NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It'll definitely be interesting to see. I do wonder though if we'll be connecting with the world as much with a silent Link.

It makes a huuuuge difference having a character who talks. Also, voice acting just improves things so much more. Xenoblade wouldn't have had it's humourous moments without the British voices or voice acting.

I'm taking the secondary quests more seriously in this, partly because they feel more real...telling the herbalist that if you give the girl the swallow potion, she might live but also might die horrifically, it sounds much more serious when you actually hear the words rather than seeing them.

Well at least we know that even if the new Zelda sucks we'll always have this.

Damn, so I haven't finished the Keira questline >_>

Lv 11 currently. Focusing more on story quest now seeing as I have a higher level than required. Currenlty a few quest in the Novigord questline.

Felt bad killing her.
:(

I didnt kill her, I talked her out of using the notes and sent her to stay at Kaer Morhen

I didnt kill her, I talked her out of using the notes and sent her to stay at Kaer Morhen

Did the same. Felt like the best thing to do after...
...nailing her

Can't wait to play again tonight :)

I couldnt get into Dragon age Inquistion will I be able to enjoy this? It had a ton going for it but i found it boring.

Wondering if I should buy now or wait for some patching?

Seems like another interesting tech win for PS4. MKx, PCars and this in a row. The PC version of The Witcher 3 has higher settings (uber) than PS4 but a Titan X (£1000) doesnt get close to 60 fps at uber with Nvidia gameworks features off at 1080p. The 970 will require tweaking to get to 30 fps before gameworks features are enabled. Definately not worth buying the current batch of PC GPU given the obscene pricing.

Yes this is much better. I couldn't get into Dragon Age Inquisition either (although I plan to try again at some point)

I just keep hnnnnnnggggging at this game.

Made it to Velen and there was rain. Lightning. I thought I'd just ride around for a bit and there just seemed to be tons and tons of stuff. There really is a sense of this containing a real living-in world.

Really enjoying the combat. Think I'm getting the hang of how the game works now, just crafted myself a new sword. :)

The PC version of The Witcher 3 has higher settings (uber) than PS4 but a Titan X (£1000) doesnt get close to 60 fps at uber with Nvidia gameworks features off at 1080p. The 970 will require tweaking to get to 30 fps before gameworks features are enabled. Definately not worth buying the current batch of PC GPU given the obscene pricing.

Not true. I have a consistent 60fps at 1080p on a 970 with most on Ultra apart from Shadow Quality and Grass Density to High. Nvidia Hairworks off.

How do you find out your playtime? Can't find it. :confused:

Character page, press R2.

Not sure it's correct. I don't think I have been playing for 28 hours. Seems a bit too much. Users on Gamefaqs suspects the same thing.

Edited by Tales

Seems like another interesting tech win for PS4. MKx, PCars and this in a row. The PC version of The Witcher 3 has higher settings (uber) than PS4 but a Titan X (£1000) doesnt get close to 60 fps at uber with Nvidia gameworks features off at 1080p. The 970 will require tweaking to get to 30 fps before gameworks features are enabled. Definately not worth buying the current batch of PC GPU given the obscene pricing.

Not exactly right, the PS4 isn't running hair works either. Without hairworks I can max the game on a 290x which is a two year old card come August. With hairworks, it can still be playable after a tessellation tweak in the driver control panel, and I haven't gotten the newest drivers yet that improve performance further.

Got to the bit where you say about what happened in the past game. There weren't that many questions and none related to the original game.

Then asked some random guy for a game of Gwent and it crashed. I've lived in Gwent all my life and never crashed. :indeed:

Got to the bit where you say about what happened in the past game. There weren't that many questions and none related to the original game.

Then asked some random guy for a game of Gwent and it crashed. I've lived in Gwent all my life and never crashed. :indeed:

Casnewydd, brah.

I just did a contract that you get early on:

Devil in the well.

Did all of the stuff before the fight and lost it about twice before I used Yrden sign/magic trap. Seemed to be easy from then on in.

I let the man keep the money for his daughter. It looked like he had tears in his eyes in the cutscene. Would've felt like a prick had I taken the money.

Hunted some deer with the cross-bow soon after to make up for my good actions.

Casnewydd, brah.

I just did a contract that you get early on:

Devil in the well.

Did all of the stuff before the fight and lost it about twice before I used Yrden sign/magic trap. Seemed to be easy from then on in.

I let the man keep the money for his daughter. It looked like he had tears in his eyes in the cutscene. Would've felt like a prick had I taken the money.

Hunted some deer with the cross-bow soon after to make up for my good actions.

Geralt is a prick actually. Cynical and any job for the right price. Witcher-ing isn't a charity usually.

Anyone know a good place to get a saddle bag?

If you don't want to spend money (except for the bet) do the horse races (no idea where I got the quest, though. Probably on one of the notice boards). I think you'll get a +30 equipment load saddlebag.

I, however, bought the +30 one from a merchant only to discover 15 minutes later a+70 saddlebag at another merchant...it cost around 350 crowns.

Thanks. Its driving me crazy at the moment as im getting to the point where a lot of the weight is coming from ingredients and crafting items that I dont want to get rid of incase I need them later!

Thanks. Its driving me crazy at the moment as im getting to the point where a lot of the weight is coming from ingredients and crafting items that I dont want to get rid of incase I need them later!

Well, you probably won't need ingredients later. As soon as you made a potion it will always be filled up again when you meditate - that is, if you have strong alcohol with you.

Bombs refill as well after meditation but I have no idea if that uses any materials/ingredients.

And if you do need ingredients later on you can easily find them or - which is more practical - buy them. Go to an alchemy supplier and buy whatever herbs you need to craft a potion/bomb. Chances are you won't need these materials again soon.

Edited by drahkon

Geralt is a prick actually. Cynical and any job for the right price. Witcher-ing isn't a charity usually.

True, but I think even he would give in at that moment.

Struggled earlier with:

The quest where you go to the werewolf's lair and have to kill it - The Wild At Heart quest. I did everything apart from...kill the fucking beast. I keep dying and it regenerates health. Going to go back to it later when I'm stronger.

Anyone know a good place to get a saddle bag?

Use filter and turn off everything but signpost. There's a town called Oreton in the marches. 70+ increase

True, but I think even he would give in at that moment.

Struggled earlier with:

The quest where you go to the werewolf's lair and have to kill it - The Wild At Heart quest. I did everything apart from...kill the fucking beast. I keep dying and it regenerates health. Going to go back to it later when I'm stronger.

Same. It is a lv 7 quest. Got murdered lv 4. Came back at lv 11+ and slayed the freaking beast.

Use filter and turn off everything but signpost. There's a town called Oreton in the marches. 70+ increase

Same. It is a lv 7 quest. Got murdered lv 4. Came back at lv 11+ and slayed the freaking beast.

Yeah, I was the same level as you (4) and think I'll go back to it when I'm stroooong as fuck.

I've spent the last hour wandering around Novigrad and just getting lost. Absolutely huge area.