NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

I think this is the first game of this gen that I have genuinely spent so much time on. As it stands, I've clocked in over 50 hours. I haven't played a game this long since South Park on the Xbox 360.

I've been trying to get every single side-mission, every weapon for the Armiger, every bounty, etc, before continuing the story. I think I'm Level 57 right now and I'm on the final chapter (or it feels like I am). The "stealth" chapter is weak but when it gets out of that, it's fun again. The story is decent. It's not the best but I've definitely seen worse.

I'm loving the game. I love the look of Altissia but I HATED getting to places.

I'm the same, only loooooads earlier in the game! just got to Altissia (chapter 9?) I've done all the fishing side quests, gem stone guy side quests, regalia side quests (well headlights? assuming that's the end) and I've got all bar 4 arms? hunter rank 5

and i'm level 66

think i'm way overlevelled, but it is still loads of fun

I just completed it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautiful looking game. I'm definitely going to dive back into the New Game+. What exactly is it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm the same, only loooooads earlier in the game! just got to Altissia (chapter 9?) I've done all the fishing side quests, gem stone guy side quests, regalia side quests (well headlights? assuming that's the end) and I've got all bar 4 arms? hunter rank 5

and i'm level 66

think i'm way overlevelled, but it is still loads of fun

How do you have the patience for the fishing? haha. I genuinely don't like it at all but I need to do it because my party's skill is Level 8 or 9 and the fishing is only Level 2.

I've just found out how to check your Armigers. It's on the character menu screen at the bottom on a bar. I only have one left! I know where it is because I still need to do Dino's mission and that's in one of the dungeons so I'm guessing it's there?

I've done so many side-missions that I've lost count. I want to fully complete it before starting New Game + but what exactly is the difference?

I've just found out how to check your Armigers. It's on the character menu screen at the bottom on a bar. I only have one left! I know where it is because I still need to do Dino's mission and that's in one of the dungeons so I'm guessing it's there?

I've done so many side-missions that I've lost count. I want to fully complete it before starting New Game + but what exactly is the difference?

Yes, there's one at Castlemark. The dungeon is a tough one though. There are no camps and some really hard encounters at the end.

How do you have the patience for the fishing? haha. I genuinely don't like it at all but I need to do it because my party's skill is Level 8 or 9 and the fishing is only Level 2.

I didn't have patience with it at all, I mentioned above to daft I hated it, still do although I persevered with it following the advice - I actually broke my controller with fishing, the R2 button had lost sensitivity and wouldn't fully depress, and now its screwed

Its just tedious, with hard fish you only really should briefly tap the R2 button when the controller is barely vibrating, and some of the boss fish later in the quests are awful, one breaks the line if you aren't careful (Gar) and the next one just has so much health it took 40/50min to catch it

however after that fishing is/was easy

Just up to Zegnatus keep, to the point where I can make use of Umbra again

Is this Chapter 13? because I can see why people say there is no story! only a few reports about that you can work out whats gone on (unless there are some cut scenes coming)

It really feels like you should have had some cut scenes about what was happening here whilst you were on the train or something

A King's Tale is free on the store. It's a prequel to the game I've been told.

This is currently £9.99 for PS+ owners. Not sure if this is a glitch or just a stupidly good sale price. @Blade does this interest you?

This is currently £9.99 for PS+ owners. Not sure if this is a glitch or just a stupidly good sale price. @Blade does this interest you?

Everyone should buy at this price. Amazing value so soon after release.

Thanks Hero! Seems an excellent price!!

I'm not normally fussed for Final Fantasy games but even I'm tempted at that price. Gonna hang on and maybe see what else gets added discount wise for the next 2 weeks first (I'm still holding out hope they'll drop Rez Infinite on one of the sales as I'm not paying double what I paid for it on the 360 however many years ago) but probably pick this up if nothing else takes my fancy, and get the £10 voucher to use in April as a result as that'll take me over the £50 spending required for it.

Link no longer works, so congrats to anyone who bought it while they could. :)

Awesome price.

I missed it, but I don't really mind. I traded in my copy and am happy to wait for the complete edition with all DLCs and future patches. I'll probably even wait until it's 30€ :D

Nabbed it for a tenner. Not sure when I'll get chance to fit it in :p but got it anyway.

I forget why I dropped out of playing this. Probably OT or something, oh and waiting on the patches to the endgame. I tried going back to it a few weeks back and had a hell of a time.

Now post Horizon (though vastly different games) I think it'll be even harder to go back and finish.

A King's Tale is free on the store. It's a prequel to the game I've been told.

Started this yesterday and just finished mopping up the trophies this morning. It plays like Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Golden Axe where you just hack and slash your way to victory. Just what I needed after playing a bunch of open world games. :D

The story is only an hour long but the meat of the game is in the challenges that unlock after you beat the game. You have to beat these but also doing it with a special condition, such as not using magic or not taking any damage.

Fun little freebie that is worth a look if you just want some mindless, button mashing action.

So after finishing Zelda I wanted to jump into another big game and picked this up couple days ago. Having never played a FF i'm actually having a really good time with it so far. The car felt too restricted but i got a chocobo now they're amazing and they can swim!! love the design. I did some side quests for the chocobo guy which unlocked a bunch of different colors, so i'm now rockin a orange one named Moltres :heart:

I like the more action oriented combat so probably won't play the slow mode, but I've heard it quite helpful on some encounters.

So around the beginning of the game i felt like exploring a bit get to know the combat and such. Must say it's a pretty looking game.

I find the mines cool, still exploring i pick up some upgrades kill some enemies and keep making my way down.

Holy sh!t who put's a lvl52 boss at the starting zone!!! i got my ass handed to me. I didn't realize it's lvl until he one shot my team. I love that tho, the game puts you in your place can't just run up to any enemy. I'll be back for you!!

Finished the game couple days ago at level 58 i think. It was really good had a great time with it. Story telling wasn't the best but after a quick youtube search on the main villain it all made sense it's pretty deep.

Loved boss fights especially in the chapter 9, that's my highlight.

I'm collecting the rest of the royal arms, just missing 1 now. Castlemark Tower was no joke even at lvl60.

I feel like there's quite a lot of things left to do even after the story ended. :)

I completed and platinumed the game last week after nearly 100 hours of play.

I have very mixed feelings about this game.

I think i only finished it because it was enjoyable and a Final Fantasy game. I platinumed it because it was very achievable.

I found that the gameplay initially fun at first and then became dull. The game is full of pointless fetch quests which on the main were similar to each other. There was no interesting side story to these quests. 

The first half of the game was definitely better. Chapter 13 makes me shudder when I think about it. It was literally one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a game.

I found the graphics not all that great to be honest. I wasn't in awe at any point like I was in Uncharted 4 or Witcher 3. Maybe I have become so used to excellent graphics on a dedicated home console now.

I love the battling and everything about it. I enjoyed fighting enemies and all over the top it is :D. At first I started to use magic but it was burdensome and eventually I couldn't be arsed.

The music is top notch in this game. I have some of the songs on my weight lifting/running playlist.

I initially followed and enjoyed the story well but then it became a mess with not much explained and things just kind of happening. Actually it was very poor story telling which for a RPG released in 2016 is a low. I did enjoy the main character development and how the lads became more of a tight unit as the game progressed.

Overall, I did enjoy the game but did not love it. There are so many critcisms. An average game that poorly attempts to do what other open world games have achieved before it. It should have learnt from and build on these games but failed. 

The Witcher 3 is the better game, by a mile.

• Like 2

Good write up, @Blade. You can certainly tell that the game had a lot of problems. It does have some good points. As you mentioned, the music in the game is outstanding and, while not for everyone, I did really enjoy the combat. A major gripe of mine is the handling of the story. It was just a mess. The way that S-E  keep trying to patch in story elements to try and make the game better is both hilarious and sad.

• Like 1

Square Enix have announced the Royal Edition of the game, which has an RRP of £39.99.

414ef6f8673d52cef27041990af03b0b_1920_KR

The Royal Edition includes:

• An all-new dungeon - Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map

• New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.

• Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked

• Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.

• All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.

• Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.

Edited by Julius Caesar

It annoys me that this game is still being pushed. The game is average at best. Also, its a kick in the teeth for people who bought the game day one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, why can’t we get these “improvements/additions” without paying full price. Surely a bit of princely yachting isn’t worth another full retail to Day One buyers. 

Tempted to get the Royal Edition as it is currently on sale for 20€ at a local store...I played the original for 10 hours but stopped for various reasons.

Should I, or should I not?

Edit: I should not. Ordered something else to pick up later.

Edited by drahkon

By the way, the Royal edition isn't even the complete edition. They announced four new dlc episodes a few months ago, for Ardyn, Aranea, Lunafreya and Noctis, to be released next year.