NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The game was sold early in the United Arab Emirates...lucky bastards. :blank:

I need this now.

Yep very jealous! Even if other stores/countries did break street dates no chance of me getting early as I went digital!

Preload is now live on GOG Galaxy. Only 26gb, smaller than expected.

Reviews coming in.

The game is turning out to be fantastic. : peace:

Love the Kotaku review.

STDs don’t appear to be much of a thing in this world, which basically makes Geralt a big walking dick, all pleasure and zero risk.

:laughing:

Ign Review

The one caveat on all that though, is the technical performance on the PS4 version I played for review. 30 frames per second was sometimes too much to ask, transitions between The Witcher 3’s two main maps are just a bit too long, and minor glitches do pop up from time to time. None of it ever impacted gameplay in any meaningful way, thought it did compromise the beauty of the experience ever so slightly.

Doesn't sound too bad. Maybe the day-one patch will improve on that.

Eurogamer's early impressions

The Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of world-building

What it comes down to, I think, is that, like Red Dead, Wild Hunt offers an open world with a real sense of place. This is a game packed full of life and character that manages to remain focused and cohesive, despite its imposing scale.

One more week...it's becoming unbearable...

Edited by drahkon

I preordered this with the season pass on the Playstation Store. Couldn't really resist. CD Projekt's handeling of DLC sold me.

9.8 from Gametrailers (not that I'll be watching or reading any of these reviews)

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/j9qz9m/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-review

After spending a week with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, playing day and night, we’re left questioning just how this game is even possible. It’s not without a few rough spots, but it consistently impresses with complex branching stories, challenging combat and wondrous creature designs, all in a stunning and enormous world that feels as if every corner has had a close, personal touch.
Unfortunately, in our time with the pre-release PS4 version, the game’s performance is somewhat rough around the edges. We ran into a few bugs, elements awkwardly loading in and choppy framerates in particularly demanding areas like the bogs. The developers are working on fixes to go into place before release and beyond, so the experience will improve, but even in its current state, the annoyances caused by these rough spots feel minimal compared to the sense of wonder that permeates throughout.

After spending more than 100 hours in The Witcher 3, we’re still left with dozens of side quests to complete, enormous tracts of land left to explore, and monsters yet to fight. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a thoughtful, diverse, and frequently awe-inspiring adventure. Its stories are deep and satisfying, unafraid to touch on themes of personal character, presenting players with choices and consequences that aren’t about turning into a hero or a villain. In the end, it’s quite simply one of the best RPGs ever made.

Edited by Retro_Link

Reviews coming in.

The game is turning out to be fantastic. : peace:

Love the Kotaku review.

:laughing:

If STDs do exist in the Witcher world, he will already have collected them all from the first 2 games. Maybe that's what the cards were for in the original. :heh:

This is definitely the game I'm getting a PS4 for whenever that time comes. It's got me majorly excited, it feels like the second coming of Ocarina of Time or something incredibly special.

TV adverts are appearing, can't May 19th come any quicker?

TV adverts are appearing, can't May 19th come any quicker?

I know..I've been basically killing time playing Marvel Heroes and watching TV instead as not a lot else to play really that I know will be done by time this comes round.

I know..I've been basically killing time playing Marvel Heroes and watching TV instead as not a lot else to play really that I know will be done by time this comes round.

Are you actually enjoying Marvel Heroes this time around?

So glad I've only got a few weeks of uni left... although I should probably consider writing those essays before this comes out...

Pre-ordered and should be delivered on the day!

One more week to go...this time next week, we should be playing it.

Fuaaaark. Trying not to get hyped.

I'm clearing out a few games in the backlog whilst i wait, done 3 this month. Playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment, when not playing that i'm watching Netflix

I'm clearing out a few games in the backlog whilst i wait, done 3 this month. Playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment, when not playing that i'm watching Netflix

Yeah I've done pretty well on finished games which is why I've been reluctant to start anything new, this month I've finished;

Galaga Legions (finished all the main levels)

The Witcher

Sniper Elite 3

Injustice Gods Among Us (story mode)

Tekken (beat arcade with each character)

Are you actually enjoying Marvel Heroes this time around?

Yeah I never really had any problems with it last time just I had a few waypoints not work and got pissed off and bored...it's the perfect podcast game.I ended up with a extra eternity thingys so I got Rocket Raccoon as a second character (figured cos of his small size he would be different to play) my main is still Captain America I nearly at Level 20.

Gamespot have given this a perfect score, only their 9th ever.

Dayyyuuuummmmmm. Wish I'd booked a day off now :p

Only got 2 days of work between me and this, gotta love the "use the leave or lose it" motive.

Edit: And the processing email has arrived, it's getting real. It's getting damn real now. I've got to keep an eye on it, as GAME charged me for the expansion pass already (go figure). I have to watch to see if they charge twice for it, if they do i'll be straight online.

Edit 2: And it's shipped, wonder if i'll get it early (probably not). Quite surprising really, they'll probably instruct the Royal Fail (or whomever is delivering it) to not deliver until Monday/Tuesday. This is getting real now, c'maaan.

Edited by Jimbob

Edit 2: And it's shipped, wonder if i'll get it early (probably not). Quite surprising really, they'll probably instruct the Royal Fail (or whomever is delivering it) to not deliver until Monday/Tuesday. This is getting real now, c'maaan.

Wow that's quite an early dispatch for delivery next Tues. You might well get that one early. I ordered from Tesco because cheap, I'm sure I'll at least get it Tues but not hoping for anything better than that. Status reads "Partially Ready to Dispatch" :p

Wow that's quite an early dispatch for delivery next Tues. You might well get that one early. I ordered from Tesco because cheap, I'm sure I'll at least get it Tues but not hoping for anything better than that. Status reads "Partially Ready to Dispatch" :p

It is a bit early, so never know. Hopefully they are not mean and simply marked it as "Shipped" and won't actually send it until Saturday night, didn't get any emails or messages saying processing early, may say shipped

Anywho, just seen the size of the box of the top dollar edition. You're going to need a bigger shelf/cabinet/etc

IMG_20150514_205744_zpsvtvsp4ir.jpg

A few more days left :yay:

Will definitely get this Tuesday. Not earlier :(

But man, I will not sleep. This will be Destiny all over again: No sleep for 36 hours :laughing:

A few more days left :yay:

Will definitely get this Tuesday. Not earlier :(

But man, I will not sleep. This will be Destiny all over again: No sleep for 36 hours :laughing:

Only got 1 day of work between me and this. Excitement level is pretty high

Gamestop called this morning. The game's ready to be picked up.

Shame I'm at my mom's this weekend, though...

Aynway, I'll pick it up as soon as the store opens on Monday.

I was 1/2 expecting it to arrive today, but alas didn't Oh well, should be here Monday seeing as it was dispatched on Thursday. Seeing several people on PSN have it already, grrrrr.