NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

That trailer though.....

Day of work on release day me thinks!

I've got the week off :D

Perfect timing. I get back from Paris 2 days before! Can't wait for this. Along with Mario tennis my final game (s) of 2015

During its investor call yesterday evening, EA CEO, Andrew Wilson, told investors that they fully expect to sell 13 million Star Wars Battlefront units before the end of their financial year, which falls on March 31st 2016.

The beta, which was the most popular in EA's history, had 9.5 million players who logged 1.6 billion minutes of gameplay, meaning the game is in good stead.

The 13 million units sold estimate is an increase from the 9-10 million units sold estimate as reported by the company six months ago. This is mainly down to the beta numbers, “excellent” pre-order sales and an interest from younger players.

Insane if they manage to pull this off. It's very doable, though, especially with the Star Wars hype just starting. This will no doubt be the Christmas number 1.

Insane if they manage to pull this off. It's very doable, though, especially with the Star Wars hype just starting. This will no doubt be the Christmas number 1.

It's actually crazy how many people were in the beta.

Every kid in the school that I work at who own a current-gen system seemed to be in the beta.

It'll sell crazy numbers just off the Star Wars hype alone. It'll be a magical Christmas.

Definitely a system seller right there. Mostly for PS4, of course due to the marketing deal, but I'm pretty sure Xbone will profit a lot from it, too.

I can't wait. Star Wars Battlefront will be a nice change of pace from Fallout 4 once in a while. It will probably be easy to juggle these two game simultaneously. :)

Definitely a system seller right there. Mostly for PS4, of course due to the marketing deal,

What's the marketing deal? Is there more content on the PS4 version?

What's the marketing deal? Is there more content on the PS4 version?

I think it's just about showing trailers during conferences, etc. Microsoft isn't allowed to do so.

Don't know if there's more to it.

Oh great, I have to buy this game don't I.

I was crap at the beta but its Star Wars and pretty much everyone I play online with will be getting it.

Where is the cheapest place to pre-order it from?

and.. I've just seen the speeder bike gameplay... oh my GOD!

Edited by lostmario

I am so ridiculously excited for this. It looks beautiful.

I would order online in the hope of getting it early, but I'm away for the weekend and I've got Argos vouchers to spend. First thing Tuesday morning it'll have to be :D

Ah, Tuesday is the American release. Bummer. An extra two days to wait :( At least we get the new film before them!

Edited by Mr-Paul

Just placed my pre-order. I'm rubbish at these types of games but y'know, Star Wars. Hopefully I can just crank the music all the way up and die repeatedly to the lovely tunes.

Where is the cheapest place to pre-order it from?

Most places are charging £42+ for it. I guess there's no reason to drop it because they know it's gonna sell stupidly well. Saying that, Argos seem to be selling new games for £39.99 on launch day. They done it with CoD and have done it again with Fallout.

Tesco normally have deals for big new games where you get the game plus MS/Sony store points for £45.

Playing it on Xbone with EA Access 10 hour trial. They 100% nailed the feel of Star Wars. I'm not a huge fan of the gunplay, but everything feels so damn authentic. Wow.

Frame-rate is crazy stable.

Still not sure what to do about this. I'm a massive Star Wars fan but i'm not sure if I will get my moneys worth out of the modes on offer. At the same time though i'm sure I will have a laugh when playing with my nephew, Lostmario, Kav, Blade etc.

Will this game require an EA account to play? Was going to check out the beta, but when hit with a wall of text and the requirement of an EA account, I was like yeah... no. :heh:

Not a fan of that kind of stuff/EA in general. icon13.gif

Really in 2 minds weather I need the darth ps4 or not. It's pre ordered and I have the money but looking at the offers around it seems like an extra £70 for just the controller and darths face... I saw a 1TB PS4 with battlefront and the uncharted collection for £280 on hotdeals the other day... Blargh. I'll decided on Thursday!

Frame-rate is crazy stable.

Still not sure what to do about this. I'm a massive Star Wars fan but i'm not sure if I will get my moneys worth out of the modes on offer. At the same time though i'm sure I will have a laugh when playing with my nephew, Lostmario, Kav, Blade etc.

Won't get your money's worth? To be honest I know nothing about this game whatsoever, other than it looks amazing. Isn't it jammed with content?

Won't get your money's worth? To be honest I know nothing about this game whatsoever, other than it looks amazing. Isn't it jammed with content?

More to do with the fact will I play it enough to justify my purchase. It all depends of who else gets it. It's very much a game for the bantz.

Only getting above average reviews so far, mainly because it's so short and reviewers are saying the DLC should be parts of the game. I hate EA!

Only getting above average reviews so far, mainly because it's so short and reviewers are saying the DLC should be parts of the game. I hate EA!

One of the biggest issues for a lot of reviewers is that it doesn't have much depth in terms of weapons and loadouts and feels more like an arcade shooter. This is great news for me as I rarely faff on with loadouts and once I find a weapon I like I just stick to it.

Preordered it yesterday. I couldn't let lostmario down. :D