NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I was 1/2 expecting it to arrive today, but alas didn't Oh well, should be here Monday seeing as it was dispatched on Thursday. Seeing several people on PSN have it already, grrrrr.

My mate got it yesterday and has been playing it nonstop since...I hate him :laughing:

But I have two weeks off and he hasn't, so HA! :D Also: No vacation, which is kinda sad, but actually...it's not.

10am on Monday I will enter Gamestop, get the game, pick up some groceries/snacks/drinks on the way home and when I arrive in my flat I will tell my roommates to not call the police even if I don't exit the room for 7 days straight. :laughing:

Did I mention that I cannot fucking wait to play The Witcher 3? :blank:

Will be picking it up at Tuesday at Gamestop at 10am. I'm just as excited to play the game as I am to see how many que at the mall entrance :p (last time I qued for something was for the Wii) Got good three hours or so to play the game before I have to go to work.

Mine won't be here until Tuesday - and I have uni Tuesday and Wednesday...but then I'm off until the Monday!

My Tesco Direct order has labelled Thw Witcher 3 as Ready to Dispatch so this should mean it will be on its way tomorrow and will arrive about midday on Tuesday, perhaps earlier if I'm lucky though. :)

I reckon there's a good chance you'll get your copy first @Shorty as you're probably closer to the main warehouse where the stock will be coming from. : peace:

For anyone who hasn't the slightest idea of The Witcher's lore:

Kotaku has a handy guide.

Not long now. :yay:

I have it. :yay:

K, thx, bye. :D

Edit: Just opened it. My God, it's the standard edition and it comes with a map (beautiful), the OST, a thank you note from the developer (which also mentions the 16 free DLCs, a The Witcher Universe Compendium, stickers, and codes for The Witcher Battle Arena and one Digital Comic.

Did not expect that.

Edit²: Thank you note and map (both from vg247.com

witcher_dev_message.jpg

witcher_paper_map-1152x764.jpg

Edited by drahkon

Mines not due until tomorrow morning, which sucks but hey ho can't be helped. Seeing as it was apparently dispatched on Thursday morning, did contact to enquire and they said it never left the depot until Sunday evening.

Going to be a long day, but at least GAME upped the delivery slot for me so i get it by 11am.

VJIOCwq.jpg

N94iig2.jpg

s9FNQh3.jpg

uaCYvJd.jpg

xXOYH6O.jpg

1 hour in, it's already amazing.

Edit: These sidequests...the characters' stories really suck you in. Done a contract for a guy and refused to accept the payment because of something concerning his daughter. Normally I'd have given no flying fucks but this time...I couldn't take the money.

Edit²: Done more stuff. Finished off the first "bigger" monster. This game's incredibly fun.

Started on the highest difficulty, and it's definitely not easy. Died during the first real battle :laughing: Now I'm more confident and much better when it comes to fighting. Using signs is key.

Not sure how I feel about blocking/parrying. Both seemed to be quite useless so far.

Third Edit: 7 1/2 hours played. I think I have discovered almost all of the "question mark-locations" in White Orchard. Still have three question marks on my map. One is guarded by level 10 monsters so that's beyond my capabilities :D Haven't gotten to the other two.

Edited by drahkon

Got the game :D I know the grocery store(it's a big one) likes to put up new releases the day before, just before they go home for the night. That way it's ready for release and they don't have to put them up in the morning. Doesn't always happen, but it did today. Now I'm just waiting for the update to be done.

Nice stuff you get with the game. That's quite a lot of content for a regular edition.

What the hell. Neither controller is charged >_>

Edited by Tales

This just happened :laughing:

Nice aim. :D

By the way, I love the combat. You have to watch everyone involved in the fight because unlike games á la Assassins Creed enemies don't wait until you kill one. They gang up on you. It makes combat quite tactical at times.

Reached the second big area and got my ass handed to me in a bandit camp. Enemies are level 9, I'm level 4. That, however, wasn't the reason I died. I was simply too aggressive, too reckless.

Edited by drahkon

I'm enjoying it so far. I've done a couple of side quests and killed the first big monster (which seemed easier in the end than a couple of Drowners!). I'll see how much time I've got tomorrow night to carry on playing but I expect I probably won't really be able to get into it until the weekend.

Managed to find some "relic" trousers. They're quite nice.

Found them at a 'guarded treasure', its guardian: a level 15 monster...I ran to the chest, grabbed the loot and got the hell out of there :laughing:

Think I'll stick with the main quest for a while, as the first "proper" sidequest I got in the new area has a recommended level of 7 and I'm still only level 4.

Most of the enemies I'm fighting at undisclosed locations are level 7 or higher, so I figure it's best to get some exp from the story.

Played it for a couple hours. Finished one significant quest(cart going off the road into the swamp) and currently doing another one. Enjoying the game, but I'm struggling with the combat. It's new to me. In games like this I usually struggle anyway though. There's a reason why I went silent archer in Skyrim :p Going to bed now, and willl try again tomorrow. Have anyone of you who got the game met that white lady ghost in abondoded village with the well? Got any tips?

Played it for a couple hours. Finished one significant quest(cart going off the road into the swamp)

Here I thought I did everything in White Orchard...how foolish of me. :D Guess, I'll travel back and explore some more.

Have anyone of you who got the game met that white lady ghost in abondoded village with the well? Got any tips?

Hit-and-run. Even on the hardest difficulty that proved to be a good tactic. Can't remember if I used the mind-control-sign (whatever it's called), but if it works it'll make things easier.

Playing it through GoG galaxy after pre-loading, technically still the 18th here and GoG says releases in less than an hour (Only 9pm)

I ended up uninstalling it through GOG Galaxy and just used the GOG downloader.

This game is stunning. Playing on Ultra settings and get 40-60fps solidly.

I just got to the witch and i spent about 10 mins hitting her and doing like 10 damage, totally not realising i was using the wrong sword...:indeed:

I'll slay her tomorrow.

I ended up uninstalling it through GOG Galaxy and just used the GOG downloader.

This game is stunning. Playing on Ultra settings and get 40-60fps solidly.

Why's that? I personally haven't any issues using Galaxy.

What's your GPU out of curiosity and resolution? I pumped everything up to max and couldn't break 30 fps with my 290x the bath scene hovered around 15-24. I'm at 2560x1440 though.

I just dialed back grass, shadows, and distance and turned off AA, Smoothing and Blur. AA wasn't really needed, game really is stunningly good looking though.

Why's that? I personally haven't any issues using Galaxy.

What's your GPU out of curiosity and resolution? I pumped everything up to max and couldn't break 30 fps with my 290x the bath scene hovered around 15-24. I'm at 2560x1440 though.

I just dialed back grass, shadows, and distance and turned off AA, Smoothing and Blur. AA wasn't really needed, game really is stunningly good looking though.

I have the R9 290 overclocked. Oh and 1080p.

Galaxy looks nice, just wanted to squeeze every last fps out my pc. :p

Ahhh yeah 1080p, that'd be the extra performance. Around 75% more pixels.

I doubt GoG is really stealing any performance from you though. It would only be a few CPU Cycles and a tiny bit of RAM. I noticed the game is only using 4 cores, and my utilization was 40-60% range. On a different note, Ultra Textures was around 2GB of VRAM which is different from how some games have been lately.

Pro-tip for PS4 players:

Swiping the touch pad up or down opens the map. Holding down the touch pad opens the inventory.

Makes accessing both screens much easier. : peace:

Found a large bandit camp. There is an area behind a wooden gate and there are two locked doors...I cannot find the key, though :( I figured it should be somewhere in the camp, maybe a bandit has it, but no...

Bought a saddlebag which increases my maximum equip-load by 70. Holy shit, that's useful. However, that cost me more than half of my gold :laughing:

Also: Gwent is fucking amazing. I need more cards, though as I'm getting beaten left and right...

Edited by drahkon

This game is buggy. Frame rate is a bit all over the place and just had it crash on me.

Edit: Bar that minor hiccup, it's really good.

Edited by Daft

This game is buggy. Frame rate is a bit all over the place and just had it crash on me.

Yeah, frame rate can a bit...moody :D Have encountered only one bug. I'll post a video later :p

Other than that I've had no problems whatsoever.

And as you've said: The game is still good.

Visually it's stunning. Of course, on PS4 not as good as on PC but it still looks gorgeous.

But more importantly: Gameplay, setting and pace are astonishingly great and well balanced.

I can't stop...seriously. I took a break to eat and went straight back after I gobbled down the pasta :laughing:

Well, my copy arrived. Via a huge box, some snaps included.

20150519_115143_zpsvlgddrhv.jpg

20150519_115336_zpssze5xphq.jpg

This was a nice little surprise in the box

20150519_115441_zpstgdbseon.jpg

20150519_115552_zpsf0c9wtfp.jpg

20150519_115607_zpscovxgghb.jpg

20150519_115726_zpshubw75e7.jpg

20150519_115918_zpsypnlvudm.jpg

And, i love the detail on the figurine.

20150519_120031_zps46qlkve6.jpg