NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Got into Gwent right at the endgame, did one of the final quests and Ermion disappeared from the world map so I couldn't complete my card collection. Fucked off doesn't even begin to describe. Would love if Gwent was multiplayer.

Wood rek u 1v1 in real lyf m8.

Brb, using torrential rain.

Wood rek u 1v1 in real lyf m8.

Brb, using torrential rain.

Clear weather + Foltest the siegemaster.

Ur fukin wrecked m25.

Clear weather + Foltest the siegemaster.

Ur fukin wrecked m25.

Cunt.

love you really

I wouldn't mind this, but I can easily live without it. Think the screen would look a bit too cluttered with more stuff on it.

A small arrow/similar with the distance countdown (basically what's on the minimap but more centralised) would hardly clutter it.

To get rid of clutter they can get rid of that bullshit Wolf head in the top left corner. Pointless waste of space.

What ending did you get?

Ciri survives and becomes a witcher. Radovid conquers the north and defeat the Empire. Ceryl is the ruler of Skellige.

Okay ending. Nothing too shocking, more like wrapping up the story. I've read that this is considered the good ending.

Edited by Tales

Put in a lot of time on this at the weekend and have moved the story on quite a bit. Now in Novigrad and have met up with Triss. Perhaps it's because of not playing the second one properly (I didn't have the time to play it beyond the siege/dragon bit at the start and never went back to it later on), but I really haven't taken to Triss from that first meeting. Maybe that'll change as I play more.

In terms of some of my choices so far:

Decided to tell the Baron that Tamara was still alive and wouldn't be coming back. Also told him about his wife in the bog and agreed to help him rescue her. In the end, he ended up taking Anna off to the healer in the Blue Mountains so that's pretty much the end of that but seems like the best outcome despite me constantly having a go at him for what he'd done (though I did let up once I found out the whole story).

Hoping, though, that there's a quest at some point to actually get rid of the Crones in the bog.

Also finished up the Keira Metz quest line. Sent her to Kaer Morhan and let her keep the papers. In the end, if she can actually do something with Alexander's work to help people, then that's a good thing. And more so from the relative safety of Kaer Morhan. With the current situation of Radovid killing sorcerers and such, I thought this was the best option.

Really, really enjoying it though. Not going to have a huge amount of time to play it over the next few weeks which is annoying as it has got its hooks in and I want to see what happens. The world building in the game is just phenomenal. It really is on a whole other level, as are the characters you meet. Definitely one of the best games ever.

Determined to try and finish this before Batman comes out. Not gonna happen is it...

Not for me. Just got to Skellige and getting sidetracked. Although Roach is useless there. Too rocky and with so many trees you can't see if you're riding to the edge of a cliff.

Determined to try and finish this before Batman comes out. Not gonna happen is it...

Not for me. Just got to Skellige and getting sidetracked. Although Roach is useless there. Too rocky and with so many trees you can't see if you're riding to the edge of a cliff.

I had hoped to get finished up before Batman but no chance. I've mopped up everything I can get done without making the trip to Skellige so seems like a good point to take a brief pause for Batman. 64 hours and counting...

I played for around 8 hours straight yesterday and I regret nothing. My total play time is ridiculous...according to it, I've reached a time of over 14 days and counting. I can't put it down. I seem to keep finding new stuff and I'm not rushing it whatsoever, I love taking my time and riding through the landscape and just taking it all in.

Definitely the best game I've ever played. Novigrad is also one of my favourite locations ever in a game. It's so big and it feels so real. I swear there's new parts that are getting added to it beacuase I feel like I know it inside out yet there seems to be new areas that I don't seem to remember. Maybe my memory is so shit.

This game has redefined how I feel about sidequests and it's changed how I'll see them in future. It must have taken fucking forever to think of these quests in the first place, let alone give each one its own storyline and voice acting, etc. Just wow. :o

Also, Skellige is surreal in many places. The music is beautiful and the visuals are jaw dropping.

For anyone who's completed the game, can you tell me how many hours roughly I've got left till I'm done with the story?

Just fought the Wild Hunt at Kaer Morhen.

For anyone who's completed the game, can you tell me how many hours roughly I've got left till I'm done with the story?

You got quite a few more. I don't know, 3-5 hours or more if you focus only on the story.

Finished the game last week. Every question mark discovered, every possible quest completed. Lv 37 but I have to go back and check for the play time. Looking forward to the dlc, I hope they add new areas and not just quests.

Oh man, I've hit a bug and i can't progress.

On the Payback quest. Chose to steal horses, and it's saying to calm them with Axii, and it's stuck on 2/3, yet all the horses have the Axii sign cast on them. Don't know what to do.

:(

EvH4W8P.png

Edited by MadDog

Oh man, I've hit a bug and i can't progress.

On the Payback quest. Chose to steal horses, and it's saying to calm them with Axii, and it's stuck on 2/3, yet all the horses have the Axii sign cast on them. Don't know what to do.

:(

EvH4W8P.png

Can you reload a save from earlier and try it again? Is it possible to leave the area and come back?

Can you reload a save from earlier and try it again? Is it possible to leave the area and come back?

I didn't realise the game kept multiple saves. Loaded up one just before and it works now. :)

I love this game. Everything is just so well done, and it's incredible to think how much effort has gone into building this stunning world. You'd think a game of this size would have drops in quality, but there just isn't.

It's actually quite sad that Wii U only gamers can't experience this masterpiece, as it's a a truly great accomplishment for gaming.

This is also where I'm at. Loving this game. Getting sucked into the main quests, so may just plough through until end game!

Side quests can wait!

I didn't realise the game kept multiple saves. Loaded up one just before and it works now. :)

I love this game. Everything is just so well done, and it's incredible to think how much effort has gone into building this stunning world. You'd think a game of this size would have drops in quality, but there just isn't.

It's actually quite sad that Wii U only gamers can't experience this masterpiece, as it's a a truly great accomplishment for gaming.

Yeah, I found out about the multiple saves a few days ago. Pretty cool, heh.

I can't believe that I could have missed out on this had I stayed WiiU-only. :o

Even sadder when despite Nintendo's protestations they may not even see a Zelda game on Wii U!

Even when they do it won't be a patch on this!

Even sadder when despite Nintendo's protestations they may not even see a Zelda game on Wii U!

Even when they do it won't be a patch on this!

How do you know that Zelda "won't be a patch on this"?

They're are two completely different type of games with different gameplay mechanics, heck they are different genres. It's like comparing apples with pears.

Anyway, played this a bit more and now finally progressed from the first area. I keep becoming overburdened which is annoying. I don't like chucking any of my items away so what do I do about this? I also love Gwent and wish there was a game released on my iphone so I could play it :D

So far i'm loving the game. I can see myself losing hours to it! :)

They're are two completely different type of games with different gameplay mechanics, heck they are different genres. It's like comparing apples with pears.

Anyway, played this a bit more and now finally progressed from the first area. I keep becoming overburdened which is annoying. I don't like chucking any of my items away so what do I do about this? I also love Gwent and wish there was a game released on my iphone so I could play it :D

So far i'm loving the game. I can see myself losing hours to it! :)

Yeah I think that's fair. Zelda's USP in the gaming sphere is defo it's dungeons, puzzles, bosses, none of which this game can beat it on. Shame in a way though, since games like W3 have completely taken the mantle of masterful exploration, which defined Zelda for me in my youth (Sailing Skellige is quite Wind Waker in feel, for example).

Re storage - first thing you do in Velen should be try and find a +100 or at least +70 saddlebags. Total pain otherwise!

Quick PSA: GAME BREAKING GLITCH - on questline Ugly Baby, when you speak to Lambert in km, go with him straight away! In my game and apparently many others he sunk into the floor after I said I'd do it later, breaking the main quest. Had to redo 2 hrs progress. Similar situation to Maddog. Sucks!

Nonetheless, totally worth it for what followed...

29lcoqh.jpg Amazing scene!! Never thought we'd get to see Geralt playing never have I ever.. and then this!! Hilarious stuff

Completely in awe of the game. Have finished off most of the Skellige quests and thought they were every bit as good as the Novigrad ones - loved the banquet bits, and sailing from isle to isle tracking people down. Some of the voice acting is shonky as fuck though.

Some of my favorite scenes / most pretty bits from act one

1zge3ja.jpg

345mxap.jpg

e5pleg.jpg

11txsw6.jpg

v63d78.jpg

iw0rgp.jpg

16beqvt.jpg

34pyzi9.jpg

Wouldn't completely agree with @MadDog though, I feel there are quite a few dud Witcher Contracts, but I feel compelled to do them all because the best ones are so good. Started to feel a touch burnt out on them- so my question is, can anyone remember any must-do contracts? Following the Thread, for example, started as a contract and was this completely epic story across the whole map with a great ending and I wouldn't want to miss similar!

They're are two completely different type of games with different game play mechanics, heck they are different genres. It's like comparing apples with pears.

I have never understood why people say this yet come December time every major website, video series, forum, blog, podcast has their game of the year awards that often produce top 10s of games that couldn't be more different!

Having said that I should clarify what I meant. When this new Zelda was first announced Nintendo were making noises about the open world nature and how fans should be patient as it will take them time to fill out a living world. The Witcher absolutely nails that living world and I don't think Nintendo will come close to matching that feel. I do agree though there are a ton of differences Zelda's dungeons for example.

I dont expect Nintendo to nail it this time around. Personally I think they've held back showing the new Zelda because they are realising just how hard it is to build a proper open world game. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Following the Thread, for example, started as a contract and was this completely epic story across the whole map with a great ending and I wouldn't want to miss similar!

I failed that quest :( Had to meet someone at Falor (or something), which was apparently in Skellige, then whilst fapping around in the area I get into a cutscene and it tells me I've failed it.