NEurope
Cube

Tom Clancy's The Division

I thought all the Destiny Players would have bought this, nice to see a few have got this, no chance of dragging @drftking@Daft@Eddage etc away from the Destiny Servers? @Blade you getting this?

I think the reason for me is that the gameplay difference (and setting) in this was night and day with Destiny. I can really appreciate the mechanics and how completely polished Destiny feels, to the point you take it for granted. I genuinely feel in some ways that Destiny has slightly ruined other shooters for me in that it feels so good. There are also great modes that specifically focus on PvP like Trials of Osiris in Destiny, unlike what I've seen so far in this game where PvP is a thing that happens in the background while people try to achieve other objectives.

I had a bit of fun on the beta but the setting and gameplay felt a bit generic. I'm not mad keen on cover shooters tbh.

I've completed the main story and reached lvl 30 and I really enjoyed it, can see myself playing this for a while if I can get people to play with

I did have one massive technical glitch on a mission, some of the textures didn't load properly and I fell through the world. Had to close my game down and relaunch it to resolve it.

I've not encountered many Glitches, the ones i have encountered tended to be clipping issues with enemies and NPC's

- had a civilian in need appear then turn round to walk away, as i ran to follow they teleported to the original position

- had a similar occurrence with a Rikers runner in the dark zone in the car park extraction zone, he was down on a floor below then suddenly at the top of a ladder killing me.....

- had quite a few instance where you go into a vendor menu and the background goes gray rather than the usual letting you see it with the HUD overlaid

Still find the same issue i have with Destiny that the single player is a little boring on your own, but the Dark zone is really challenging on your own so its not as if there isn't something to do

Got to lvl 16 yesterday and Dark Zone lvl 13 and got quite a few Dark zone loot items that were good - got a nice L86 (SA80 LMG) was a nice gun and very stable at times just a shame it was technically an LMG as it had lower dmg values on average so became out classed once i started getting better loot - got a nice lvl 15 ACR with 999dmg per round doing the Hospital solo on Hard at lvl 15 which i replaced it with

Just done a "can I run it", my PC can't handle it apparently :blank: man I spent hundreds on this graphics card a few years ago....

Finally decided to go in on this after sifting through reviews. I hear the complaints about it's repetitive nature & story but looking forward to the loot game & atmosphere. Interested to see how/what Ubisoft has put together as much as anything.

Just done a "can I run it", my PC can't handle it apparently :blank: man I spent hundreds on this graphics card a few years ago....

What do you have because I know the GTX 680 can run the game acceptably at 1080p

Getting into this more now I'm playing with @Goafer. Its definitely not without its faults but I'm enjoying it. The story feels a bit lackluster and most of the time I dont know why I'm doing something but at this point I'm just happy to be getting new loot lol.

Dat bait though :D

As much bait as "The Wii U has nothing but 2D platformers' was

Yeah seriously @Ronnie, if you wanted the position of 'Forum Antagonist' so badly, I'm sure Wii would have just given it to you.

for gods sake why come in this thread and blatantly troll? this is exactly the sort of shit that caused Rummy to have to create that thread and generated a new mod policy of cracking down on rules (more)

seriously grow up

Ok, if you identify a post as bait, please do your best to ignore it. Lets get the thread back on track.

You're clearly all wrong for liking this since one site gave it an above average review score. I'm so embarrassed for you all.

He took the bait guys! Let's see what happens...

What Levels are everyone then? I'm just short of Level 24 now, both my mates have somehow managed to get to lvl 30

What Levels are everyone then? I'm just short of Level 24 now, both my mates have somehow managed to get to lvl 30

Just hit 11 last night. Not done a massive amount yet. A lot of my time is spent trying to decide which trendy jacket to wear :p

8 still because shortly after starting it my PS4 decided I was only allowed to have 56k speeds over wireless and I've yet to maneuver my router to a closer area.

Oddly updates download fine seemingly and it would connect to the game servers.

I switched to Bloodborne instead (and managed to post online in that as well.)

I'm also going to be going to overtime and night shift shortly so I'm not seeing gaining too much more, which really sucks since the group I want to play with will be hella over leveled compared to me.

I'm level 12. Haven't even been in the DZ yet!

Haven't had the greatest amount of time to put into this so far and I'm only lvl 9 currently but I've enjoyed what I've had a chance to play so far, though it isn't grabbing me as much as Destiny did initially.

I didn't play that much of the beta as I was already set to pick it up so wasn't too fussed to try out many of the missions in that, more the mechanics so most of the first set of missions were more or less fresh for me. That being said, none of them have been particularly engrossing so far. I'm not feeling that click with the story or anything that's going on. From my experience, it seems as though very little is explained with regards to some of the enemy factions roaming about (the Cleaners in particular) and I feel that should have been fleshed out a little more earlier on rather than dropping the name and leaving it at that to begin with. Maybe it's something which will develop as I play more but so far, as I say, it's not gripping me as I thought it would story wise.

Mechanically, it's pretty solid. The shooting is sound, although doesn't have the same impact as other 3rd person cover shooters I've played. The cover system and movement around is a bit on the clunky side though. That definitely could do with some fine tuning. I don't know whether they've tried to be realistic or just missed the mark but it feels a bit stop/start when trying to get around the city and climb places outside of encounters. Maybe it's something that'll eventually gel after a bit more play (I've only put in 7 hours or so).

Intrigued to see more of the game and delve into the Dark Zone at some point as well as mess about the different setups, although currently rocking the deployable turret which is great for throwing into the mix and suppressing while I take pot shots with my scoped military SCAR from range :grin:. Just hoping that the general mission structure improves a bit as it's all feeling very samey, and that includes the side missions. Didn't pick up the season pass as I wanted to see how the game developed mission/narrative wise so hopefully further play will give me a good idea of whether to pick that up or not.

So are the rest of you getting the glitches while you are playing?

@Goafer and I have noticed tops of bodies facing the wrong way, characters lying down on the floor with their legs straight up and other players stuck in animations while running (like clapping) or not running at all but floating instead.