NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Cover and art have been shown off for Blood and Wine.

19ht7iH.jpg

YMC7TiX.jpg

*looks in the top left*

*sees the word Gwent*

conan-the-barbarian_61.gif

Rebought the Witcher 3 along with the expansion pass on PC this weekend so I'm really looking forward to jumping back in tonight. I'd been in the mood for a second playthrough for quite a while but I figured with my new PC it was worth buying it again.

Yes! Finally did it. Witcher 3 beaten on Death March

Started the game on new game plus, thinking that carrying over all the gear would make the mode easier. For the most part it was I think(started it a long time ago), until the last two boss battles. People are saying the final boss is even harder on ng+, probably because of the enemy level increase. Despite that, it took me only four attempts today to beat him, after only a two hours of remembering the controls on Hearts of Stone. It's amazing how walking away from a game and then return later can do to help with whatever you're struggling on.

Don't have the plat yet, got a couple misc battle trophies to do, but they'll be done quickly.

Will finish the dlc, then get all remaining misc trophies in the main game.

Has anyone started Hearts of Stone yet? The fucking frog drove me goddamn crazy. Way to start your DLC with a wet fart.

Has anyone started Hearts of Stone yet? The fucking frog drove me goddamn crazy. Way to start your DLC with a wet fart.

That fucking frog.

I enjoyed the DLC and it does get much better after that start. Fucking frog.

That fucking frog.

I enjoyed the DLC and it does get much better after that start. Fucking frog.

Turns into one of the great Witcher quests later on, but man that shit bastard frog. And then the fucking airbender cunt blowing sand up everyone's crack on the beach. After that everything was smooth sailing.

Any word on what Blood and Wine is actually going to consist of? New map? Size? etc...

Turns into one of the great Witcher quests later on, but man that shit bastard frog. And then the fucking airbender cunt blowing sand up everyone's crack on the beach. After that everything was smooth sailing.

Any word on what Blood and Wine is actually going to consist of? New map? Size? etc...

I've heard it's an entire new region, no idea on the size though. Perhaps White Orchard, maybe bigger?

The frog is the fucking worst.

New map that 'rivals the size of those found in the base game' - about 20 hours of content, apparently.

New screenshots dropped yesterday in fact

thewitcher3wildhuntbloodandwineannahenriettaandherentouragergbenpng-6d9f33_765w.png

thewitcher3wildhuntbloodandwinetoussaintisfullofplacesjustwaitingtobediscoveredrgbenpng-6d9f35_765w.png

I am so ready.

Also, CDPR have been talking about 'a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio'. Gwent standalone release? Perhaps along the lines of the Pokemon Trading Card Game for gameboy? You heard it here first....

Sounds like Cyberpunk is still in pretty early stages though. Can't have em all...

I got excited and started breathing heavily when I saw that there was a new post in this thread.

Had the time finally come? Had we finally received the Blood and Wine release date?

No. Just more glorious looking screenshots to tease our testicles.

I've got the biggest case of blueballs for the DLC.

So getting someone all hot and excited and then ultimately disappointing then? Sounds about right for me.

The Steam page popped up for Blood & Wine with a release date of 30th-31st May ( conflicting reports here ). The page was quickly took down soon after.

200.gif

Give me a date, dammit!

How the fuck am I expected to play this, Uncharted 4 AND No Man's Sky all in a short space of time? I'm never going to get anything done ever again!

Hnnnnnngggg. My heart.

@Fierce_LiNk you need a release date? It was in the trailer, wasn't it?

Here's what to expect from the DLC, though looking at the amount of content it may as well be a whole new game. :D

The Numbers:

• 30+ hour adventure.

• Over 90 new quests.

• Over 40 new points of interest.

• Dynamic points of interest system. Killing bandits in their main hideout will affect the number of enemies in surrounding camps.

• 14000 lines of dialogue (Hearts of Stone had 6000).

• 100 individual pieces of armour (including new Witcher sets).

• More than 20 new monsters.

• New Game + maximum level increased to 100.

Armour and Weapons:

• New Witcher armour class ‘Grandmaster’.

• New armour merchant who is the only one able to craft this level of Witcher gear.

• Can get blue, hooded armour from Witcher 2, armour from Witcher 1, Ursine Witcher armour with furry pauldron that was in the artbook but cut from the main game.

• More than 30 new weapons.

• Can now dye armour. Dyes can be bought from a merchant, crafted or looted. Only obtainable in Toussaint. Pink is among the colours.

• You can acquire the golden, plumed armour of the Touissant knights, and the same goes for Roach!

New Mutation System:

• Mutations. 12 new abilities. Mechanic is unlocked through a quest started by a letter from Yennefer. Examples: Signs can have critical hits causing the enemy to explode, instead of dying Geralt is healed and has damage immunity, opponents knocked down by AARD freeze and die instantly. Can only utilise one at a time.

• The UI resembles Witcher 2’s character customization screen. Basically they’re super strong abilities/stat boosts that require mutagens and skill points to unlock. Can only pick one at a time but you have to unlock earlier ones to get the others.

• Despite unlocking it at level 34+ (recommended level to venture to Touissant) the system and anything you’ve unlocked carries over to New Game+ so you won’t have to unlock it again.

UI Changes:

• Greatly redesigned User Interface.

• Can now rotate Geralt in stats screen.

• Books moved to glossary.

• Upon looting a readable item a little notification pops up in bottom left of screen. Upon clicking in the right stick (on Xbox One controller), you can read the text of recently looted books, letters, notes etc without having to go to the menu, inventory, finding the right book and so on.

• Option to remove fish-eye effect from witcher sense.

Home Base:

• Geralt gets his own motherfucking vineyard.

• It’s called Corvo Bianco.

• You can renovate it with large sums of money, the option I saw was for 5000 Orens.

• You can add a greenhouse of sorts where you can grow herbs for all your witcher potion needs, an armourer’s table, a stable for Roach (with its own stat bonuses), upgrade your bed, renovated interior and exterior, secret lab, guest room.

• Guest room where old friends will come to stay. They said the names Triss and Yennefer, but were reluctant to reveal the names of anyone else who might visit. Surprise Iorveth/Saskia visit??

• Scaffolding and workers will appear after you choose to build something. Each change takes a certain amount of in-game time to complete, but you can just meditate til everything’s done.

• Can display your armour, weapons, paintings and books.

• Some paintings can be bought, or specially made, others are obtained through quests.

Music:

• Over 2 hours of new musical content in the game.

• The title screen song is a reworked version of the Bruxa song from the CGI trailer.

Other Tidbits:

• Can enter Geralt in a tournament, creating his own logo and team colours.

• Can enter under a fake name, although you may not fool everyone.

• You can of course race horses, but other events involve crossbow shooting and a grand melee. Seems like there will be more but they didn’t want to say.

• No new unique weather effects, but the lighting has been prepared specially to reflect the feeling of Southern Europe.

• No new hairstyles.

• As of the preview event (3/5/16) they were still working on the final boss fight.

• Grass has been optimised, more of it but less expensive.

• Improvements to cloth tech (see interview for more detail).

• New sword sheathing option. With this new option Geralt no longer automatically unsheathes his sword at the start of combat. Also, he no longer switches weapons to match the opponent. The player has to do it on their own.

• CDPR staff were given a sheet that says “We do not talk about Cyberpunk” for this press tour.

• Bioware staff apparently cheered when Witcher 3 was delayed out of 2014.

• Nilfgaard and Northern Kingdoms physical Gwents cards exist, unsure if they’re being packaged with this expansion.

• Release date May 31.

@Fierce_LiNk you need a release date? It was in the trailer, wasn't it?

OH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD.

200.gif

I didn't spot that! I was too excited by the rest of it that I didn't pay attention at the end. OH MY GOD!

200.gif

The perfect gif for my reaction right now:

200.gif

There was some slight controversy recently regarding a promotional image that CD Projekt Red released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's upcoming expansion, Blood and Wine. The screenshot shows protagonist Geralt standing over a corpse of a man that's been sliced into pieces. It's undoubtedly a gory image, but some felt that it was a little too violent, consequently triggering a minor backlash towards the developer from those who weren't keen on it being passed around so freely.

As any fan of the Polish studio's work will know, though, the outfit rarely shies away from scenes of an adult nature. Wild Hunt, for example, features plenty of guts and blood as well as scenarios of a sexual nature. It also deals with mature and potentially distressing themes such as rape, torture, and racism. It's all rather grim, but that's just the feel that The Witcher games tend go for.

Speaking to GameSpot about the aforementioned Blood and Wine expansion, CD Projekt Red's senior animator Jamie Bury comments on why the developer doesn't sugar-coat adult themes in its latest project. "My answer generally would be that it's an adult game, and it's a very unpleasant world that Geralt has to live in, and these things happen," Bury told the publication.

"We could try to censor those things and shy away from them, but it's an adult game and adults are playing and we shouldn't baby them by telling them what they can and can't see,"

This is very refreshing to read. There's a lot of talk about censorship in gaming at the moment and it's great to read a developer who isn't afraid of making the game they want to make, without bending over to other peoples ideals or beliefs.

In other news, @Fierce_LiNk apparently there is a free Blood and Wine theme for your PS4 on the PSN store. Not sure if you're into changing your themes or not but figured I would give you a heads up.

This is very refreshing to read. There's a lot of talk about censorship in gaming at the moment and it's great to read a developer who isn't afraid of making the game they want to make, without bending over to other peoples ideals or beliefs.

While I totally agree with that, I do think that maybe more thought into what promotional images are sent out could have been in order. It may be an adult game with adults playing but anyone can view the promotional stuff.

In other news, @Fierce_LiNk apparently there is a free Blood and Wine theme for your PS4 on the PSN store. Not sure if you're into changing your themes or not but figured I would give you a heads up.

I've tried out the theme. I'm constantly switching them up. Will see how long I stick with this one for. :D

I didn't realise you could have themes. I now have a festive Christmas one.

I haven't seen the new one, but I love the one I have from the main game's release. Haven't switched to anything else since.

Fucks sake everytime I see that @Hero\-of\-Time post in here I hope to read his positive thoughts of Witcher 3.

Alas not

Fucks sake everytime I see that @Hero\-of\-Time post in here I hope to read his positive thoughts of Witcher 3.

Alas not

You're assuming I'm going to enjoy it. :D

Alas not

I reckon the more you pester him to play it, the more unlikely he'll be to start it.

Let him play it in his own time. I think he'll enjoy it, but it is a big commitment. :D

Trailer looks great. Really can't wait. :D