NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I read on gaf that the first expansion will be 10 hours long, the second 20 and that they'll be around the size of Witcher 2. Not sure if that's individually or combined.

In terms of the main quest, I believe that the end is in sight.

I'm recruiting my allies for the battle at Kaer Morhen

I'm at that point too, but stalling it by doing more quests/contracts and checking out all those question marks on the map.

Although it does seem the home straight is coming, I'm only level 25 and with many quests being level 30ish and many items only available at level 37, I hope there's a bit more to it. Because these quests don't give much XP.

Well, let's just say I'd be surprised if Flink finishes the game by Tuesday.

In terms of the main quest, I believe that the end is in sight.

I'm recruiting my allies for the battle at Kaer Morhen

I thought the same thing. How wrong I was!

Well, I learnt the hard way that the decisions in this game are very far reaching.

I set the tree demon thing free, since it seemed normal enough and I hated the crones. That freed the orphans (which made it seem like the right decision), caused the crones to destroy the nearby village and curse the Bloody Baron's wife Anna, which in turn caused the Bloody Baron to hang himself once we couldn't lift the curse.

Fucking brutal for a simple decision on what seemed like a superficial quest. I did hear that something bad happens to the orphans (possibly die?) if I chose the other option, so I'll stick with my decisions.

By the time you find out the full consequences of your actions, it's a massive hassle to go back and change them. This game is fucking awesome and definitely the best example of a game which has real consequences for your actions IMO. So fucking good.

Fucking brutal for a simple decision on what seemed like a superficial quest. I did hear that something bad happens to the orphans (possibly die?) if I chose the other option, so I'll stick with my decisions.

It's implied that the Crones eat them. No biggie. It's not like any of them played Gwent.

I ran into the tree spirit by accident about ten hours before getting to that point in the main quest. I had no idea what to choose, but Pillars of Eternity taught not to make promises if you don't intend to keep them, so... :blank:

Well, I learnt the hard way that the decisions in this game are very far reaching.

I set the tree demon thing free, since it seemed normal enough and I hated the crones. That freed the orphans (which made it seem like the right decision), caused the crones to destroy the nearby village and curse the Bloody Baron's wife Anna, which in turn caused the Bloody Baron to hang himself once we couldn't lift the curse.

By the time you find out the full consequences of your actions, it's a massive hassle to go back and change them. This game is fucking awesome and definitely the best example of a game which has real consequences for your actions IMO. So fucking good.

I went to kill the tree spirit, talked it to and changed my mind so went and got the horse and stuff then decided something felt fishy so I tricked it and killed it anyway.

The weird thing was though in my game, the fact that the orphans were gone after that was never really mentioned by anyone

Just remembered something weird from that bit of the game:

In the bit where you find out what Ciri did in the swamps, I was doing the bit where she is running away from the orphan area and I got to the checkpoint and the black horse that the tree spirit possessed was there, making it seem that the reason that the crones punished the tree spirit was because he helped Ciri escape.

The flashback ended straight away though, so I would have thought that if that was the case, it would have been shown in a cutscene or something. It almost made it seem like a glitch and the horse shouldn't have been there.

It was defintely the tree spirit though, since it was a black horse with glowing red eyes.

Well, let's just say I'd be surprised if Flink finishes the game by Tuesday.

I thought the same thing. How wrong I was!

I spent all day on this yesterday and have been playing since about 10:30.

The dangerous thing with this game is that once you complete one sidequest somewhere, another one pops up. I've just been sidequesting all day and it's taken me houuuurs...in the best possible way.

Fuaaaaark, the build up to that battle was immense and that battle itself was pretty epic. I LOVED the switching back and forth between Geralt and Ciri. I imagine this is quite tough on the harder levels. I did this battle yesterday, killed Imlerith yesterday too and thought the battle against him was pretty cool, too.

Just did the sidequest where the people have been turned into pigs in the village Lurtch. Thought it was excellently done. Chuckled a few times, heh. Especially when he had to communicate with the pigs.

How much capacity can your peeps hold? At the moment I'm on 160, and I have to keep making dumpsites when investigating all the question marks, which always seem to be fucking bandit camps or hidden/guarded treasure and I keep picking up a load of shit I can't use, then I can't carry, and then can't sell because shopkeepers have a limited amount of money to buy things!

The next patch will add a player stash, but you may also want to be a bit more selective about what you pick up...

I've read that nothing ever disappear, so you can make a fast travel point of your choice your stash site. It will be there when you return no matter what. Although most gear is worthless anyway if you craft the supreme witcher school gear.

They added the wolf witcher school gear in a patch right? Think I will be hunting for it just shortly before the first expansion.

I've read that nothing ever disappear, so you can make a fast travel point of your choice your stash site. It will be there when you return no matter what. Although most gear is worthless anyway if you craft the supreme witcher school gear.

They added the wolf witcher school gear in a patch right? Think I will be hunting for it just shortly before the first expansion.

I've not really bothered crafting anything weaponwise yet. Mainly because the stuff they can craft is either too shit, or available at too high a level.

I've not really bothered crafting anything weaponwise yet. Mainly because the stuff they can craft is either too shit, or available at too high a level.

I've spent a shit load of time crafting, brah. It's worth it, I've had some excellent weapons along the way.

Do you do many secondary quests or contracts (or even treasure hunts)? I think we're at a similar part of the story, but I'm level 32.

I really like how the character/skill tree thing works. I've just got that igni ability where you essentially use a flame-thrower type of effect on your enemies (until your stamina meter runs out). It's fucking awesome. I've been running around just getting into fights so I can toast some bitches.

I've spent a shit load of time crafting, brah. It's worth it, I've had some excellent weapons along the way.

Do you do many secondary quests or contracts (or even treasure hunts)? I think we're at a similar part of the story, but I'm level 32.

I really like how the character/skill tree thing works. I've just got that igni ability where you essentially use a flame-thrower type of effect on your enemies (until your stamina meter runs out). It's fucking awesome. I've been running around just getting into fights so I can toast some bitches.

That flamethrower thing is awesome. It's really the only sign I've been upgrading, and the Axii one for extra dialogue shit.

Crafting is something I think I'm always in the wrong place with, I can make the shit gear, but always missing out on something for the good stuff which can only be used about 7 levels higher and I may pick up something sexier I can use before that time even comes.

Here's me at the moment.

11698967_10153216324349079_5511741770113484226_o.jpg

That flamethrower thing is awesome. It's really the only sign I've been upgrading, and the Axii one for extra dialogue shit.

Crafting is something I think I'm always in the wrong place with, I can make the shit gear, but always missing out on something for the good stuff which can only be used about 7 levels higher and I may pick up something sexier I can use before that time even comes.

Here's me at the moment.

11698967_10153216324349079_5511741770113484226_o.jpg

I quite like Quen. Dat shield protection.

Is that the Witch Hunter's coat thing that you've got on there. Think I'm rocking that at the moment, too.

You buy maps from vendors, which unlock scavenger hunt quests, which lead you to diagrams. To craft witcher gear, you first need to do the quests to unlock the master swordsmith/armorer.

How are you level 30 with no witcher gear whatsoever? :p

Because I got mad skills bitch.

Checking what I have done:

Bear School Gear

Griffin School Upgrade Parts 2-3-4

Griffin School Gear

Griffin School Diagrams Part 1

Viper School Gear.

Out of everything that provides, the only stuff which improves on what I've got can only be available from level 35 at minimum, and I'm not sure if that's Witcher Gear. I'm level 32 now, so maybe I'll get some shit crafted when I reach 35, assuming I don't manage to find something else which pimpsmacks its stats beforehand.

I quite like Quen. Dat shield protection.

Is that the Witch Hunter's coat thing that you've got on there. Think I'm rocking that at the moment, too.

It's weird, because my armour changed twice over the space of 30 minutes after that snap was taken. Normally I only manage to find something with a green stat every couple of levels, if I'm lucky.

I'm pretty much all out of quests for the moment. I've not bothered with any gwent shit, so I'll have to do some of the Final Preparations and see what else crops up.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Just finished this, amazing game and certainly a GOTY contender. I ended up at level 36 and went for a magic build on my character and master crafted the Griffin armour and weapons for dat sign intensity bonus!

I don't usually replay long games like this but I can see me playing through this again with a different character build and armour set and maybe trying the death march setting at some point, maybe just before the first DLC drops as I'll definitely be picking it up.

Here are the maps for the scavenger hunt of the wolf, bear and cat gear. With a few exceptions, the witcher gear set are the best armour and weapon you can find.

http://witcherhour.com/vendor-locations-that-sell-scavenger-hunt-maps-to-obtain-witcher-set-gear-bear-cat-griffin/

YOU LIE!

I'll have a look for the shit I don't have anyway. Not sure if I'll be able to be bothered to craft normal versions then go mastercraft.

Haha, yeah I wasn't sure I got it right when I wrote that :p

It's not that hard to craft them. I had most of the items in inventory already. Think I only had to buy two items for the feline gear, which I easily found at master forges.

But I know the feeling, that there's no need to craft anything. For the vast majority of the game, chances are you can find better armour and weapons than you can craft. It's only at end game at high level it's worth crafting as then they are finally stronger than what you can find in chests. Prior to the witcher gear, which I did around lv 34-35, I never crafted anything of armour and weapons either.

Got some of the diagrams but now getting a little bored as it's not giving me any EXP.

Might try my luck without it for the moment. I don't catch as many legendary Pokémon as I can to use before taking on the Elite Four, I use the shit I started with and replaced with marginally better shit as I went along!

[slightly wank analogy, but you feels. I can tell.]