NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'm trying to do quests where i know i can do them without being slaughtered, it's a pity that most of my quests are level 7 and 10 at present. Including the Witcher contracts i have, even got a few 30+ quests.

Got the full set of Tamerian armour, which is helping with some of the level 6 and 7 quests (aka i'm living longer).

And i forget how gruesome this game can be

White%20Orchard_zpsmsrxtnuo.jpg

Edited by Jimbob

Kinda wish there was a way of filtering out the greyed out icons on the map. They don't grey out that much either - I'm having difficulty telling which ones I'v completed and those I haven't.

Yeah, there are a few minor issues like that I'm finding; small but annoying.

The game is fucking fantastic, though. I'm really loving it. Really getting into using signs. Think I might have misspent done points but oh well.

Is there any way to get more magic? Instead of using one spell and waiting for it to recharge?

I'll grab it soon. The game looks great. Just feeling burnt after Dragon age.

Not exactly right, the PS4 isn't running hair works either. Without hairworks I can max the game on a 290x which is a two year old card come August. With hairworks, it can still be playable after a tessellation tweak in the driver control panel, and I haven't gotten the newest drivers yet that improve performance further.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

The 290 is way below 60. Its under 40.

I'll grab it soon. The game looks great. Just feeling burnt after Dragon age.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

The 290 is way below 60. Its under 40.

I'm glad that that is what they found, I'm at 2560x1440 and while I never said 60fps it is playable with all settings except hairworks turned on. That said I do have about half the post processing effects turned off (anything that blurs to imitate AA, which are all low impact settings anyways) and the distance knocked down one notch. I'm getting 45-55 staying closer to 50 in most areas just fine with my 290x

And at 1080p MadDog was using a regular 290 (I see you're having trouble making the distinction between the 290 and 290x) and getting 40-60fps.

YMMV, but don't try and tell me that I don't know what my GPU is capable of and that I'm wrong and they're right purely because they're a website with graphs.

Edit: Dicking around with fire tricks and pissed off a level 19 guard (14 levels higher than me) I had some close calls but I won the fight...no experience gain. Lost the war when another guard picked that moment to spawn with cries of "Daaaa[d]" despite looking a good 20 years older than the one I just murdered.

Edited by Nolan

Right, I'm calling it.

Game of the year. It's easily in my top 10 games ever already.

I didn't go to bed til 4:30 last night. I must've started playing this at around 3pm...I just couldn't help myself.

I can't remember the last time I was this invested in a game. In everything.

Im slightly worried now whats going to happen to Geralt at the end of the game

My Geralt slept with Keira and managed to talk her down from stealing the notes so I sent her to Kaer Mohren instead to be safe. My Geralt has now declared his love for Triss and slept with her as well, also planning to meet up at Kaer Mohren. Should be interesting lol. Triss was always my choice for the romance option in the game anyway, I liked her in previous games and Im always a sucker for redheads lol. Plus, Yennifer has a dumb name.

You only need to use a bit of the link to embed YouTube vids, in this case it'd be:

[HDYT]C0Yh1fZp0sQ[/HDYT]

Anyway cheers for sharing that, I completely lost it at this part:

:laughing:

I know how to do it but it just didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Weird.

What difficulty has people got it on? Thinking of that trophy...

I went for Story and Sword.

I'm glad that that is what they found, I'm at 2560x1440 and while I never said 60fps it is playable with all settings except hairworks turned on. That said I do have about half the post processing effects turned off (anything that blurs to imitate AA, which are all low impact settings anyways) and the distance knocked down one notch. I'm getting 45-55 staying closer to 50 in most areas just fine with my 290x

And at 1080p MadDog was using a regular 290 (I see you're having trouble making the distinction between the 290 and 290x) and getting 40-60fps.

YMMV, but don't try and tell me that I don't know what my GPU is capable of and that I'm wrong and they're right purely because they're a website with graphs.

Indeed I missed the x. The 290x is hitting 40 with HBAO off and Hairworks off. Some of the Post processing settings are very intensive so yeah your experience is roughly in line with benchmarks. There is a tendency for people to exaggerate performance on forums though. Hence why benchmarks are useful. Also shows how overpriced Nvidia are in the UK performance wise...

R9 290s are easy to overclock though, mines got about a 12% overclock and my temps are still under what AMD considers ok. I guess that's why i have better performance than those benchmarks.

I actually don't have mine overclocked (well a measly 40Mhz factory OC).

I'm not quite patient enough to fiddle around with power levels and voltage to find what's stable.

I actually don't have mine overclocked (well a measly 40Mhz factory OC).

I'm not quite patient enough to fiddle around with power levels and voltage to find what's stable.

I use the ASUS GPU Tweak. Really easy to use, and you can save settings to switch between.

I went for Blood and Broken Bones. Seems ok so far.

I use the ASUS GPU Tweak. Really easy to use, and you can save settings to switch between.

I'll give it a try, I typically have MSI Afterburner going but that's because it tracks usage and ram pretty well.

I went for Blood and Broken Bones. Seems ok so far.

I got about ten hours in doing Blood and Broken Bones, until the quest with Keira. It just gets too demanding, especially when you're half an hour into a dungeon and your swords and armour break so you're chipping shavings off the enemies and they're taking ten minutes plus each to kill. So I pussed out and stuck it on normal.

Right, I'm calling it.

Game of the year. It's easily in my top 10 games ever already.

I didn't go to bed til 4:30 last night. I must've started playing this at around 3pm...I just couldn't help myself.

I can't remember the last time I was this invested in a game. In everything.

Legit can't wait for you to try Fallout 4 when it comes out. You're going to lose your shit.

Patch 1.04 is out on PC. On my phone so I don't have the changelog, more performance upgrades and better high and ultra textures plus some more fixes.

Legit can't wait for you to try Fallout 4 when it comes out. You're going to lose your shit.

I don't think it's possible for me to lose any more shit. Buying a PS4 was the biggest laxative I ever could have asked for.

Tomb Raider fucking slayed me.

Last of Us ran over my slayed corpse and killed me again.

Then Bloodborne, my love-hate relationship. Went from worst game evaaaar to best game evaaaar in days.

Now this. I think I must've spent 5 hours earlier just running around fields just because I could.

I'm not sure my heart can take any more. Going from Mario to this.

I don't think it's possible for me to lose any more shit. Buying a PS4 was the biggest laxative I ever could have asked for.

Tomb Raider fucking slayed me.

Last of Us ran over my slayed corpse and killed me again.

Then Bloodborne, my love-hate relationship. Went from worst game evaaaar to best game evaaaar in days.

Now this. I think I must've spent 5 hours earlier just running around fields just because I could.

I'm not sure my heart can take any more. Going from Mario to this.

On board with you on this though, one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Does the same thing Bloodborne did for action games, totally makes you revise the strategies you'd usually use in combat situations for games like this. Need to be so methodical, and think like a scavenger luring enemies into situations where you can inflict damage safely, use all your tools available and different ones for each enemy. Going into this after the last big RPG I played being Skyrim, it feels like the world doesn't just exist as a chain of quests designed to gratify my obsessive compulsion, but like an actual world. Obviously you run into the limits of the believability of that world in places, but its still better than any other game of its type so far. Big up mang, it's dope as fuck.

All yall suck

Okay I did it at level 5 instead of your 4, and with literally 1/8th of an inch health left. But I hack and slashed my way through the battle, would've had more health sober and with more dodging.

The Witcher 3 does the business in the UK, with the PS4 version taking the lions share of the sales.

Bandai Namco replace one No1 with another as ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’ replaces ‘Project Cars’ at the top of the All Formats chart.

In terms of sales it smashes the week 1 sell through of ‘Battlefield Hardline’ by 53% to become the biggest debut week for a title in 2015 so far. It matches the debut position of ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’, but ‘Witcher III’ also delivers an increase of 608% on the week 1 sales of its 2012 predecessor. Available across three formats, PS4 is the clear winner taking a 63% share.

Impressive! Didn't Microsoft also get the rights to advertise it?

Does that number take into account PC digital sales as well? I can never remember if PC sales are still just physical copies or not.