NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Oh wow, Okay. So i guess they are still achievable then even if under the recommended level though?

No idea, to be honest. I don't do them :D

On Death March difficulty I sometimes die to level 3 wolves...

I have only done a quest where the recommended level was 1 above my current level, no idea what it will be like if i do it a few levels below the recommended level.

I'll probably sit this out running it full-time until i finish up Sleeping Dogs, probably won't go on until the weekend (woo, bank holiday). But with that whole map staring at me ready to be explored, this is one game that won't be finished in a hurry.

I have really underestimated blocking/parrying. It's so useful.

The environment and foliage and such just doesn't look that great to me. I mentioned to one of my colleagues that the environments remind me of looking at a water painting. All the colours of the trees, ground, bushes, sky etc all seem to kind of merge and blur into a water painting kind of look.

I'm wondering if that's a Console thing. Heavier blur for things in the distance to lower processing requirements. Blurring hides details, I've turned most post processing off and everything is pretty crisp I think.

First thing I was doing was ignoring Vesemir and killing Level 3 and 4 drowners at Level 1. Also dying but totally possible to mess around with higher level critters.

Just finished playing for a couple of hours, and the combat has really clicked.

Because i'm using a mac keyboard on my pc i couldn't really use alt as it was positioned awkwardly, so i reassigned dodge to left ctrl and it's fucking incredible. I thought i could just roll my way through it, but this has made everything better.

dis game tho...

witcher3_2015_05_19_19_26_38_43.png

witcher3_2015_05_20_22_46_19_56.png

Also, Patch should be out in 5-7 days apparently.

Edited by MadDog

That was a great read.

Yes, the downgrade is there and it's undeniable but nonetheless: They created an awesome game and an incredible world.

Optimization on consoles is not perfect, but it's still impressive when you consider the scope of The Witcher 3. And knowing that there will be plenty of patches/fixes you can expect the game to get better and better.

A bit more honesty from the start would've be nice, but that's not how you do business, I guess.

CD Projekt are great developers. In my opinion currently the best in video gaming.

Couldn't play last night because of girlfriend-obligations :laughing: Now she's at work and after my morning run I'll get back to exploring : peace:

Edited by drahkon

There's a lot of games on the pc that look nowhere near as good and run much worse. They've done a superb job optimising it on the pc

Have any of you read the books then? I was thinking about giving the first one a try.

Have any of you read the books then? I was thinking about giving the first one a try.

Not yet, also thinking about buying the first.

They're supposed to be good. But apparently they have nothing to do with the first 2 Witcher games. I always thought they did :woops:

Just seen this on reddit:

:laughing:

Edited by drahkon

I've started reading The Last Wish. I'm only about 30 pages in but it's good so far.

I have noticed the graphical difference (grass looking like a pastel drawing). But it doesn't bother me, the game is fantastic. And it's nice playing a game that doesn't require patches just to make it work.

Version 1.03 out on PC - consoles to follow very soon

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
  • Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Improves menu handling
  • Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occurred when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
  • Rostan Muggs is back
  • Minor SFX improvements

Couple of things not of interest for consoleros.

Hope "improves menu handling" means that it's going to be much smoother and faster.

@MadDog that patch mentioned in the Eurogamer article was the day one patch. They misunderstood.

[tweet]601345976335491072[/tweet]

Edited by drahkon

I read the short story that came with The Witcher EE, don't much remember it but enjoyed it.

Im wanting to hear more opinions on this. Thought there would be loads of people playing it.

Did you get this, @Fierce_LiNk ?

Im wanting to hear more opinions on this. Thought there would b

S1OsWbQ.jpg

Just buy the fucking game :laughing:

Finished a main quest. Sent me through a cave/temple/whatever. It was amazing.

Im wanting to hear more opinions on this. Thought there would be loads of people playing it.

Did you get this, @Fierce_LiNk ?

I've got it. It's currently on my table and hasn't been put into the PS4 just yet for two reasons:

1. I've had school reports to write, although I should finally be done with them tonight.

2. I've also come down with a fucking chest infection. I shouldn't have gone into work Tuesday, Wednesday or Today but I did it because I'm a bluddy idiot. Haven't even lifted all week, so that gives you some indication of how bad it's been.

It's breaking mah fahking haaart seeing it on the table. I think tonight I'm just going to put it in and say I deserve it after that week I've had.

I think tonight I'm just going to put it in and say I deserve it after that week I've had.

Oh, I can imagine you saying that to @Eenuh. "I'm going to put it in...I deser"...Waaaaaiiiiiit. You're talking about The Witcher...

Oh, I can imagine you saying that to @Eenuh. "I'm going to put it in...I deser"...Waaaaaiiiiiit. You're talking about The Witcher...

Scarlett Johansson could run past my window naked whilst playing the accordion using her super thighs and I wouldn't give a shit right now.

The Witcher is the only reason I exist at the moment.

Edit: Oh and Eenuh.

Scarlett Johansson could run past my window naked whilst playing the accordion using her super thighs and I wouldn't give a shit right now.

I would buy a plane ticket...no. I would buy a plane and fly to your house, give you a quick wave while you're watching me through your window when I take Miss Dat-Ass away and give a her a good taste of my enormous...ly tasty pasta I made today.

After that I'd sit down with you and watch you play The Witcher 3.

Probably not, because I'd take my Vita with me and play the game myself via remote play.

@Blade There you have it: it's the only reason why Flink exists at the moment, so go out and get yourself an Eenuh, I mean The Witcher

Edited by drahkon

Riiiight, I started this up yesterday evening/night and gave this a go for the first time.

Fuaaaark, it feels huge. Everything also looks beautiful, the vegetation, the sun/sky, the creatures/horses, everything. I got overwhelmed after the first objective and got seriously lost. I was just horsing about from field to field and couldn't tell where the fuck I was. I quickly found out where the objective markers are and am back on track.

Loving it, although I was very tired yesterday after work and couldn't really take it all in. Excited to play more later.

Edit: Oh and Eenuh.

Nice recovery dude ;)

So... @drahkon How do you use the boats? Perhaps I'm not high enough level. But basically I've traveled to areas where I could see boats on the map gone to the boats, and just stand in them with no option to use them.

I'm just wanting to explore the areas before progressing with the quests and such. But lack of boats make this hard.

So... @drahkon How do you use the boats? Perhaps I'm not high enough level. But basically I've traveled to areas where I could see boats on the map gone to the boats, and just stand in them with no option to use them.

bPgW4MH.jpg

Take the helm :p

dKuSgmf.jpg

IyLRLJP.jpg

EGAotmU.jpg

jY9vyTU.jpg

xWepE17.jpg

QhAA40v.jpg

I get to Velen and look at the map for it and my jaw drops at how fucking big it is.

Take the helm :p

*Siiigghhh*.... I sometimes wonder why I play computer games.

Cheers man!

22 1/2 hours in.

Reached level 10 after finishing a couple of quests. I got so absorbed in the stories of sidequests that I forgot about undiscovered locations...there are at least 50 on my map. Time to explore :laughing: