NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

New trailer:

I think this looks really good, definitely takes a fresh form from that before.

Really nice touch at the end of the trailer too, given that it used to be Versus XIII.

New trailer:

I think this looks really good, definitely takes a fresh form from that before.

Really nice touch at the end of the trailer too, given that it used to be Versus XIII.

Amazing trailer. :bowdown:

That ending really got me, especially when the classic FF theme played.

Looks nothing like Xeboblade. I'd day this is far more Kingdom Hearts, since it looks fully action based with no ATB (it also has 3-4 action buttons like KH too). About the only thing that it looks similar on is the massive field with big enemies but FF already did that with FFXIII and the Adamantoise enemies.

Looks nothing like Xeboblade. I'd day this is far more Kingdom Hearts, since it looks fully action based with no ATB (it also has 3-4 action buttons like KH too). About the only thing that it looks similar on is the massive field with big enemies but FF already did that with FFXIII and the Adamantoise enemies.

Which i'm thankful for. The character models in that game were simply awful. X doesn't seem to have sorted that issue either.

So excited for this game. :yay:

Aaaannnndddd my interest in this game is gone!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-22-meet-hajime-tabata-final-fantasys-latest-saviour?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Tabata's also in pursuit of a Final Fantasy that's not as overwhelming as its predecessors, and one that can be enjoyed by a broader audience. "With Final Fantasy 15, I do want to make it more casual," he says. "Of course the depth of the game is going to be there, but I want to make it so players can easily experience the satisfaction of the depth of the game." There's an option to set that car to drive itself, allowing players to sit back and take in the sights - although there is also an option to drive it manually, should they want to engage more fully with the world.

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

Combine that with the comments from the Famitsu interview about how the battle system basically has you holding down X to auto attack or defend aaaaand I'm out :shakehead

Aaaannnndddd my interest in this game is gone!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-22-meet-hajime-tabata-final-fantasys-latest-saviour?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Combine that with the comments from the Famitsu interview about how the battle system basically has you holding down X to auto attack or defend aaaaand I'm out :shakehead

Goodbye then. ;)

Genuinely amused how someone can play through the mindless gameplay of a Dynasty Warriors reskin yet dismiss this, despite it looking very much awesome so far.

Then again, it's not on a Nintendo console...

Still day one for me.

My interest in most FF games are the music, story and characters. Whatever battle system they use I will deal with. Hell, I didn't care for the draw system in FFVIII yet that was easily my favourite in the whole series due to the story and music.

Same goes for KH. The gameplay isn't that deep but I love the story and music. Dat Dearly Beloved and Simple and Clean. :D

The gameplay in traditional KH is mostly one button, anyway, with occasional D pad use to move through a menu and X to select something like a healing item. The actual combat is pretty much one button, aside from shortcuts you can assign later, but it's by no means boring.

There's obviously going to be deep levels of customisation involved - a single button can't differentiate between every type of spell there is in the game.

Technically, once you'd set FFXII up, there was no need to press any buttons at all, but the gambit customisation was a wet dream for those into strategy and customisation.

Edited by Sheikah

So I just found out from reviews of the tech demo that there's a lot more buttons involved:

attack, defend, switch weapon mechanic, magic and teleportation. Two face buttons, three shoulder buttons. Access to one spell, Fire.

R2 = Teleport

L2 = Fire

L1 = Weapon Switch Mechanic

Circle = Attack

X = Defend

The access to one spell is just in the demo.

SelfassuredShinyIlsamochadegu.gif

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah, to be honest I wasn't really thinking about that at the time. :p

From that GIF alone, the combat looks really cool to me. Like KH mixed with a Bladedancer from Destiny.

Looks so cool. To think that people were saying the latest gen provided hardly a bump over the last one not long ago. :p

Oooh, sounds very The Last Story, even more complex.

Just read a write-up of an early play of ff xv on kotaku this morning (don't have enough posts to direct link yet :heh: )

Just started playing the demo and I'm really liking it so far. The open world is a nice change to usual FF games, as is the seamless transition into combat when you want to fight something. The combat itself seems interesting. For basic attacks you pretty much just hold down squarebut you choose how to vary those by assigning different weapons to slots which will then be used in the attack chain and then magic stuff is done with triangle.

I really like the enemy designs. Especially these little imp things that I came across at night and how they kept laughing at me during the battle.

FFXV-Goblins.png

The demo itself is a bit iffy with crappy framerate at times and some bugs (I lost control of the camera which is why I just stopped playing) but as its only a demo of a game supposedly 60% complete I think its pretty forgivable.

This has really got me looking forward to the full game now!