NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

4 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Ah, uh, hmm...that really should have given you more time to play then! :D

Time was not the issue, more the lack of motivation to do anything :p 

Gwent is too addictive. I bought the physical expansions and got the Gwent Decks to come with it. I just love it. 

Speaking of Gwent, are you playing the standalone Gwent game? 

I'm about two thirds through the game. Each time I start, I manage to play some 20 hours, before losing motivation to play it. It sucks, because the game and the world is really, really impressive. I just can't stick it out. Oh well, maybe I'll try again after I'm done with Bayonetta 1 & 2.

For whatever strange reason, i decided to start a 2nd playthrough on Tuesday (even though i have a huge backlog).  Will be nice to play with the updates that are in place with the menu and that.

So far, it's like i've never left the world.

I've put over 30 hours into this since restarting this and I have loved every second of it. Everything about this game is just well crafted and I'm spending so much time just wandering around doing quests here and there and just taking in my surroundings.

I've done that epic Bloody Baron questline:

Spoiler

I got a completely different ending this time, with the Baron hanging himself and with his wife dying in Crookback Bog. That whole section of the game, right from the start of the quest to its resolution is one of my favourite gaming moments in recent memory. The characters that you come across really help to push forward the story and the dialogue that's found in this questline is brilliantly crafted, especially Johnny's parts. It's also hard not to feel sorry for the Baron, despite him having many flaws.

I've just made my way over to Skellige and have done fuck all except for wander around and take screenshots. Beautiful location, truly stunning. It feels like you're in a completely different game entirely. Can't wait to go to Toussaint later on!

With my character, I'm going to continue levelling up until around level 25 or so and I should have tons of ability points. I'm going to use the potion of clearance to then wipe all of my abilities so that I can start a new character build. Tempted to go alchemy and sign heavy this time, as I went really physical last time around. Decisions, decisions! 

Wow, he's a big star. I wonder what kind of budget they'll be working with.

There was an interview he did a while back where he said he loved the books & games and really wanted to play Geralt in the Netflix series. Pretty great job application!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

I remember trying this out a couple of years ago and not really feeling it a couple of hours in. Maybe I'll give it another go at some point? 

Either way, CDPR really know how to get in the good graces of their fans, don't they? One of the few :laughing:

• Like 2

That's good to hear, definitely want to replay this game at some point. I wonder if I'll be able to use new game+ from my PS4 save.

I have still yet to start Blood and Wine, so when I'm getting my hands on the new RTX 3080, this will be one of the first games I'll boot up :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I have still yet to start Blood and Wine, so when I'm getting my hands on the new RTX 3080, this will be one of the first games I'll boot up :D

Aw man, you are in for a treat. That DLC looks stunning anyway, but it's going to look even better now. Not only that, but the quality of the quests, the world, and the production values are really high. It's the best DLC I've ever come across.

• Like 1

Sounds great! I had a blast with the Hearts of Stone, and from what I've seen of Blood and Wine it looks absolutely jawdropping. It looks like a completely different game, especially when you're used to the bland and brown colors of the rest of the map.

My favourite game from last gen, this will make for a good excuse for a second play through. It'll be interesting to see if it's just a resolution and frame rate boost or if it's more substantial graphics upgrades.

Hopefully they can make playing it more enjoyable, especially the combat. Hopefully the Netflix advertising isn't too intrusive.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Soooo...will you play the game then? And finish it this year as planned? :p 

I actually started it a week or two ago. I thought it was garbage and haven't touched it since. :p 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I actually started it a week or two ago. I thought it was garbage and haven't touched it since. :p 

Oh, ok.

I guess that's that then. Thread closed. :p 

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Guess it'll be time to start this in December, play it for 30 hours and then drop it again. For the third time :laughing: