NEurope
Cube

Tom Clancy's The Division

@Hero\-of\-Time @kav82

Are we thinking about getting this?

No idea. Isn't Kav in semi-retirement at the moment? :D

I'm certainly interested in the title but really want to see how it pans out before putting down some money on it. It will probably come down to how it reviews and if there's enough content in terms of single player stuff.

To be honest i've stopped trying to hook up with people on here for gaming sessions. I usually play as soon as I get in from work (5-6pm) and then start to wind down just as everyone else starts to come online (8-9pm).

So it's Destiny all over again...

This time I won't jump on board day-one.

@Hero\-of\-Time @kav82

Comparisons to Destiny isn't a good thing in my mind.

Also, I tend to find that Ubisoft games over-promise and under-deliver.

I'm not sold on it as it stands.

I might be getting this, not sure if i'll get it at launch though

might try for the Beta and see how it works first

@Hero\-of\-Time @kav82

I honestly don't know. Onto my last game from christmas / birthday and then I'll want to playthrough them again. Fifa pro clubs still dominates my gaming time as well.

PC Specs revealed:

Minimum Configuration

Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.

RAM: 6GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better - See supported List*.

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

Recommended Configuration

Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better - See supported List*

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release: GeForce GTX500 series: GeForce GTX560 (2 GB VRAM) or better • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX660 or better • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better • GeForce GTX900 Titan series: GeForce GTX960 or better

*Supported AMD cards at time of release: Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R7 270 or better • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better.

A couple of friends and I are looking for a meaty co-op game to get our teeth stuck into but it's been slim pickings so far this gen. Despite being soulless The Division looks worth a punt.

Just got my beta key, preloading it now. Destiny has felt pretty flat for me lately so I'm really looking forward to giving this a go at the weekend.

Anyone else taking part in the beta on PS4?

I've got a beta key for PS4, got it all downloaded and ready to try this weekend

Cool, maybe team up at some point to try out the co op and dark zone, think you can have 4 man fireteams.

Will give this a go tonight.

Or not, as the remaining download time keeps switching from 5-23 hours...fucking PSN. :p

Or not, as the remaining download time keeps switching from 5-23 hours...fucking PSN. :p

Beta doesn't start till tomorrow on PS4/PC, 12pm GMT 1pm CET. Plenty of time for your download to finish. :)

Beta is live.

Done one side-mission and the only available main-mission.

It's good fun. Nothing spectecular, though.

Lots of stuff not available in the beta, which is a shame...wanted to have just a little bit more flexibility.

I will play this a bit more over the weekend. Definitely wanna go into the Dark Zone.

As it stands right now, I won't jump on board early on. But I'll keep an eye on it.

Edit: Deleted the beta. It just isn't fun. The gameplay (i.e. the game being a cover-shooter) isn't good enough. It somehow doesn't really work here. Can't point my finger on exactly why I think so, though...

Edited by drahkon

I played this last night with my friends,

As a single player i'm not convinced it worked, or certainly the beta, it was a little light on everything and the actual gameplay didn't work well for a single player - you're there in body armour with assault rifles and guys in hoodies come up to you gangster style with mach 10's and slaughter you.

The easiest comparison for the game is Destiny, and compared to single player it felt crap, but its a beta so maybe its just so restricted its like that

However when i joined a fireteam the game felt a lot better and in some ways more fun than Destiny's fireteams - the tachtical team based combat worked, someone lays suppressing fire while another flanks trough cover and takes them out.

The 'Dark zone' felt very interesting, a very oddly gloomy take on new york with interesting levels and areas, with the loot system being particularly tense, having to extract it via chopper (i wasn't celar can you just go back to base and drop it off or only through a chopper? one extraction point was next to the quarantine base)

The Rogue agent part of it really excelled at improving the experience, the tense uneasy truce between you artificially generates an atmosphere. Then wen an agent goes rogue it goes in multiple directions; a free for all, one rogue and everyone fights to stop them, people run and wait to ambush the survivors - it was all very different, although i have the fear (as i found once or twice) it could just become a game of camping out near extraction points and griefing players who appear, effectively making the dark zones off limits to all but asshats. Equally the negative aspects to going rogue are all over the place - you respawn slower, loose XP and are marked on the radar for a time, but if you are camping out an extraction near the exit to the dark zone you can wait, slaughter a team genuinely extracting and then just leave claiming their loot with no consequence and return when you feel like rinsing and repeating.

I did have some other concerns generally;

The Weapons were all over the place, the realistic atmosphere does not lend itself well to the loot system of getting slightly upgrade stats on a weapon, in reality a bullet is a bullet and hits as hard as it does and in a game where everything but the combat is grounded in reality it seems odd to be comparing a police m4 with 1800dmps to a police m4 with 1850dps, and worse still when you get an uzi which utterly outclasses an assault rifle

Its an odd mixture of the real and surreal.

Then there is weapon balance, guys with uzi's the same level as you are bullet sponges with no real 'zones' to their body, so your M4 feals like a pea shooter. But then Shotguns feel realistic and can 1/2 shot most normal enemies over some distance, compare that to the M4 i used which needed 1 and 1/2 clips to kill the same enemy type.

Sniper rifles felt suitably weighty dmg wise, but when you can manually aim at their heads and only take of a bar or two of their armour it feels like they end up being under powered.

I'm not sure if its damage fall off over distance or just poor balancing thats at fault

The other issue i had was the enemies; i only encountered what could be described as gang bangers in hoodies, the boss you encounter is a guy in a different colour hoodie with an LMG and he positively makes the bullet sponge normal enemies seem like cannon fodder - will this be the most frequent enemy type? as again its realism destroying to think a cloth hoodie stops hundreds of bullets! I hope the main game has all sorts of gangs, corrupt former cops etc and bosses at least have some reason to be stronger, perhaps have the virus make the immune stronger or something to explain it

Personally i'd up the dmg of all guns and reduce the ammo spawns to make it more 'real'

Overall though it did feel like a fun game and i'm likely to get it at launch to play with my mates at the very least (its managed to get my friend who's only played GTA online since it came out on PS4 to consider a second ps4 game)

I played the beta a ton over the weekend and really enjoyed it. At its core the game is an open world RPG ( although not all RPG elements were in the beta) and the third person shooting felt pretty solid which got better for me once i got better weapons and got used to the cover system which is pretty fluid. What was impressive was how seamless the game is, you can go from base of operations, streets, sewers, subways, dark zone without a single loading screen.

The real fun though is in the dark zone ( pve/pvp area) where you can find the best loot. This area plays completely different when in a group to playing on your own. In a group you tend to hunt rogue agents or go rogue yourself to steal other players loot, but on your own the game is really tense when extracting loot not knowing if you can trust any agents nearby.

Seeing as I played the beta for 15 hrs I think I'm gonna keep my pre order and get it day one.

faSJhdf.jpg

My agent at the end of the beta in full superior (legendary) gear with my high end (exotic) auto rifle, it was a beast!

Edited by Map

I'm really liking the look of this! Might actually take my attention away from Destiny for a while haha!

Woke up mildly hungover, was looking forward to giving this a go...down for maintenance for 3 hours.

And I won't be able to play in three hours...god damnit :D

A myriad of glitches of the "fall-through-the-earth-kind" prevented me from progressing...

I was able to do the two beta missions and a couple of side-missions.

The game grew on me, but a couple of things annoy me:

Loading screens after matchmaking...whenever you join a group for a mission you get a loading screen. 20-30 seconds. In that time your group progresses through the mission and you have to catch up. If you choose to fast travel you get another 5-10 seconds of loading.

The cover mechanics are a bit too clunky in hectic situations. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to them, but in my playtime I found them to be quite hindering sometimes.

Yeah, the glitches/bugs. But those are likely to be fixed in due time.

I won't pay full price for this. If the local Gamestop has a deal (trade in two games, pay 9.99€ for The Division) coming up, I may consider it.