NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It's utterly addictive. The frame rate can get pretty awful in places, to the point where I find it annoying but I'm guessing that's something that can be fixed? I'm not very technical I just remember the f/rate issues in Alien: Isolation's cut scenes were completely gotten rid of after a patch.

Does anyone know how many areas there are in this game?

Do I need to have played the previous games to grasp/understand/appreciate the story?

@Hero\-of\-Time, will also probably want to know the answer to this.

I've never played any of the others and get the story.

They've made it very welcoming for newcomers, you'll be fine.

I'm playing a bit more right now and I'm simultaneously finding it welcoming and also overwhelming in a shitttt there's so much to do kind of thing.

Alchemy. Is it too early in the game for me to be thinking about that? I've come across a dying woman who needs the Swallow potion but I don't know how you find out what materials you need for that.

Do I need to have played the previous games to grasp/understand/appreciate the story?

@Hero\-of\-Time, will also probably want to know the answer to this.

The amounts of glitches, bugs and general jankiness concern me more. I've read numerous reports of these things and GiantBomb didn't paint a pretty picture of it on this weeks episode.

The amounts of glitches, bugs and general jankiness concern me more. I've read numerous reports of these things and GiantBomb didn't paint a pretty picture of it on this weeks episode.

There will no doubt be a patch to sort this stuff out.

Even then, this game is beautiful and many are considering it to be the best RPG in a long time. I've not encountered any issues yet, at least nothing that makes me concerned.

I just finished listening to that episode myself. While they are right that there are a lot of glitches, not everyone is coming across them. I've been playing for hours and only had one crash. No other problems other than that.

There will no doubt be a patch to sort this stuff out.

Even then, this game is beautiful and many are considering it to be the best RPG in a long time. I've not encountered any issues yet, at least nothing that makes me concerned.

Indeed but I'm honestly getting sick of this attitude from developers, where they will ship a buggy game and then fix it later down the line via patches. As a consumer I want the product to be in a working state on day 1, especially when I'm paying £40+ for the game.

I'm not the biggest fan of WRPGs. I much prefer the Japanese output of the genre.

2560x1440 No AA Blur or Sharpening. Other effects, SSAO instead of HBAO+, no hairworks and distance slider is at high. Lw68My8.jpg

cEr3dMv.jpg

SrgDzrA.jpg

I just finished listening to that episode myself. While they are right that there are a lot of glitches, not everyone is coming across them. I've been playing for hours and only had one crash. No other problems other than that.

While some people may not be encountering them, many are, hence the patch being needed.

CDPR really aren't like that, they're as honest and trustworthy as they come.

I've personally only had it crash twice on the PC, and none since the patch yesterday.

2560x1440 No AA Blur or Sharpening. Other effects, SSAO instead of HBAO+, no hairworks and distance slider is at high. Lw68My8.jpg

cEr3dMv.jpg

SrgDzrA.jpg

What fps you getting?

Edited by MadDog
Automerged Doublepost

While some people may not be encountering them, many are, hence the patch being needed.

Oh yeah I'm not saying that a patch isnt needed.

As for there being too many glitches and stuff to begin with. Unfortunately thats just the kind of thing to expect with open world games this vast. Nearly all of them have these troubles and with so many constantly changing variables in the world, they must be a nightmare to test. I think open world games like this are one genre where I am willing to accept that it will be an ongoing job for the devs to get everything working properly.

Indeed but I'm honestly getting sick of this attitude from developers, where they will ship a buggy game and then fix it later down the line via patches. As a consumer I want the product to be in a working state on day 1, especially when I'm paying £40+ for the game.

I'm not the biggest fan of WRPGs. I much prefer the Japanese output of the genre.

I think you're being very harsh on this game, tbh. It's not like the developers have conned us and released a half-finished game. What they've done is create a game that pushes hardware (both console and PC) to the absolute limits. When you create a world such as this with the way it looks and what it sets out to do, there will inevitably be something that doesn't work quite as it should.

Judging from what I've played of it so far, this is the new benchmark for open world/RPG games.

I won't go on about it any further. You guys are enjoying, which is all that matters.

Maybe this will change your mind?

PoliteDistortedFieldmouse.gif

What fps you getting?

45-55 area. Depends on the scenery.

I won't go on about it any further. You guys are enjoying, which is all that matters.

I agree with you games should be bug free for the money we pay, alternatively with the scope of the game things slip through. Hell I've read stories before where after encountering a bug the dev has trouble reproducing it to fix it.

That said it feels like this is on par with an Elder Scroll title for bugs, even after multiple patches, from what I read. Personally I've had two crashes and both about an hour of playing and only when changing the clocks on my GPU. Oh and one time I got stuck in between some objects and a tree with a beehive....I got stung to death.

I'm playing a bit more right now and I'm simultaneously finding it welcoming and also overwhelming in a shitttt there's so much to do kind of thing.

Alchemy. Is it too early in the game for me to be thinking about that? I've come across a dying woman who needs the Swallow potion but I don't know how you find out what materials you need for that.

Dwarwen spirit can be bought in shops. The plant is easy to find. Just pick up everything. For the drowner brain, go along the river until you find a place of importance. There are usually drowners there, guarding some treasure. Put the potion in the slot, it is a healing potion and will be useful.

I fucking love Ciri, she's such a badass, the way she took down that basilisk. It's awesome playing as her, her dodge/roll is amazing.

And she's hot. :p

Its always nice to find that the right game can still keep me hooked for hours at a time. Feels like its been quite a while since one kept me going like this.

Looooook what happened in my game lol

I cant seem to embed it.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just got to Veren - have until 5PM until my social plans kick in - hours of Witcher 3 me thinks!

I cant seem to embed it.

You only need to use a bit of the link to embed YouTube vids, in this case it'd be:

[HDYT]C0Yh1fZp0sQ[/HDYT]

Anyway cheers for sharing that, I completely lost it at this part:

:laughing:

I cant seem to embed it.

I cracked up at this.

I don't know how long I spent playing this yesterday, but it was a lot. I'm going to be on this all day and I'll only turn it off to watch Eurovision. :heh:

I was playing this yesterday thinking, "Fuck, I wonder if Zelda will ever be this good" as in the size of the world, the quantity of things to do and graphically.

I was playing this yesterday thinking, "Fuck, I wonder if Zelda will ever be this good" as in the size of the world, the quantity of things to do and graphically.

It'll definitely be interesting to see. I do wonder though if we'll be connecting with the world as much with a silent Link.