NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

32 minutes ago, bob said:

Is there like a special way of dealing with Wraiths/Spirits etc? I've tried trapping them in the purple ring, but they seem to take devastating amounts of health off every time they hit. Do you need special armour or something? Is there a potion?

I cant remember which one it is but if you use a specific oil on your sword it takes them down pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Well, I'm downloading the GOTY edition right now. Should be playable in 2 hours and hopefully completely downloaded tomorrow :D

Do the two expansion packs add anything other than new areas, like skills, weapons, etc.?

Can't wait to give this game another go. I've played the vanilla game until certain point that I can't even remember. Will definitely start again. Maybe even on the highest difficulty :peace:

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Do the two expansion packs add anything other than new areas, like skills, weapons, etc.?

An entire new skill tree thing on top of the standard one. New weapons, armour and Witcher gear upgrades. You're in for a treat, the "season pass" puts most other games DLC to shame.

• Thanks 2

Wasn't it possible to skip through dialogue with the square button?

Anyway, really looking forward to exploring White Orchard again. :) Decided to turn off the markers for Undiscovered Locations. Should make the experience much better.

Forgot how beautiful this game is. :heart:

Edited by drahkon

Really, reaaaally jealous that you're playing this right now. My favourite game of all time.

I'm going to replay this plus expansions during the summer. Cannot fucking wait! Blood and Wine is just fantastic. Love the region and the feeling of being in that area...I might just freeze myself until the summer comes.

Wasn't it possible to skip through dialogue with the square button?
Anyway, really looking forward to exploring White Orchard again. Decided to turn off the markers for Undiscovered Locations. Should make the experience much better.
Forgot how beautiful this game is.
You can skip the dialogue with square. Maybe it's a setting that needs turning on?

2 hours ago, bob said:

You can skip the dialogue with square. Maybe it's a setting that needs turning on?

Looked everywhere but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not possible for me as the game hasn't finished downloading completely.

@Mandalore about that new Skill tree. Do I need to unlock it somehow? If so, can it be done early? Will I miss much if I do it later in the game?

Edited by drahkon

Turning off markers for Undiscovered Locations was a great idea. Exploration is now even more fun. The world is simply amazing. So lively, packed with stuff to discover.

Managed to get the "Even Odds" trophy (kill 2 monsters you have a contract on without Signs, Bombs, Potions, etc.). Was quite tough on Death March, actually.

Oh man, can't wait to get back home and play this :D

On 11/01/2018 at 8:56 AM, drahkon said:

Looked everywhere but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not possible for me as the game hasn't finished downloading completely.

@Mandalore about that new Skill tree. Do I need to unlock it somehow? If so, can it be done early? Will I miss much if I do it later in the game?

IIRC it's right at the start of the new area you unlock with Blood and Wine. It's takes some doing progressing up that tree, but the different routes change the gameplay quite a bit - some fun stuff in there! Jealous you're playing through for the first time - enjoy!

In related news..

oswpdj.png

Camaaaannn!!! That one-word tweet hype

• Like 2

After 5 hours in White Orchard and exploring everything there I'm now off to Velen. :peace:

This game is wonderful.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, drahkon said:

After 5 hours in White Orchard and exploring everything there I'm now off to Velen. :peace:

This game is wonderful.

Make sure you keep on sidequesting! The sides are just as fantastic as the main storyline.

Which markers have you turned off? I'm interested in doing that when I play the game the second time around. Interested to see how it alters the way I approach the game. I put hundreds of hours into it...looking forward to doing all of that again. :D

Most of the side-quests are brilliant.   Some do tie in with the main quest beautifully, so it's highly recommended to do as many as possible.

22 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Which markers have you turned off?

Only Undiscovered Locations.

Been working my way through Keira's quest line but I keep getting sucked into Gwent matches. :D

On 1/18/2018 at 3:59 PM, drahkon said:

Been working my way through Keira's quest line but I keep getting sucked into Gwent matches. :D

After a long hiatus from the game I decided to play this for a couple of hours yesterday. Guess what happened...

GWENT HAPPENED!

But I also completed some quests :)

Played an hour of this after playing nothing but Mario Odyssey for a month. Geralt handles like a damn barge after Mario. It's like trying to herd a single cat to get him where you want to go. Playing Mario has kind of sucked any enthusiasm I had for this game though. I really just want to finish it and move on. I still haven't even opened the two other PS4 games I got for Christmas!

• Thanks 1

Geralt always handled a bit like a wheelbarrow with a broken wheel. The movement and combat was always a little rubbish. I'm really not sure what I'd think of the handling after playing Horizon or MHWorld. 

Definitely agree about the movement.

But to be honest, I don't really care much about combat and movement, or rather the problems with them. The world is just so mesmerizing. Everything about it...the environment, the characters, the quests. It's perfect.

• Like 1

Definitely agree about the movement.
But to be honest, I don't really care much about combat and movement, or rather the problems with them. The world is just so mesmerizing. Everything about it...the environment, the characters, the quests. It's perfect.

I didn't even think it was that bad before. It just seems so much worse after playing a platformer.

I agree about the world and the characters though. It's like taking part in a really good fantasy novel.

Traveled to Skellige in order to complete a certain missable quest for a trophy (and for the items). Hate that place...why? I hate that there are white wolfs that I have to kill (for an abandoned place) :( I know this sounds stupid but it's really fucking hard for me to do that. I have a soft spot for big, fluffy dogs so even video game equivalents make me go "aww" (unless they look like crap).

640-White-Wolves-Pack-l.jpg

Just look at them.

Edited by drahkon

I didn't really have a problem with the movement in the game. It felt like you were moving a 100kg+ man...which is about right. Geralt is a tank. Ciri's movement later on is very different, she's much lighter and more agile. Fits with the game, imo. Same as how Aloy's movement works in Horizon and how Mario works in his settings. Different genres, styles and settings require different movement. 

@drahkon, Skellige is my favourite area in the game...or at least, it was before I went to Toussaint in Blood and Wine. 

29 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Skellige is my favourite area in the game...or at least, it was before I went to Toussaint in Blood and Wine. 

Need to level up much more before I go there :D

I didn't really have a problem with the movement in the game. It felt like you were moving a 100kg+ man...which is about right. Geralt is a tank. Ciri's movement later on is very different, she's much lighter and more agile. Fits with the game, imo. Same as how Aloy's movement works in Horizon and how Mario works in his settings. Different genres, styles and settings require different movement. 
[mention=2521]drahkon[/mention], Skellige is my favourite area in the game...or at least, it was before I went to Toussaint in Blood and Wine. 
I was fine after 10 minutes of acclimatisation, but for those first few moments, it took me 4 tries to guide Geralt through a door.

Reached the 30 hour mark.

Spent a surprisingly long time in Skellige even though I wanted to go back to Novigrad and Velen to do quests and explore the world. But Gwent, man, Gwent. :laughing: Not sure if I'm ready for the high stakes tournament, though.

Anyway, completed the Skellige Gwent quest I had available and am now back in Velen. I'm level 20 but there are a still some quests I need to finish that have a level suggestion way below that. Might turn on "enemy scaling" in the options.

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

Reached the 30 hour mark.

Spent a surprisingly long time in Skellige even though I wanted to go back to Novigrad and Velen to do quests and explore the world. But Gwent, man, Gwent. :laughing: Not sure if I'm ready for the high stakes tournament, though.

Anyway, completed the Skellige Gwent quest I had available and am now back in Velen. I'm level 20 but there are a still some quests I need to finish that have a level suggestion way below that. Might turn on "enemy scaling" in the options.

Gwent is just too fun. Have you just got the base game or have you bought the DLC too?

I remember I couldn't sleep one night in the summer, so I just stayed up and started sailing around the islands in Skellige. I'd stop every now and again to go diving for treasure and then trade it in for lots of money. I pretty much know the Skellige soundtrack off by heart now.