NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Kingdom Hearts 3

Looks like it's been pushed back a month.

EDIT: Longer trailer and in English.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Opening cinematic for 2.8.

When Mickey shows up...:bouncy:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I finished 0.2 over the weekend. Figured I would just post my thoughts in here seeing as i'm probably the only one playing it and most of the 2.8 stuff is in here anyway.

It was great being in control of Aqua again. I was under the impression that this was set after Kingdom Hearts DDD but I was mistaken.

The game is actually set during Kingdom Hearts 1. The way it plays out was amazing and it was very surprising. Having just played through KH1 last year, everything was fresh in my mind, so the link up between the games had more impact.

The ending is set after DDD, though. It sets everything up for KH3.

The game is pretty short. I think I clocked it at around 3-4 hours play, but I was trying to do various challenges, as well. However, I have now played around 7-8 hours on it as I have been continuing to do all the challenges and play through on critical mode, which is also one of the challenges.

Critical mode has really tested me. At the start you can't really grind your levels. Once you clear an area, that's it. You get the ability to travel back to previous areas later in the game but until then you are stuck at a certain level. At the moment i'm stuck at the 2nd boss. You can only get hit a couple times before you die but i'm also trying to beat it without being hit to clear a challenge.

The game reminds me of Ground Zeroes. It's short if you just go from beginning to end, but delve into it further and the game offers a lot more.

I've yet to watch the movie or start DDD yet. There's still plenty to play and watch from this package.

On Monday, I managed to get through the second boss fight without taking a hit. Man, it took some doing. I then made my way through the game and got stuck at the 3rd boss fight. :D This one was even tougher as there is a section you have to get through before the boss itself. Stuff is falling from the sky and if you get hit off that then you've failed the objective. I called it a day after trying and failing a bunch of times.

I got in from work yesterday and cracked on with it again. It took an hour of constantly retrying the fight but I eventually beat the boss without taking any damage. Phew! That's the last of those 'don't get hit' objectives done.

I made it to the final boss last night but got an absolute pasting off of it. No surprise, seeing as it is on critical difficulty. I've done a spot of leveling and managed to get to level 76. I may just grind all the way to level 100 and then take it on at full power.

Yakuza 0 arrived on Monday but I refuse to start it until i've beaten this. Shocking how there's no platinum trophy for all of this effort. :(

Critical mode complete and all trophies earned!

I ended up taking on and defeating the final boss at my current level. It took half an hour to get the timings and strategy down but it's now done. Currently listening to Simple & Clean from the end credits. I love this song so much. :heart:

I think I'll watch the prequel movie before moving on to something else. I was gonna start Yakuza 0 but I ended up picking up Street Fighter V ( £14.99 at Argos ), so I may dabble with that for a bit.

A patch is being released for the 0.2 section of the game.

Controls:

Adjusted reflect (guard) response

Adjusted cartwheel (evade) response

Adjusted cancellation timing after a Barrier Cracker (counter)

Adjusted MP consumption

UI:

Adjusted camera speed

Adjusted shortcut button response

Adjusted magic command display

System:

Proud Mode adjustments (lowered the amount of damage received from enemies)

Critical Mode adjustments (increased the amount of damage dealt to enemies)

Enemies:

Adjusted enemy AI and parameters

Son of a.... Well, I suppose I can take some comfort knowing I beat the harder version of Critical Mode. :D

Seeing you post about this has got my itching to play a Kingdom Hearts game again, and subsequently got Sanctuary stuck in my head.

Hopefully the re-re-releases of KH 1.5 and 2.5. hurry up to Europe then I can jump in there and finally play through the first two games properly (or at least actually start the second one) as I only played the start of 1 and have only completed 358/2 Days and DDD years back (loved both of them, more so the latter). Would jump in here with 2.8 but I'm not sure about the bang for buck with it, especially with having played DDD before. Maybe once it's dropped a bit in price, although the temptation is very much ingrained now in wanting to play this.

Seeing you post about this has got my itching to play a Kingdom Hearts game again, and subsequently got Sanctuary stuck in my head.

Hopefully the re-re-releases of KH 1.5 and 2.5. hurry up to Europe then I can jump in there and finally play through the first two games properly (or at least actually start the second one) as I only played the start of 1 and have only completed 358/2 Days and DDD years back (loved both of them, more so the latter). Would jump in here with 2.8 but I'm not sure about the bang for buck with it, especially with having played DDD before. Maybe once it's dropped a bit in price, although the temptation is very much ingrained now in wanting to play this.

I wouldn't play this until you've at least finished Birth By Sleep, that's if you care about the story/spoilers.

Off-screen screenshot.

C48YlKHWIAArTpb.jpg:large

Personally though, I think Sora's had enough of the Disney crap.

qNQJUR1.png

That looks a lot further along than they've been letting on.

I guess this means no KH3 at E3 this year, so perhaps their D23 content opens up a bit more on just how far along this game is, and possibly -- possibly -- even start to narrow their sights on a year of release (taking into account what they've said/we've seen regarding a release date, I don't think they're ready to narrow it down that far this yet).

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 IS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR (courtesy of the D23 trailer).

Toy Story is also confirmed for the game!

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

The game's release date won't be unveiled until E3.

Considering how SE seem to be sticking with the game releasing this year, I'd guess that probably means it'll be released in Q4? 

My body is ready for this! It looks beautiful!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I love the design of Riku is this game.

006.jpg

The game is looking absolutely gorgeous.

025.jpg

cv6ObNf.jpg

KH3-Ariel.jpg

Despite listening to the new theme mulitple times, i'm still not a fan of it. It just doesn't seem as well as Simple & Clean and Sanctuary done in the past games. 

Despite the game being penned as a 2018 release, in true S-E fashion it has been delayed until next year.

Still, gives me extra time to work my way through the series again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could it be a possibility that KH 1&2 could be released on Xbox One? I don't get why it hasn't...

Extended  TGS trailer and boxart.
DnWlVUDVsAApDFq.jpg
I am genuinely alive for this reason. My GOD! Each trailer has me too excited. As a huge fan of both Kingdom Hearts and Disney, my levels of excitement are through the roof! I feel 12 years old again! I need this game in my life! I may actually book a week off for this release!

• Like 2