NEurope
Cube

Tom Clancy's The Division

So it's Destiny all over again...

This time I won't jump on board day-one.

I wish it was. The game mechanics seem rather flat so far. There also seems to be a base building aspect to the game which will be very annoying to manage. With that I bailed out fast.

Maybe I should give it another go and more time.

I wish it was. The game mechanics seem rather flat so far.

I think the game mechanics (except the shooting mechanics) are much better than Destiny's. But that's just personal preference.

I'm enjoying this actually. Not as taken with the DZ as some people, but I enjoy the setting and the gunplay feels tight to me. The cover is a little clunky at first but seems to have more thought than most cover based games.

My biggest complaint is audio balancing. I turned down (to 0) every setting I could in the Audio menu and still couldn't hear my friends in Party Chat over the gunfire. But, hopping on with 3 friends certainly makes the game feel fun.

On that note, one of my friends says the Xbox version runs so much better for him. I tried both consoles and don't feel a difference, but he made a video showing that on his PS4 he has a very large and noticeable input lag. Has anyone else experienced anything of that sort? I played for 2 hours on the Xbox and 9 on the PS4 and don't feel a difference.

I've liked the beta much more this time, the bullet spongeyness of some enemies seems toned down and there is more variety of the enemies now, even a female one at one point so thats some more of my concerns gone.

The dark zone continues to impress me, after my initial play though i was concerned it would be more people griefing players than anything else, as in the closed beta it seemed a lack of players made it seem fairly balance with rogue agents. However with more players in the open beta it was better than i expected! at one point there was a fireteam of 4 rogue agents who started attacking myself and two of my mates, we were pinned down........when about 8 other agents flanked the griefers from two sides and together we decimated them! The same team appeared on the map later trying to take an extraction point and again players banded together,it was interesting and surprising.

Managed to get to lvl 8 and lvl 8 dark zone with almost all blue gear

Think i'm sold on this game, its my Destiny replacement

Really enjoyed playing the beta over the weekend. Had a day off on Friday and nothing planned on the Saturday so ended up playing this for quite a number of hours! Reached level 8 in the PVE area and either 11 or 12 in the Dark Zone.

I did encounter a couple of annoying glitches, with the most notable one being the cover element failing to be recognised! So I'd often be pointing the right thumb stick towards a car and no prompt would come up... even failing to do it when beside something that *should* allow for cover. Having said that, when it works it's great and pretty fluid.

@Map and I spent a good amount of time in the DZ as a 2-man team or in a fireteam of 4. The latter provided a good sense of security (the whole "safety in numbers" approach) as not many other agents tried to steal our drops. In fact, we became the instigators of rogue-play... to the point of reaching the "Man-Hunt" status, whereby you have to try and survive for a certain countdown. Failure to survive results in a significant loss of XP and DZ currency, so it's a good deterrent to stop people from continuously going rogue.

When it was just me and Map, we often got into situations where other agents would be hovering around drops to see whether we'd pick up. We generally waited for them to disappear as there was always a higher chance of them turning on you, which we certainly found out a couple of times. Opportunist buggers! That was mostly on the Saturday morning and in the evening it tended to be a bit more 'friendlier'.

Looking increasingly likely that I'll end up pre-ordering :)

Possibly because of Destiny but this is not what I am currently looking for (I really miss Monster Hunter). It has it's positives but the negatives are similar to annoyances I had with Destiny so I think I will sit this one out at launch and see how it pans out.

I was genuinely surprised as to why I like this so much - then I realized that someone finally made a decent Freedom Fighters sequel as an MMO. Will definitely wait for reviews & expansion/cost plans but I'm strangely up on it? As far as dour-apocalypse games go this is probably going to be one of the better ones.

I don't really know what to make of this. It was fun but also a little 'so what'. You can't go into most of the buildings. I didn't run into any other players while randomly exploring. The encounters on the street were...not particularly varied – the AI seemed basic as hell. The story was another non-point.

The map doesn't look all too big. Potentially smaller than vanilla Destiny, which is saying something.

I want to like it and I think I might get it eventually, but only after I know it's going to get serious support.

I didn't get much chance to play it, and now it's done right? I don't think I can get it based on what I played.

46i8ePF.jpg

Good to see Massive have a good road map for year one content. Two Incursions (mini raids?) coming in the first couple of months plus Conflict, loot trading, gear sets, etc all coming for free before the first paid expansion. Hopefully we can get some N E Incursion teams going at some point.

I preordered it. Not gold edition though. Couldn't bring myself to do that for the Season Pass. I enjoyed the Beta but I'd like to see what they do with the whole thing before I invest further.

Good to see Massive have a good road map for year one content. Two Incursions (mini raids?) coming in the first couple of months plus Conflict, loot trading, gear sets, etc all coming for free before the first paid expansion. Hopefully we can get some N E Incursion teams going at some point.

Got an email notification to say that mine has been dispatched and should be with me tomorrow :D - just a shame I won't be able to play it until Wednesday!

A whole Year One of content planned out?

That's both impressive and very presumptuous, this implies that Ubisoft expects people will be playing this for significantly longer than a year on a regular basis.

While this may turn out to be the case, it could all still so easily flop could it not?

Plus I think it all depends largely on how you spin in, is this just the latest case of a game being released ahead of schedule and then charging for some late content? Or is the Season Pass really to fund future content for the game? (Which just so happens to be already planned)

Either way I hope that those who purchase it enjoy the experience enough to justify getting all this content but it just raises a lot of questions for me peronsally about the way games are being distributed these days.

I'm not meaning to start any arguements, just making some observations from what I've seen of the game so far. : peace:

^ Nintendo guys coming in here and shitting on our content...:p

Honestly, it seems to have been the trend since Season Passes stormed the industry. Basically preordering DLC that we have no easy way of knowing if it's just something cut from the game in order to sell later at a premium or content they truly thought of at a late enough time in the development cycle that it wasn't going to make it in.

Planning out a first year worth of content isn't exactly out of the norm, nor asking people to pay for it early. Every developer hopes their game is successful, and in a way a season pass could unfortunately be viewed as a elitist form of Kickstarter. And if the game flops, they've still gotten a bit of money out of it.

Titanfall is a wonderful example for this. It didn't exactly set the world on fire, it had a season pass for 3 map packs and it went ahead with the plans to make and release those packs. And then they actually did something kinda cool. They made those map packs free for all versions of the game.

My Gold edition has shipped, will see you in New York on Wednesday @MilaGi.

If anyone else wants to join us, feel free to jump in.

Just checked mine. Amazon says it arrives tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet. Sooooo it's not arriving tomorrow.

For anyone getting the game, Uplay has some nice items you can get if you have some Uplay points handy. They can be redeemed in game from the rewards claim vendor.

Whelp. My copy has finally shipped. At 8:20 pm I got the email that it shipped and will arrive tomorrow by 8pm. Amazon didn't give any other shipping details so I plugged the tracking number into UPS, it's being flown next day air from fucking Texas as of 6:50 pm.

Amazon Prime is really paying for itself this time haha. Next day can't be cheap especially the 2000 some odd miles it has to travel.

My Gold edition has shipped, will see you in New York on Wednesday @MilaGi.

If anyone else wants to join us, feel free to jump in.

Absolutely! Should be good fun! I might even have time to install it later on this evening before I head out :)

EDIT: I'm leaving work at 4pm so should get home for around 5:30pm

Edited by MilaGi

Do we know if there's a day one patch to download? Would be nice if I could play this straight away tonight so I'd rather not have to wait while my shitty connection downloads a couple of gigs.

Do we know if there's a day one patch to download? Would be nice if I could play this straight away tonight so I'd rather not have to wait while my shitty connection downloads a couple of gigs.

2.7 GB day one patch on PS4.

Welcome to the world of modern gaming...

It certainly didn't take long for players to find a way to grief each other in Tom Clancy's The Division. As reported by Eurogamer, you're put in a small room near the start of the game following a cutscene with a main character. When the cinematic is over, another Agent can stand in the room's doorway and block your exit, essentially ending you progress and trapping you inside for all eternity.

Okay, perhaps that's a slight exaggeration: there's a trick to actually getting past whoever's blocking your way, but most players don't seem to know it. Instead of trying to squeeze between the perpetrator and the door frame, simply run against the offending player for a few seconds. According to the report, the game should eventually phase you through them, allowing you to continue with your quest to shoot rioters and collect knee pads.

It's a reasonably easy workaround, then, but that isn't stopping new players for panicking and getting angry. Arm yourself with the above knowledge and continue your mission in the comments section below.

So these idiots have bought the game at launch and instead of playing it properly have decided to use their time to stand in front of a door way to block other people. Morons.

Edited by Hero-of-Time