NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Great news for my wallet! The start of the year is already stacked.

Same here, my wallet breathes a sigh of relief

Yeah cos it wouldn't be possible to just not buy the game immediately on release :blank:

Personally I'm gutted, don't give a shit about anything else coming out in the first couple of months of next year, except maybe Grim Fandango.

Yeah cos it wouldn't be possible to just not buy the game immediately on release :blank:

I know these words but they just don't make sense to me. :D

Personally I'm gutted, don't give a shit about anything else coming out in the first couple of months of next year, except maybe Grim Fandango.

Better to spread the games out, have a window of hype and advertising for each and make it appear that the release schedule is more fleshed out across the first half than concentrated in one month. There's also only so much some people can afford to spend in a month and people are less likely to buy games as time goes on past release.

Also you should totally check out Bloodborne as it looks great.

This was £40 on the playsation store over the weekend, not sure why. but it's not a price to be sniffed at.

What are these strange words?

Also you should totally check out Bloodborne as it looks great.

Bloodborne was pushed back to March so it's not really in the first couple of months of 2015 :p

but I did actually forget about it and I do want it

So what kind of game is this? I loved Skyrim, finished it twice, 200 hours and a platinum. I bought Dragon Age 1 and 2 thinking it would be more of the same awesomeness but I never got into the game. Think I played the first one for no more than five hours. Something about the combat, levelling and equipment and world map didn't appeal to me. Is Witcher more similar to Skyrim than Dragon Age? I also loved Kingdoms of Amulur.

So what kind of game is this? I loved Skyrim, finished it twice, 200 hours and a platinum. I bought Dragon Age 1 and 2 thinking it would be more of the same awesomeness but I never got into the game. Think I played the first one for no more than five hours. Something about the combat, levelling and equipment and world map didn't appeal to me. Is Witcher more similar to Skyrim than Dragon Age? I also loved Kingdoms of Amulur.

I'd say Witcher sways towards Skyrim in terms of adventuring

The structure is more like DA, but I don't want to say it leans that way since you didn't like it, and I didn't like the first two DA games much either but adored the Witcher 2. It's really its own entity and doesn't particularly categorise beneath either of those games. You have a very unique approach to fighting which usually involves strategy and preparation, otherwise leads to death. Fighting isn't dissimilar to Souls games in that you will be punished heavily for mistakes or poorly selected fights and rewarded for playing well.

I think TW2 is free on Xbox 360 Gold at the moment (til the end of the mont) so now might be the time to find out if it's your kind of thing.

Don't have a 360(anymore) I guess will watch a few videoes close to launch and see if it appeals to me.

excited-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-629.gif

yes_data.gif

fainting.gif

d91.gif

Game looks absolutely unreal. I literally just did a little inner sigh of happiness when I realised that it's just over a month away.

Who else is getting this?

Hnnnnnnggggggggg

The question should be

Who isn't getting this?

May 19th, that date is needing to come soon. They say it will be at least 200 hours to do everything, which sounds unreal.

The game looks incredible in that trailer. Seriously can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Also liking the sound of their expansion pass, which has for some reason annoyed a lot of people as CD Projekt Red said they hated meaningless DLC and but are more open to bigger expansions, with the kind of content you'd get as an expansion disc back in the day. And from what they've said they're putting together, that's what they're giving with another region in one of them, for another 20 hours, and a further 10 hour expansion next year. And they're attitude to it as well is a breath of fresh air in the industry, going so far as to say wait to see if you think it's worthwhile before putting your money down (though at £25 for what'll be 30 extra hours, think that's pretty damned good).

If this runs at anything higher than 25 fps while looking this good on PS4 I'll be majorly impressed.

I'm very skeptical about the game's performance.

Still getting it though :D

If this runs at anything higher than 25 fps while looking this good on PS4 I'll be majorly impressed.

I'm very skeptical about the game's performance.

Still getting it though :D

You've jinxed it now. The game will look like a stop motion.

What i did notice in the trailer, is that the world will change as things happen. By clearing away a beast, a community could spring up. CD Projekt Red have gone all out on this, and i cannot wait.

And seeing how they have delayed this, i'm expecting a steady framerate with little to no bumps. Maybe 60fps, who knows.

Where are people going to pre-order from?

I've noticed that it's £46.99 on PSN. Tempted to go for that unless I can get it for much cheaper. Anybody going digital for this?

I've noticed that it's £46.99 on PSN. Tempted to go for that unless I can get it for much cheaper. Anybody going digital for this?

Maybe, depending on whether German Gamestop will have a 9.99€ deal - trade in two games from a list and pay 9.99€ for the game.

£43.95 here and you get a physical version. Also 2% cashback on Quidco.

You may as well wait a bit to see if better deals pop up (or to see if discount codes pop up for that website).

I went for the insane edition, the one that costs a lot more. Why, because why not.

Preordered on Xbox One as it's $16 off RRP at the moment. I would have preferred a physical copy but as I'm not one to trade in games it makes no odds and with a saving like that I can't complain.