NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

Nooooo! I just got the most kills in blast, which I never thought I'd manage, and the trophy didn't work! I'm gonna have to do that again when it's been patched aren't I?

Still, loving the game. I'd love an Endor Race mode, maybe on other planets too and a Death Star Run mode - either like the RotJ a A New Hope attacks on the death star - would work well methinks!

Nooooo! I just got the most kills in blast, which I never thought I'd manage, and the trophy didn't work! I'm gonna have to do that again when it's been patched aren't I?

Still, loving the game. I'd love an Endor Race mode, maybe on other planets too and a Death Star Run mode - either like the RotJ a A New Hope attacks on the death star - would work well methinks!

Make it a podracing mode and we have a deal. :D

Yeah, a Death Star attack run would be awesome. I'd prefer it to be based on ROTJ just so I could hear this music.

You could start off battling above Endor, take down a Super Star Destroyer and then head into the Death Star.

How about pod-racing and the speeder bikes? :D

And yeah starting from Endor and going to the core of the Death star would be pretty amazing.

I gotta say the only downside for me is there needs to be more music!

Me and lostmario are on now.

Well I've seen this late, I'll be on within the next hour.

Rank 32 and I'm *just* about getting good. But I always seem to do better around midnight for some reason!

Some more cracking games last night with the N-E faithful. The Pod Drop game mode was fantastic. There were some very close games happening in that mode.

Sorry I couldn't stay on longer but I started playing as soon as I had finished work and needed a break, before settling down for the night. It's a shame more of us aren't on at the same time. Usually when people are starting to come online, i'm starting to wind down for the night.

Some more cracking games last night with the N-E faithful. The Pod Drop game mode was fantastic. There were some very close games happening in that mode.

Sorry I couldn't stay on longer but I started playing as soon as I had finished work and needed a break, before settling down for the night. It's a shame more of us aren't on at the same time. Usually when people are starting to come online, i'm starting to wind down for the night.

Yeah me and Dakota came on about 9:30pm and no one was on!

Yeah me and Dakota came on about 9:30pm and no one was on!

I'm usually off by then, as is lostmario. We play from around 5pm to around 9pm.

Slowly but steadily getting to grips with the arcadey shooting mechanics. :)

Had most kills in Blast just now. No trophy, though :(

Will focus on having fun and unlocking shit now :D

I'm usually off by then, as is lostmario. We play from around 5pm to around 9pm.

I know, its a shame. I actually am not ready while 8pm most nights.

So who's on tonight and at what times?

It was good fun last night, I had a right laugh... as you could tell by my odd, weird and hilariously retarded sounding laugh! Haha

So who's on tonight and at what times?

It was good fun last night, I had a right laugh... as you could tell by my odd, weird and hilariously retarded sounding laugh! Haha

That was hilarious. Cooky's reaction to your laugh was brilliant.

I'll be on at around 5pm again.

Won't be around for the next two nights... :(

And from Thursday 'til Sunday I'll be at my mom's place. I think I'll take my PS4 with me and join you lot Thursday and/or Friday. I reeeaaaally want to be there for the banter :laughing:

I am loving the Fighter Squadron mode. Now I don't need to spend on money on Star Fox. :D

Whilst we were gaming on the Fughter Squadron mode last night I mentioned this quote. You are so very right, this has it covered!

Whilst we were gaming on the Fughter Squadron mode last night I mentioned this quote. You are so very right, this has it covered!

Sadly, we all know that we ain't gonna get anything even close to what is on offer here.

Epic Gif from Gaf. :D

W6T4VRS.gif

Dat force push.

Sadly, we all know that we ain't gonna get anything even close to what is on offer here.

Epic Gif from Gaf. :D

W6T4VRS.gif

Dat force push.

I've still not had a Hero pick-up... I can't wait until I do!

I've still not had a Hero pick-up... I can't wait until I do!

Didn't you play the Heroes vs Villains mode with us the other night?

Didn't you play the Heroes vs Villains mode with us the other night?

Nope, I joined the party just as you were finishing that mode so I narrowly missed out.

@Hero\-of\-Time sorry I've not joined yet, I'm letting my flatmate game a little on it.

Edited by Kav

Cracking games with the N-E crew last night. Sorry for the DC at the end. My net has been a bit unstable since Saturday. Spent an hour on the phone to Sky over the weekend about it and I thought everything was fixed. Apparently not.

In other news, the Jakku map is also coming with a new game mode.

We are proud to give you a first visual glimpse of The Battle of Jakku, coming to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ on December 1st, 2015, for all those that pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront, and a week later for all other game holders. The Battle of Jakku was the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet.

Introducing Turning Point mode

Turning Point is a vast Star Wars Battlefront game mode for 40 players, included in The Battle of Jakku. This mode portrays the efforts of the Rebel Alliance to defeat the Empire following the Battle of Endor. Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall explains:

“At the edge of the map, the Empire has constructed a make-shift base as well as smaller fortifications strewn across the landscape. Following an emergency landing, the Rebels need to locate the enemy bases to attack and take control of them all.”

What are the rules of Turning Point?

Rebels need to locate and capture one of three control points in Imperial control. The clock is ticking, but if the Rebel team succeeds with a capture additional time will be added and new control points will be available for capture. Moving through these increasingly challenging checkpoints, the ultimate goal is the Empire’s base where the final stand will take place.

What kinds of vehicles will be featured in Turning Point?

Since the starfighters are occupied in the battle above or simply destroyed, we wanted to highlight airspeeders and AT-STs in this mode. In contrast to its role in Walker Assault or Supremacy, the AT-ST is a slightly more defensive vehicle in this mode. Piloting it, you will need to move between areas a lot to meet the Rebel assault. If you’re in an airspeeder on the other hand, you’ll be on the offence, giving supportive fire to your Rebel team mates.

How does the chaotic battle beyond add to the overall gameplay experience?

The peripheral action on the larger map - Graveyard of Giants - is truly a great visual spectacle. The battles are ever-present; debris will be falling from the skies, and you’ll even see a Super Star Destroyer come crashing down during the round.

What will players love within Turning Point?

A Turning Point match will often be very exciting since the outcome is never sure. There are also a lot of tactical possibilities that need to be considered. For instance: once the Rebels have started taking over a control point, it can’t be reclaimed by the Empire. Let’s say there’s only 25% left of the claim process and the Empire has managed to drive away the Rebels. This means that the Empire have to choose between defending this vulnerable point or another part of the map. The Rebels in turn need to decide where their next attack should be.

Of course, we are also planning to support Star Wars Battlefront with new content well into the future. We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. We’ll have more to share soon.

Source

More free maps and cards planned : peace: That's great to hear.