NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

More maps will be great, but I resent having to pay too much for them. There should have been more in the base game, methinks.

It depends, I think that they'll add more free maps, for example. I'll happily take that without much thought.

I do wonder exactly what will be included as part of the season pass. I didn't get the Arkham Knight season pass as that was pricey and this is also quite expensive.

I really don't think they will, mainly because they know that people will pay for new maps, so why give them away for free?

Plus there are four DLC packs to come, I doubt there is that much content in the pipeline to offer free stuff on top of that? Assuming at least one map + maybe a new hero per DLC pack, that's a lot of stuff!

I really don't think they will, mainly because they know that people will pay for new maps, so why give them away for free?

Plus there are four DLC packs to come, I doubt there is that much content in the pipeline to offer free stuff on top of that? Assuming at least one map + maybe a new hero per DLC pack, that's a lot of stuff!

There will be free stuff.

Of course, we are also planning to support Star Wars Battlefront with new content well into the future. We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. We’ll have more to share soon.

Source

Wasn't the Jakku stuff free? I think there will be the odd free thing, whether it's a map or new game mode.

We'll get an idea of what they're doing once we see what the first DLC pack includes. Maybe some modes will have maps "attached" to them, like a space-themed map. One could be a Death Star assault or something, so you'd not be able to use that map in any other mode. I could see stuff like that happening.

New weapons are definitely a must and new cards. I could see this being split, so some being free and some being part of the paid DLC. I do wish that the price of the season pass was capped to £20 or something as an industry standard. It doesn't make sense to me to have DLC the same price as a game.

So why is there no the force awakens content? seems odd focusing on the old movies?

So why is there no the force awakens content? seems odd focusing on the old movies?

Well the battle of Jakku is from the new movies...

Well the battle of Jakku is from the new movies...

I think I might be into this game... A lot.

I never thought I would enjoy playing a game like this, as I am not a fan of shooters. But I actually do enjoy it; it might just be because of the Star Wars theme, but yeah, it's great!

I absolutely suck at the game, but maybe some more practice will fix that! The best part is going around in an AT-ST and just blasting/trampling people! Seems to be the best way for me to get kills in this game. :P

Also, Blast mode is probably my preferred one so far, but then I've only really tried that one and Supremacy. Need to spend more time on the game!

Man that Droid run game is frantic. Awesome though.

I really need to complete all the tutorial levels though, there's so much i still don't really understand when i'm playing - i'm sure i'd be a lot better if i knew what was going on.

Double exp. points this weekend, from 9am tomorrow until 9am Monday.

Typically, my PS4 is at my parents ready for Christmas and I won't be arriving there until 9:15am on Monday!

Double exp. points this weekend, from 9am tomorrow until 9am Monday.

Typically, my PS4 is at my parents ready for Christmas and I won't be arriving there until 9:15am on Monday!

Fuark. First this and my best friend for lyf messaged me today letting me know that he got his PS4 today. I'm now in Belgium with @Eenuh's family for Christmas.

Suffering from Battlefront withdrawal already.

Oh good, might finally be able to finish that last push to rank 50. Been knees deep in Fallout this last week or so.

Away from the PS4 this weekend also. Seriously EA? What do?

Started playing this in the last few days, really enjoying it. I probably won't bother having my arse handed to me in the traditional shooter multiplayer modes, but I have just put an hour into the spaceship combat ones, which were great fun. Loved the Endor, Hoth and Sullust training missions too. They reminded me of the campaign missions from Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader, sigh, good times.

If you do decide to venture into the more traditional multiplayer modes start off with the small ones like Cargo and Blast. It's the bigger modes that are horrifically difficult.

Started playing this in the last few days, really enjoying it. I probably won't bother having my arse handed to me in the traditional shooter multiplayer modes, but I have just put an hour into the spaceship combat ones, which were great fun. Loved the Endor, Hoth and Sullust training missions too. They reminded me of the campaign missions from Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader, sigh, good times.

I'm not big on shooters at all and am pretty useless. Buuuuut, I've been addicted to this. It's hard to actually stop playing.

It's very satisfying using the blasters and the cards. I like the way the whole thing is put together. @somme's advice is good, modes like Cargo and Blast are very manageable and are a good way to ease you into the game.

I'm very relaxed when playing this for some reason. It must be to do with the Star Wars theme, I don't mind too much when I get killed in this game. I am finding that I'm getting waaaay more kills now that I did at the start. Ended up with 25 kills in one of my games earlier, which I could only have dreamed about when I first got the game.

I am desperately awaiting news on the first lot of DLC though. Need new maps!

I am desperately awaiting news on the first lot of DLC though. Need new maps!

Same, I could do with some new maps or modes.

Luckily there's tons of scope in this series for maps. I could see them adding Bespin as a map. Would love a dogfight above the Death Star, could see that happening, too.

A Death Star run would be very nice indeed. I reckon Death Star maps will be coming - fighting in the corridors and hanger bays would be great.

A Death Star run would be very nice indeed. I reckon Death Star maps will be coming - fighting in the corridors and hanger bays would be great.

Hnnnnngggg.

That would be my number one choice. :D

Apparently they're not bringing stuff in from the prequel trilogy. A bit of a missed opportunity not to do that. I want to play as Darth Maul! Or even Grevious. :D

Yeah, they're going to struggle to find any other Villains from the original trilogy to put in. Who else is left? Jabba?

Good games @Cookyman and @Tales earlier today.

I can't put this thing down. Been playing a bit of Fighter Squadron and have been getting tons of kills as Slave 1. Such an awesome vehicle.

I can't put this thing down. Been playing a bit of Fighter Squadron and have been getting tons of kills as Slave 1. Such an awesome vehicle.

No worries, I've still never played as the falcon or slave 1 grrrrr

The Falcon/Slave 1 seem ridiculously overpowered, I don't even bother trying to attack them anymore! Then again I suppose they're supposed to be, and at least they're harder to handle than the fighters.

Would be great to play a bit of fighter squadron if you're up for it tomorrow maybe. Never really done the whole friend list/party multiplayer thing before :yay:

Edited by Ronnie

The Falcon/Slave 1 seem ridiculously overpowered, I don't even bother trying to attack them anymore! Then again I suppose they're supposed to be, and at least they're harder to handle than the fighters.

Would be great to play a bit of fighter squadron if you're up for it tomorrow maybe. Never really done the whole friend list/party multiplayer thing before :yay:

Yeah, I'd be definitely up for that. Watching a bit of the football this afternoon and seeing some friends in the late evening, but I'll probably be online at some point. If I see you, I'll get a game running.