NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

Myself and @lostmario had a crack at the co-op horde mode this evening. We conquered it on Hard difficulty and then decided to crank it up to 11 and try Master. We ended up doing it first time and didn't lose a life until wave 13.

It's not as bad I thought it would be. It's just a question of finding a place where the enemy can't flank you and then hold up in there.

I really wanted to play this tonight but got a job with Clare Balding so got pissed instead.

Still, very glad to hear about the free updates and of course the Jakku content. Really glad we get to play through the events that show that Star Destroyer being downed. Y'know, the one from the new film trailer. It's great marketing and great way for us to feel even more involved in the new trilogy.

My excitement level could not be higher.

I've finally climbed on the Next Gen Bandwagon guys (and girls)! This is the game that came bundled, but I'll be getting Just Cause 3 as soon as I can! Put Ass Creed London and Far Cry 4 on me Xmas list too.

Can't wait to pwn some n00bs.

You may see me on this weekend but it won't actually be me, it's my flatmate.

I'm away this weekend so if you send any invites and they don't get accepted, that'll be why. Although he may well join in, he knows @Blade and will happily take the piss out of me with you guys. Haha

Edited by Kav
Spelling error as per Dr. bob's post.

I've finally climbed on the Next Gen Bandwagon guys (and girls)! This is the game that came bundled, but I'll be getting Just Cause 3 as soon as I can! Put Ass Creed London and Far Cry 4 on me Xmas list too.

Can't wait to pwn some n00bs.

I've put this on my Christmas list. Finger's crossed.

What's your PSN going to be?

Finally won a match of Hero Hunt and got the trophy for winning every game mode once. : peace:

I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep, so put this on for a bit. I managed to find a game with only 10 players on Blast. 10 mins later the match had ended due to the time running out, I had 35 kills and the Playing the Objective trophy finally popped! :yay:

It seems like the trophy glitches if the game ends via kills. If it ends via the time, and you're top of the leaderboard, you are guaranteed to get it.

Holy crap, them speeders on the Endor forest level. That's insane.

I played my first proper online matches last night, and I didn't suck as much as I thought I would! Had a kill/death ratio greater than one after three games, although in the third game, my team (of about 8 people) got hammered by a team of two.

Firing off lasers is so satisfying! Pew Pew Pew!

The new map and patch is out. While the patch notes don't mention specific changes, Gaf have listed a few things they have noticed.

There is a startup timer beyond the 30 seconds. I had to wait while everyone was loading into the map.

You now play both attack and defend in Walker Assault

What seemed like a fully charged pulse rifle brought me down to 45 hp, so it has been nerfed.

Seems they have done something with the spawns, as a Rebel on Hoth I now was never spawning right near the left m-com on the first section. I did spawn as Han right into an Orbital Strike.

There seems to be a delay on the barrage power up. Enough time to get out, since the delay triggers when they are on the ground. No more easy kills.

Played Walker Assault on Sullust just now:

Imperials now have access to Tie Interceptors phase 1, Tie fighters phase 2 and no air vehicles phase 3

Rebels have X-wings phase 1, A-wings phase 2, snowspeeders phase 3. So safe up those anti vehicle turrets for the snowspeeders

Boba Fett's missle seems to have been slightly nerfed. Only a direct hit on a target standing still resulted in a kill. I hit my missle hit a running target and it took 70 hp off of him.

Someone in my game said his DL-44 was nerfed, haven't checked myself.

Sullust has the spawns tweaked because it was much easier as imperials to hold the first phase down. Second phase can still be a bitch though.

Rumours are proper patch notes will release later today. And the new maps are live yet but should be in about an hour! :D

Do we know how many new maps?

One for the big modes such as Walker Assault (and a new mode, Turning Point) another for all the smaller modes, such as Blast and Drop Zone.

So, other than the whole star wars aspect - what's it about this game that would make it worth getting?

So, other than the whole star wars aspect - what's it about this game that would make it worth getting?

It's a lot of fun and it's bloody beautiful.

It's a lot of fun and it's bloody beautiful.

What's it offering though? I played the demo a while back at a gathering, but can't say I was terribly taken by anything in particular. Star Wars has never been particularly big on my radar(sorry, like, everyone) - so I don't know much about what it is this game is doing that other games aren't? Is it mostly a multi-player experience, what makes it good if so?

If you're not that into Star Wars you'll not enjoy it anywhere near as much as those who do.

What's it offering though? I played the demo a while back at a gathering, but can't say I was terribly taken by anything in particular. Star Wars has never been particularly big on my radar(sorry, like, everyone) - so I don't know much about what it is this game is doing that other games aren't? Is it mostly a multi-player experience, what makes it good if so?

The pew pew pew sounds and getting to fly the Falcon.

If you aren't that interested in Star Wars then I don't think the game is for you.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was the Star Wars aspect or also excellent gameplay/modes that was making it a hit - more potential for a purchase of JC3 instead though!

It's like an arcadey version of Battlefield but with Star Wars skins. It plays kind of an inbetween of Battlefield and CoD. Although it has a dedicated air battle mode which is everything Star Fox Zero wishes it could be!

If you're not a multiplayer FPS fan it may not be for you.

I have to say, i'm not a fan of the new map/game type. I find the map far too large and open. I only played it a couple of times and then went back to the modes I do enjoy.

I'm also not to keen on the switching sides thing. There's some maps i'm not really keen on and having to play 2 rounds on them is a bit of a bummer.

I made some great progress on this over the last few days. I finished all the missions on Master difficulty and done two of the survival modes on my own. : peace: I finally nabbed trophy for killing someone using a jet pack and reached rank 44 this morning before work. I just need the rank 50 trophy for the platinum now.

I gave @lostmario a hand doing the Sullest survival mission on master difficulty last night. He died on wave 9 and for some reason the game glitched and it wouldn't let him respawn. He was stuck just looking at the point where he died. I carried the team and reached and finished wave 15 for him. You owe me one! :D