NEurope
Cube

Tom Clancy's The Division

Yeah the assholes were doing that in the Beta the first time I played actually. I walked up to them and announced to Party Chat that the pool was closed. The other method would be to just try and reload the instance :/

4. Fucking. Hours.

My wait time on downloading 2.7 GB. That's ridiculous, how are ubisofts servers not up to the task after having 2 Betas. If I got on Steam to download something it'd have to be 10 times that size to take 4 hours.

Edited by Nolan

Theres a bug at the very beginning of the game where you have to use a laptop but it doesnt seem to want to let you use it while other people are and as its basically the first thing you do, theres just a constant stream of people all trying to use it at the same time. I've been messing around for an hour now trying to get past this fucking bit!

EDIT: Finally managed to do the mission by creating a new character. Wasted my morning doing all that though so now I need to get ready for work!

Edited by Happenstance

Theres a bug at the very beginning of the game where you have to use a laptop but it doesnt seem to want to let you use it while other people are and as its basically the first thing you do, theres just a constant stream of people all trying to use it at the same time. I've been messing around for an hour now trying to get past this fucking bit!

I had an issue there as well. Just holding the button down long enough you'll use it even through others are in the way. It is bugged though I tried for a couple minutes and then logged out and back in and it worked first try.

So...I don't know. Once past that the intro area is pretty quickly done and then it's off to what we saw in the Beta.

I would have started this yesterday if Amazon weren't a set of bastards!

I had the day off and at 11am i get an email - your parcel has been delivered! awesome or not, it hadn't

i gave it an hour or two and thought i'd best actually call Amazon in case they'd delivered it to the wrong place - it seems some times delivery drivers acidently scan the wrong package - or more likely to meet quota's or have extra breaks they do

It eventually arrived at 8:50pm just in time to start a freaking 4 hour patch download

might actually get on this later then - nice to know to watch out for trolls in the entrance

Welcome to the world of modern gaming...

So these idiots have bought the game at launch and instead of playing it properly have decided to use their time to stand in front of a door way to block other people. Morons.

To be honest, that sounds hilarious.

To be honest, that sounds hilarious.

Yeah, this actually does. :heh:

I'm glad I don't play with either of you then. :p

I love having a laugh when playing online but not at the expense of other peoples enjoyment of the game.

So...because I platinumed Diablo 3 and won't play Super Mario Maker ever again I'll trade them in later today, then I'll only have to pay 9.99€ for this. : peace:

I'm glad I don't play with either of you then. :p

I love having a laugh when playing online but not at the expense of other peoples enjoyment of the game.

Yeah, it's annoying when people are exclusively dicks online, but I think the reason this is so funny is that the designers overlooked the fact that you can be trapped in the FIRST room of the game by someone standing in the doorway.

Just my sense of humour.

Spent an hour doing a mission a bit out of my level (didn't know that when I started) just to do the final firefight annnnnd Delta error kicked to title screen. Fuck.

This reeks of that shit Ubisoft pulled with Assassins Creed on the PC where you need to be always online and the second your connection (to their shitty servers) dropped you were kicked out and progress lost. I just loaded at the start of the mission everything lost except the gear and xp.

Spent an hour doing a mission a bit out of my level (didn't know that when I started) just to do the final firefight annnnnd Delta error kicked to title screen. Fuck.

This reeks of that shit Ubisoft pulled with Assassins Creed on the PC where you need to be always online and the second your connection (to their shitty servers) dropped you were kicked out and progress lost. I just loaded at the start of the mission everything lost except the gear and xp.

To be fair this is a bit different to Assassins Creed seeing as The Division is an online game. I understand your complaints otherwise though.

Unfortunately this is how pretty much every online game launches. Every company could fix the problem by having more servers to handle the load but they know that it will only be a month or so and the amount of people playing the game all at once will die down and then they'll be stuck with a load of extra servers that arent needed so its thought of as an unneccesary expense.

I'll be giving it another try tonight once I get back from work. I'm happy that I'm at least past the "activate" problem so I'm remaining hopeful lol.

It is an online game, but other online games don't kick to title screen unceremoniously (well some do) they instead freeze the game a minute and start a timeout counter. What's wrong with waiting 10-20 or 30 seconds before you boot a single player out.

Maybe there is a hidden counter, but I doubt it since my XP was the same and I had literally just killed the last guy about 3 seconds beforehand.

It's understandable but annoying and could be alleviated.

Anybody actually had a great play session on this yet? Had some epic, memorable moments? Anything beyond what we saw in the beta? Was expecting some more positive feedback by now!

Anybody actually had a great play session on this yet? Had some epic, memorable moments? Anything beyond what we saw in the beta? Was expecting some more positive feedback by now!

I figured this game would be the next Destiny and most people on here would have picked it up on day one. I checked last night and only a handful of people on my friends list were playing it.

I'm hoping I'll have some more memorable moments once more of my friends start playing it so I can group up with them.

At the moment for me the Division seems like a solid game but I think its seriousness and realworld aspects are perhaps holding it back when it comes to loot at least. Games like Diablo or Destiny where you can find all this interesting loot are great but I cant get excited each time I get a new backpack or yet another shotgun.

I've only played it for a couple of hours so not really able to report back on anything. Literally only up to the start of the Base of Operations. Will be playing it a lot more over the course of Friday evening and the weekend :)

Well i love this game, might even uninstall Destiny because i like it so much

Got myself up to Lvl 9 last night, spent a lot of time doing missions with my mate

Got a great blue AK and blue SCAR marksman rifle, and that shotgun side arm that came with the Gold edition is bloody brilliant, saved my bacon with some runners a few times now

can't wait to play it again but i've got a bloody meeting in Sheffield tonight!

I thought all the Destiny Players would have bought this, nice to see a few have got this, no chance of dragging @drftking@Daft@Eddage etc away from the Destiny Servers? @Blade you getting this?

Loving this as well, only at level 8 and not far past the content of the beta but I've been taking my time exploring the city and buildings for cosmetics, collectibles etc. The city is so well detailed and the graphics seem even sharper than the beta. Not been in the dark zone yet as the first bracket is level 10 min.

Really like the crafting, already crafted a couple of blue weapons, military scar h being the best so far.

I can see this replacing Destiny for me until Destiny 2 is out, the game is very addictive once you start playing it's hard to put down.

@Agent Gibbs feel free to join up for some co op or dark zone with me and @MilaGi

Edited by Map

Definitely, should be good fun especially when the equivalents of raid's come out

Yeah Incursions sound great, will be like having the old raid team back together. :)

I thought all the Destiny Players would have bought this, nice to see a few have got this, no chance of dragging @drftking@Daft@Eddage etc away from the Destiny Servers? @Blade you getting this?

I haven't played Destiny for months so don't think I'm picking it over this, Ha! I'm just not really taken with the game. The Beta was fine but beyond the countless upgrades – and I love me a good skill-tree – I was left a little cold.

And I'm burnt by Destiny, slightly ironically. I'll pick this up when I see that it's had good and regular support, and when it's a little cheaper.

Also, the story in The Division is complete white noise to me. I know in contrast Destiny's story is shit but I'm a big fan of any scifi and the lore of Destiny (and what Reddit pieced together) went a long way to satisfying me.

I also just bought EDF 4.1 which is amazing and has couch co-op. :D

I can totally understand how Destiny burnt you out, its why i gave up - i realised i had three characters all between 311 and 318 light lvl and i was only raiding the same raid over and over and over on the off chance that i might get the same armour with a tiny gain of light.....for nothing because once you hit max light there is literally nothing left to do

Not that i didn't get my £100 worth out of it i've probably spent 2 or 3 hundred hours on it so its a good cost/time/enjoyment ratio

The Division might end up the same in some respects, but already showing its learnt from Destiny, so it can at the very least fill the void for now

I was just left a bit flat by the beta. Apart from a very fancy delivery/hud it just felt like the opening area and missions of a free to play MMO. Doesn't help that before I even got to play any co-op or go into a "dark zone" they took the beta offline. I spent significantly more time downloading it than playing it :blank: