NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Kingdom Hearts 3

Just announced at the Sony presser as a PS4 game. They didn't say it was exclusive so it may appear on the One as well.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Ugh, "now in development" makes it sounds like it's at least a couple of years away. :heh:

The official Xbox mag on twitter have just confirmed this is coming out on Xbox One as well.

They are saying it was revealed at a Square conference. I don't have a link sorry.

The official Xbox mag on twitter have just confirmed this is coming out on Xbox One as well.

They are saying it was revealed at a Square conference. I don't have a link sorry.

Figured as much seeing as they didn't say it was exclusive at the Sony presser.

Do you guys think there is still a chance this might come to WiiU? After playing the DS and 3DS titles, I would really love to play this game!

Do you guys think there is still a chance this might come to WiiU? After playing the DS and 3DS titles, I would really love to play this game!

Doesn't look like it. Wii posted this in another thread.

Kingdom Hearts III all but ruled out for Wii U

Square Enix made a surprise announcement during Sony’s E3 2013 press conference last week. Kingdom Hearts III, a title fans of the series have been dying to see for many years, was finally revealed. It was later confirmed that an Xbox One version is in the works as well.

Sadly, Square Enix’s tradition of not releasing Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo home consoles will likely continue. Tetsuya Nomura all but ruled out a Wii U version of Kingdom Hearts III at Square Enix’s Future of Final Fantasy E3 event a few days ago. When asked about the title possibly coming to Wii U, Nomura explained that the team is developing it using DirectX 11. Square Enix can only bring the game to hardware that is “appropriate” for Kingdom Hearts III.

The Wii U’s inability to properly support DirectX 11 is apparently one of the major reasons third-parties pointed to when asked why their PlayStation 4/Xbox One games aren’t planned for Wii U. That could be a significant problem for the console and Nintendo going forward.

The new trailer was shown at the Disney event. No footage yet but here's a description.

- The new KH3 trailer shows something like attractions, a train summon like the electrical parade? Also fighting the Rock titan.

- Movements on screen are really dynamic. Just as beautiful as expected for the PS4.

- I also noticed a scene where it looked like a Keyblade variation where Sora dual shooting 2 guns.

- Sora's new attack! Disney attractions! In the new trailer, you see the pirate ship from Peter Pan, but it's lit up like in the Electrical Parade!

- Fighting Heartless and the Rock Titan in Traverse Town. Sora is in front of the electrical parade attraction like boat, attacking. The Rock Titan line gradually appears in front of the electric parade coaster. It seems to attack by spinning around the Titan.

- They already said that KH3 uses an exclusive tool called Kingdom Shader, but seeing it, it's really amazing! Sora's hair sways naturally, his expression is soft and realistic, his caricature is portrayed beautifully. I want this trailer to be released immediately!

- On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men. リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.

- It goes without saying that the action is great, but even flames appear really realistic! I can't wait to see what the magic will look like from here on out!

- The special attraction attack used against Rock Titan is the Electric Parade like roller coaster you can ride! It looks a lot like the Big Thunder Mountain attraction from Disneyland. Donald and Goofy are secured by the safety bar, lol.

- Also, there was a scene where the Keyblade transformed into 2 guns.

I need to see this!

Am I the only person who can't imagine playing this game on an Xbox? It always felt more like a game that belonged on a Playstation console to me. :heh:

Also what's the point in Square releasing KH3 on Xbox one if they aren't going to release 1.5 and 2.5 on it? Or have these been announced for a later date perhaps...

It doesn't bother me as I'll just be buying them on PS3/PS4 but it just strikes me as odd. :blank:

Saw this earlier today, looks nice.

Are they having a different team working on this now? I thought the FF versus 13/FFXV was supposed to make this(as they made the other main games right?)

I was watching that and getting ready to post how its a shame that its not looking much better than a PS3 game but that swinging boat did look very nice.

Holy hell! That new trailer was freaking amazing!

Indeed. I think I'll have to give the first two games a go... :D

Well that looks just as ridiculously confusing as Kingdom Hearts has always been.

I couldn't tell what the bloody hell was going on half of the time.

I've played about 20 minutes of a Kingdom Hearts game when a good friend of mine tried forcing me to play it and like it. I don't think I was ready for the game at the time, whereas now I'd be more up for giving it a chance.

Really, I'm in it for the Disney.

I've played about 20 minutes of a Kingdom Hearts game when a good friend of mine tried forcing me to play it and like it. I don't think I was ready for the game at the time, whereas now I'd be more up for giving it a chance.

Really, I'm in it for the Disney.

They are incredibly charming. Like the Metal Gear games, you really have to play them all to have any kind of idea what's going on. If you were to jump straight into 3 you would be left scratching your head.

I'm still hoping they pull a FFX and put the HD collections on the PS4. The series became very fractured but they have expressed interest in getting all the games on one platform. The PS4 looks to be the one they will do it with.

They are incredibly charming. Like the Metal Gear games, you really have to play them all to have any kind of idea what's going on. If you were to jump straight into 3 you would be left scratching your head.

I'm still hoping they pull a FFX and put the HD collections on the PS4. The series became very fractured but they have expressed interest in getting all the games on one platform. The PS4 looks to be the one they will do it with.

I know this generation has received a lot of negativity over remasters and re-releases. But, it feels sloppy to me having a series that spans multiple consoles, especially if the story is tied together. It puts new gamers or newcomers to the series at a distinct disadvantage.

I'm not sure I would pick up Uncharted 4 if the 1-3 Collection hadn't been announced.

A new trailer for 2.8 will be getting released tomorrow at 1pm. :bouncy:

With all of these trailers hitting early it feels like E3 has already started. :D

December worldwide release. That's another JRPG that S-E are pushing out this year.

Pretty cool, although I'm still really waiting for KH3.