NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

Hm, shame there's so little content it seems. But I pre-ordered the game for 9.99€. Traded in two games I won't play again, so that's fine :D

I won't buy the Season Pass, though. Depending on how much I play the game I'll go for one or two DLCs.

This is yet another reason i don't support the likes of EA, charging close to £50 (in some places) for the base game (which according to reviews is sparce) and then charging an additional £40 for the remainder of the game. EA need to go back to the hole they crawled out of.

EA need to go back to Sarlacc Pit they crawled out of.

A wee edit for you there Jim.

Sounds a lot like the issues Destiny had – a severe lack of content. But with the added issue (from my end at least) of being a multiplayer only game. I was on the fence about just picking it up but this US Gamer review has made my mind up,

There's a lot to love about the actual gameplay; and on the surface, there are plenty of modes, but Battlefront doesn't really stand up to extended scrutiny. It's a sugar rush of a shooter that fades more quickly than it should. In a year or so, Battlefront may have reached its true potential. For now, it's roughly one-third of a Game of the Year caliber shooter.

And it's all completely compounded by the cost of the base game and the DLC. The irony is that I'll keep playing Destiny, but the gunplay in that is second to none and the community is fantastic.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

Cheers @Cookyman

I did wonder why the Battlefront queue at EGX was close to 2 hours+ at one point, i can't complain as i did wait in said queue but not for that long. The reviews are certainly summing up my reasons to not pre-order the game or buy the season pass, it sounds so mediocre.

Well I'm still buying it Day 1. It's STAR WARS.

Season Pass I'll probably wait until it's on sale/see what it offers. There's no need to buy it straight away without knowing what you're gonna get.

Well I'm still buying it Day 1. It's STAR WARS.

Season Pass I'll probably wait until it's on sale/see what it offers. There's no need to buy it straight away without knowing what you're gonna get.

Exactly what I'm doing, though I may cave on the season pass quicker than you....

Mine just got dispatched :D

Don't care what reviews say it's Star Wars and even if there was only one mode and 2 maps (Tatooine & Hoth) I would still play the shit out of it for the music and sound effects. Anything else is just icing and it may help the last months wait for Episode 7 go all the quicker.

Jealous of you guys, I've got to wait until the morning, but at least I'm off out to see the new Hunger Games film tonight :D

@Hero\-of\-Time just saw you were online playing Driveclub, WHY AREN'T YOU ON THIS!?!?!?!

Servers not live in Europe yet?

Nah, they are up.

Jealous of you guys, I've got to wait until the morning, but at least I'm off out to see the new Hunger Games film tonight :D

@Hero\-of\-Time just saw you were online playing Driveclub, WHY AREN'T YOU ON THIS!?!?!?!

Needed to do 30 races for my platinum trophy and wanted it out of the way before I started this. Don't worry, I'm playing it now. :D

Speeder Bike, first person mode, bombing around Endor is legit! So awesome.

Just started playing the game. First death came from Boba Fett, the second from a Tie Fighter crashing into me lol

First of all this game looks and sounds incredible. The thumping of the lasers as they leave the gun is really satisfying.

I lost my first battle but it was still really fun. I played Supremacy which is 20 on 20 I think. Got nuts when I ran over a hill and just saw about 10 stormtroopers charging at me lol

I did a bit of the single player training as well and the dogfighting. Thats pretty great. Did still make me wish they would release a new Rogue Squadron game though :(

Put a fair few hours into this last night and had great fun.

While the game is installing you get to run around the base on Hoth as Darth Vader. This serves kinda like a tutorial and lets you get to grips with things. It's a nice touch, instead of just sitting waiting at the install screen.

I started with a couple of the single player missions. Flying the X-Wing and then riding the Speeder Bike were amazing. The Speeder Bike took some getting used to, though. I think I died 4 times in a row straight away. :D I found the best view for the bike was first person mode, while the X-Wing was best using third person.

I jumped into Blast game type, which is essentially TDM. It took a while to get used to the maps but once I did I was running riot.

I then had a go of the vehicle battle mode ( can't remember what it was called ). You have to protect your transports from the opposition and take out their transports in the process. One of the guys on the other team must have got a power up or something as he was flying around in the Falcon. I kept gunning for him but it has a large amount of health, especially compared to the Tie Interceptor.

I LOVED this mode. It felt like a mix of Rogue Squadron and the battle arena levels in Lylat Wars. Very fun.

I then tried the Walker Assault mode. I was on the Imperial team, so we had the AT-ATs on our side. These matches take a loooooong time to finish but , again, it was very fun. Holding areas and protecting the objectives was key to winning this game. It was close but we managed to pull it off.

The only negative I really have about the game is that i'm not keen on the Hoth map in the Blast game type. There's too many winding corridors and it makes it hard to pin down where the enemy are on the radar.

I had a few games this morning, before heading off to work. Yeah, loving what I played so far. I agree with what some reviews said when they mentioned it feeling more like an arcade shooter. Gutted i'm off to the flicks tonight. I just wanna head home after work and play on this. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Played this for 2 hours straight.

People are still dumb in Walker Assault mode :D

It's good fun, though. I'm not a that good, but I enjoy it very much : peace:

Edit: How fucking awesome is Fighter Squadron?

I LOVED this mode. It felt like a mix of Rogue Squadron and the battle arena levels in Lylat Wars.

For me this mode alone shits all over every Star Fox game :laughing: Was a bit sceptical about the AI controlled ships, but they are basically just cannon fodder. Something to pass the time while looking for real enemies. And once you have one in your sights...IT IS ON.

I may go for the Platinum with this one...something I never do with online shooters. The problem will be having the most kills on Blast (i.e. Team Deathmatch) in one match...right now I suck at aiming. Need to get used to the arcadey mechanics. :D

Anyway. Glad I traded in two games and got this for 9.99€. Won't pay 50€ (!!!!!!) for the Season Pass, but will definitely be on the lookout for DLCs once they are discounted (in a year or so :D)

@Hero\-of\-Time cancel your plans and get on that Star Wars action.

Edited by drahkon

Picked this up for £25 after using reward points on my Grainger Games card. Can't wait to put it on after getting home from my nephew's birthday.

Picked up the star wars PS4 today, traded in my PS4 for £212 at game. I had £45 on my reward card and paid £20 deposit meaning I had to put about £73 towards to get it.

The controller is damn fugly. The game is amazing.

Anyone going to be online later?

I'm loving this. A lot of fun! Especially Fighter Squadron! Please EA, make a spiritual sequel to Rogue Squadron! :)

I'm pretty awful at the shooty modes, coming midway up the table at best, but the vibe/atmosphere is just so so good. haven't quite got the hang of the two modes people seemed to be hyped over - Supremacy and Walker Assault - performing best in the pure and simple Blast mode :D Been on it all afternoon, time for some dinner now, and then some more in the evening no doubt!

Brilliant session on this tonight. We had a full N-E party, laughs were had, rebels were killed and Blade ran around like a headless chicken (walker). Outstanding. :bowdown:

Brilliant session on this tonight. We had a full N-E party, laughs were had, rebels were killed and Blade ran around like a headless chicken (walker). Outstanding. :bowdown:

Classic @Blade

You guys are insane :laughing:

Need to join the next session earlier :) And we should own Blast mode with a full 10-man-party :awesome: