2008.

(Part of me still wants this game to get pushed forward though . I'd love a surprise announcement that its coming out this side of Christmas)

Here’s Some Mario Kart 8 Details

An interesting interview has been published with Mario Kart 8 producer Konno and director Yabuki. The team shared that development of the game started roughly one year ago and that it’s only being developed by EAD Kyoto, so there’s no external team helping out as there was for Mario Kart 7. Here’s a few choice excerpts from the interview.

• MK8 development began just more than a year ago.

• No others studio involved, 100% EAD Kyoto.

• About the Gamepad use: ”Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that’s all we can tell you for now.”

• Why no F-Zero instead ?: ”H. Konno: It has always been a Mario Kart per console, so we wanted to get a new one to have more people interested by our new system. But I also hope that there will be an F-Zero.

• About tracks size: ”In Mario Kart 8 tracks have also been narrowed compared to Mario Kart Wii and reflects more the size of the road. “

• About customization: ” Like Mario Kart 7 (but) with a little more choice”

• No editor even if they talk about it.

• About a Double Dash mode using the Gamepad: ”H. Konno: For Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8, we decided not to use it. But this is a request that is often heard, so maybe we can meet this desire.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=67159201&postcount=999

Glad to hear the tracks are narrower! What do they mean by double dash mode?

Probably 2 racers on a Kart at the same time? Maybe?

Yeah, obviously they mean that. Actually, @david\.dakota came over to mine a couple of weeks ago and we had a session on the gamecube; Double Dash has held up really well actually, great little game. F Zero is as incredible as ever, and made me think that just a HD remake with online with satiate my longing for an FZero; Wave race too was awesome!

It's quite cool they're fully updating previous tracks this time!

Luckily I haven't played Mario Kart 7 either! :D

Are they fully sure that desert track is a remake?... scenery wise it doesn't look particularly similar. It also reminds me of the one from Mario Kart Wii, so maybe desert tracks are just often like that :p

It's quite cool they're fully updating previous tracks this time!

Luckily I haven't played Mario Kart 7 either! :D

Are they fully sure that desert track is a remake?... scenery wise it doesn't look particularly similar. It also reminds me of the one from Mario Kart Wii, so maybe desert tracks are just often like that :p

You're right! It looks like Double Dash' Dry Dry Desert combined with Mario Kart Wii Desert Ruins scenery. Especially the obelisks falling down around the track.

I'm not sure what triggered it in my head but as I was driving home in the car last night, I started thinking about how much of a waste it is to have stuff like the Wii U Gamepad screen used as a horn in Mario Kart 8 when they could be looking at ways to bring something new to the franchise. It then got me wondering about Mario Kart Wii and what could have been done there :hmm:

Instead of the Wii Wheel, they could have been doing things like using the Wii Remote to point at the screen to fire green and red shells at specific targets or thrusting the Nunchuk to throw bananas to provide more immersion. The Storm Cloud and POW Block were annoying weapons and they could have introduced something different like maybe a baseball bat from the Mario Sluggers games where you could whack a rival as you drove past by swinging the Wii Remote at the right time, possibly even stealing their weapon..

I get frustrated sometimes thinking about possibilities Nintendo create with their hardware and yet they themselves never seem to take advantage :nono:

You have to keep in mind though, that NINTENDO usually does experiment quite a bit, but when certain mechanics are finally in place it just doesn't work/isn't fun/is a hassle to pull off for the player.

Now keeping stuff like that as an OPTION would surely be awesome!

You have to keep in mind though, that NINTENDO usually does experiment quite a bit, but when certain mechanics are finally in place it just doesn't work/isn't fun/is a hassle to pull off for the player.

Now keeping stuff like that as an OPTION would surely be awesome!

Then why is the Blue Shell and rubber banding AI still in the game? Yes, I went there. :D

You know what would be cool? If they let you use the pro controller but at the same time allowed you to place the gamepad in front of the TV to act as a rear view mirror or something.