NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Very impressive numbers, seeing as Microsoft seemingly have advertisement rights to the game.

Started exploring the lower part of the map now, uncovered a wild Griffin nest on my way to an abandoned sea front town. Couldn't face it as my weapons were diminished, but did clear a few abandoned settlements on the way of bandits and monsters. Working on getting a few better weapons, just need that Emerald dust and i'm sorted. How hard is it to find a Wraith i will not know.

Does that number take into account PC digital sales as well? I can never remember if PC sales are still just physical copies or not.

Just physical sales.

So deserved, the game is a masterpiece.

Just physical sales.

Does make you wonder then what would actually be the top platform for it. So stupid that digital sales still arent counted, especially where the PC is concerned.

Does make you wonder then what would actually be the top platform for it. So stupid that digital sales still arent counted, especially where the PC is concerned.

Yeah it's abit backwards. I'd guess pc would have a solid share.

It's the same with the music charts aswell, it's baffling they don't include digital sales yet. :p

Anyone finding the combat a bit shit? Dodging seems either unresponsive or moves a small fraction and you get hit anyway. Pressing to use signs only seems to work half of the time and even though you're "locked" onto a target you've got to spin the camera around because it won't do it for you. It makes me miss Z-Targeting.

I may have missed it, but is there a stealth option? I find when I'm nearing a bandit camp, or before it can even tell me what it is (because I'm still some way off) arrows fly out and scare the shit out of me.

Yeah it's abit backwards. I'd guess pc would have a solid share.

It's the same with the music charts aswell, it's baffling they don't include digital sales yet. :p

I thought they started this years ago (like nearly a decade or something)... Didn't 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley become the first number one single purely through downloads alone?

I thought music charts did include digital downloads, but games don't. Since downloads completely dwarf music CD sales these days.

Ah yes they do, sorry my mistake. :)

I wonder how well PC games would do in the charts when steam sales and such are on. If they were included, of course.

Was trying to discover some questionmarks and it led me on top of this mountain. Nothing there though and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be there. The hill was like 70% steep, although that was of no problem for Roch.

10552416_10205566443614138_297799194741209060_n.jpg?oh=ba4d8cca11c984124d8ddf7a787ea644&oe=5603A406

edit, I actually got to the top. Of that mountain anyway.

11052436_10205566600178052_7746814743876452298_n.jpg?oh=d48fdb4c086f248c71a432fc02f44847&oe=55C22249

11210412_10205566593057874_6093777323965199887_n.jpg?oh=6adf3bf9f31911719259bc82a43f4868&oe=55F286B0

1524889_10205566585577687_2427862135607374960_n.jpg?oh=28d0e4f4a9ddbee0a7421da83c574f7b&oe=55BEEF7A

Edited by Tales

On board with you on this though, one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Does the same thing Bloodborne did for action games, totally makes you revise the strategies you'd usually use in combat situations for games like this. Need to be so methodical, and think like a scavenger luring enemies into situations where you can inflict damage safely, use all your tools available and different ones for each enemy. Going into this after the last big RPG I played being Skyrim, it feels like the world doesn't just exist as a chain of quests designed to gratify my obsessive compulsion, but like an actual world. Obviously you run into the limits of the believability of that world in places, but its still better than any other game of its type so far. Big up mang, it's dope as fuck.

I've been trying to explain this to @Eenuh, but I think it's one of those games you need to experience for yourself in order to "get it".

The sidequests are utterly brilliant. I can survive in this game off those alone. They don't feel like sidequests either, because they feel like an extension of the main story, just branches that extend from within it or that enrich the main story.

I'm also confusing myself a little and finding it hard to distinguish which quests are the main story and which ones are there as a supplement. It's very, very clever how it's done.

I love the crafting system, too. It's all clicked now and I understand what I'm doing. But, I also feel that there's like a whole separate side of things that I haven't got into yet or don't fully understand. I felt the same with Bloodborne, like I got through to the end but I still feel that I could start again and play it all very differently.

Ive been sinking some hours in. Hardly progressed the main quest but been to several question marks. Takes ages to level up doesn't it? Im finding it quite overwhelming and a bit slow at the minute. Enjoying it though!

Edited by Blade

Enjoying the game, currently at level 10.

One thing I am struggling with is alchemy and improving my armor /weapons. I haven't got to grips with it yet, I'm finding it all very confusing. Have literally loads of items that I don't know what to do with and I keep being overburdened (even with saddle bags).

Is it bad that I haven't upgraded my weapons yet? Wahhhh

Ive been sinking some hours in. Hardly progressed the main quest but been to several question marks. Takes ages to level up doesn't it? Im finding it quite overwhelming and a bit slow at the minute. Enjoying it though!

Don't go out roaming the fields, hoping to kill beasts this way and levelling up like it's Pokemon. It won't work efficiently that way. I'd stick to the quests as and when they come, I've been finding that a good way to gain experience.

Enjoying the game, currently at level 10.

One thing I am struggling with is alchemy and improving my armor /weapons. I haven't got to grips with it yet, I'm finding it all very confusing. Have literally loads of items that I don't know what to do with and I keep being overburdened (even with saddle bags).

Is it bad that I haven't upgraded my weapons yet? Wahhhh

I don't know how to upgrade the weapons or armour or if there even is a way. I've been crafting new weapons/gear by using the blue prints that I find or buying them.

I'm being a shameful little shit and reading all the books and notes I find lying around for those tasty morsels of bullshit lore. It's actually remarkably well written so I don't feel that ashamed, but like, there's only so much zoological data you can read about fictional creatures before you feel your neckbeard growing in.

Felt bad killing her.
:(

I didnt kill her, I talked her out of using the notes and sent her to stay at Kaer Morhen

Killed her, but I didn't know that would happen when I chose my answer. I never thought "Can't let you do that" would translate into "I have to kill you". I don't understand why either. She risk her life by going Radovid, so I have to kill her so Radovid doesn't kill her?!

Only thing that I can think of that make sense of this, is if she was going to create the plague, then offer the antidote, but nothing by her own words or the quest notes indicates this, aside from "for her own immoral ends", but that can mean anything

I'm just going to pretend that was her intention, otherwise I wouldn't killed her.

Well, I did the money exploit because I'm a cheater and have no shame.

I got to 94,000 and thought that'll do for a while, so I celebrated by visiting a brothel as money was of no concern to me.

I continued on with some quests and side quests picking up items, fast travelling a lot. I then went to sell my pickups to a merchant only to find my money had dropped to 24,000.

Thing is though I'd not bought anything other than one visit to the brothel that cost me 20gold (I went cheap house, not upper class)

So.. does fast travelling make you lose money? Do you lose money after missions, do you lose money after combat? What's the deal?

I can't be too bitter I guess as I cheated for it in the first place. But Still pretty annoying.

level 8 now, just wandering around the place finding locations. Pretty addicted and find I'm counting down the hours in work till I can play again.

It was heartbreakening, and I really wanted to see Triss nude, but I couldn't do it to Yennifer. Damn it, she's not even real >_>

Well, I did the money exploit because I'm a cheater and have no shame.

I got to 94,000 and thought that'll do for a while, so I celebrated by visiting a brothel as money was of no concern to me.

I continued on with some quests and side quests picking up items, fast travelling a lot. I then went to sell my pickups to a merchant only to find my money had dropped to 24,000.

Thing is though I'd not bought anything other than one visit to the brothel that cost me 20gold (I went cheap house, not upper class)

So.. does fast travelling make you lose money? Do you lose money after missions, do you lose money after combat? What's the deal?

I can't be too bitter I guess as I cheated for it in the first place. But Still pretty annoying.

level 8 now, just wandering around the place finding locations. Pretty addicted and find I'm counting down the hours in work till I can play again.

I know you lose money when the guards defeat you. Buy any weapon or armour?

It was heartbreakening, and I really wanted to see Triss nude, but I couldn't do it to Yennifer. Damn it, she's not even real >_>

I know you lose money when the guards defeat you. Buy any weapon or armour?

Nope didn't buy a thing, honestly other than the one cheap brothel trip. And in the time I was playing from then to checking my stats I'm pretty damned certain I didn't lose any battles or get killed or what not.

Oh well.

Anyone know how to get hold of cured draconia leather?

Screw Yennifer and her dumb name, Triss is my main in this game. As I said in an earlier post though, I'm worried for Geralt when he makes it back to Kaer Mohren at the end of this game and finds both Keira and Triss waiting for him!

Nope didn't buy a thing, honestly other than the one cheap brothel trip. And in the time I was playing from then to checking my stats I'm pretty damned certain I didn't lose any battles or get killed or what not.

You can only hold 65,535 oren. If you go over that, you'll lose a bunch of money when you load a saved game.

You can only hold 65,535 oren. If you go over that, you'll lose a bunch of money when you load a saved game.

Makes sense... Kinda... I hadn't reloaded any saves since doing the exploit and losing the money. Unless it counts loading after fast travelling. Guess that could be it.

Bugger!