NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Well, now I went and bought the first one :heh: I couldn't run the 2nd one right now, anyway, so I'll try this one and make note of what I think works.

Mass Effect should be played from the start even if only for the story, right? Is it the same thing with Witcher, then, the plot should be followed from the start?

The full controller support is a non-issue for now.

I found ME1 really quite dull, and the interactive story at the start of ME2 replaced it entirely for me.

I found ME1 really quite dull, and the interactive story at the start of ME2 replaced it entirely for me.

I really loved Mass Effect when it came out, but yeah, I played through it again about a year ago, and it's just ass rammed to the brim unmanageably shit design decisions. Overheating. Omnigel. Nebulous weapon upgrades. Stat menus. Cover that never fucking works. The Mako.

That game more than any other from last generation goes to show how smart games have become in removing barriers to enjoyment in just six years.

I really loved Mass Effect when it came out, but yeah, I played through it again about a year ago, and it's just ass rammed to the brim unmanageably shit design decisions. Overheating. Omnigel. Nebulous weapon upgrades. Stat menus. Cover that never fucking works. The Mako.

That game more than any other from last generation goes to show how smart games have become in removing barriers to enjoyment in just six years.

Yes all of these are reasons I gave up on Mass Effect 1. Being a PS3 and not Xbox or PC owner I had already played 2+3 making the transition back even harder.

I'm glad I've just started with Witcher 1 as even though it's clearly aged I don't have a point of comparison directly with other games in the series.

I almost never see the delay of a highly anticipated game as bad news anymore. It's the kind of thing you don't want rushed.

I almost never see the delay of a highly anticipated game as bad news anymore. It's the kind of thing you don't want rushed.

Same here. We see plenty of games now getting delayed and coming out all the better for it. Only times it's not a positive is when they get shifted to TBC/TBD...Duke Nukem Forever being the most obvious released example and Prey 2 sadly being the example still languishing in development hell.

E3 trailer, for your viewing pleasure, and release date has been announced: 24th February

Looking really good.

It does indeed look great, i didn't see the stream but i'll view it later. Still, this gives me plenty of time to complete Witcher II on the 360 in preparation for this.

Anyone else see the collectors edition they've got for pre-order via LAME (sorry, GAME). Not too shabby, but a hefty price tag.

Looks fricking immense. Truly a great reason to get a next gen console.

Looks fricking immense. Truly a great reason to get a next gen console.

Indeed, i think the developers said something that it would be impossible to put this on the PS3/360. Which is good in a way, because as you said it gives a really good reason to get a (now) current gen console

I must says this game does look the dog's bollocks, the bee's knees, the cream of the crop and any other sayings of awesomeness!

I wish this wasn't so far away! I would buy a PS4 for this and Arkham Knight without a second thought about deals or whatever.

Extended Gamescom gameplay trailer.

I'll quit my social life as soon as the game is released. :blank:

I supposed I should getting around to starting The Witcher 2 again, never did get far because of a game ending glitch.

I've just got back into Witcher 2, having had the game since 2012 and playing 20 minutes of it and forgetting i even had it until April 2014.

I'm about 1/2 way through Act II having sided with Roche whilst in Flotsam so i'm in the King's camp instead of the Elven village. I've done a few side-quests, including helping a drunk, doing a duel and ridding the area of so called "walkers". I've crossed the mist to the Elven ruins in search of some stuff needed to lift the curse of the battlefield.

I've got a week off next week, so i should (hopefully) finish this off. Which would mean finishing the final 360 game on my list.

Extended Gamescom gameplay trailer.

I'll quit my social life as soon as the game is released. :blank:

God damn, this looks so good. I don't normally watch long gameplay trailers but that looks awesome. The town also looks so fleshed out.

This actually works out well for me - The Order is Feb, Bloodborne is March, and this is May. Before two of these games were delayed they were stacked on top of each other.