NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

I must admit, I've hardly played this so far. My flatmate has played way more on it than I have, haha.

I've been getting my multiplayer FPS fix from CoD BO3.

As with all online shooters, people don't notice the actual objectives and just killwhore. :p

Aside from the rare camper, how can you tell when someone's not "playing the objective"? Especially on small maps like Cargo. Stats say I've played for 14 hours and from my experience people "play the objective" all the time, even in Walker Assault(the description on Gamefaqs of the mode and my experience is wildly different). I played WA yesterday and I didn't see anyone run past the uplink to "killwhore".

When the match is over, it's not uncommon to see someone with 3-1 k/d ratio, but the other 18 people are just having fun and "playing the objective" as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I thought to play from 17:00 and onwards. Anyone in?

Aside from the rare camper, how can you tell when someone's not "playing the objective"? Especially on small maps like Cargo. Stats say I've played for 14 hours and from my experience people "play the objective" all the time, even in Walker Assault(the description on Gamefaqs of the mode and my experience is wildly different). I played WA yesterday and I didn't see anyone run past the uplink to "killwhore".

When the match is over, it's not uncommon to see someone with 3-1 k/d ratio, but the other 18 people are just having fun and "playing the objective" as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I thought to play from 17:00 and onwards. Anyone in?

You can tell quite easily.

On Supremacy, where you can see the control point that you have and can clearly see that we are losing it. YET, you have players that will actually move away from that control point and go in the completely other direction. Saw this looooooads on that Jakku level where you have that control point in the middle of the map.

Cargo, where you have players that will sit in one corner of the map (particularly on that hanger level in Sullust) and don't even attempt to grab the cargo or defend ours. You can just tell by watching them that they don't have a clue what they're doing. Especially as the opposite team will just literally run past them with the cargo and they make no attempt to kill them and retrieve it. We saw that loads yesterday.

There is a definite difference when you've got a team who can defend or attack well and actually know what they're doing. We finished a game of Supremacy in somewhere between the 2 and a half minutes - 4 minutes marker just because we played to the mode and the other team didn't. I got something like three kills in that map because I actually didn't need to kill that many. It was run to the control point uncontested. Capture. Run to the next one. Capture. Final one, capture again.

I don't doubt you, or that there are geniunily bad players, I just haven't seen something to that extent that everyone is talking about. Although I don't focus on what everyone else is doing, I have more than enough with myself.

I don't doubt you, or that there are geniunily bad players, I just haven't seen something to that extent that everyone is talking about. Although I don't focus on what everyone else is doing, I have more than enough with myself.

Play a game of Supremacy and watch what your team's reaction is to losing a Control Point. If you can see that one Control Point is in the process of being lost, look around and see how many are moving towards you and moving the other way. It's worth doing.

On the whole, the game is awesome, though. Most of the time it's an absolute laugh and it never even gets me angry, even if I'm not doing well or if our team aren't doing great. It's just interesting from a gamer's mentality point of view.

:heart:

Aside from the rare camper, how can you tell when someone's not "playing the objective"?

Well last night I ended up partnered with one of those dickheads so it was quite easy to tell as if I spawned next to them camping I shot at them, melee attacked them,threw grenades at them and actively got the enemies attention to kill them!

It was hilarious the dickwad I was was getting really pissed of with me another tip is just stand next to them and spam with the " I have a really bad feeling about this" gesture!

The best part was despite camping behind boxes on a bridge in the hangar level for most of the game- he came last, I hope my efforts contributed to that

Edited by Cookyman

Anyone want to join me tonight?

We will most likely be online later tonight, probably around 9 pm I think. We don't really have set times where we play games, just do it when we happen to have free time. Feel free to join us whenever you see us online though. :)

Good fun tonight @Eenuh, @Cookyman and @Tales. Finally got that fuarking trophy for 10 kills in Fighter Squadron! Tales, I'm pretty sure I killed you to get that trophy. You should feel proud! :yay:

Also, do you have a microphone, brah? We're all pretty tame in there, feel free to chat.

Yeah, that was fun. Had my best match in Supremacy, on the map I usually have the most difficult with. Did pretty good on Fighter Squadron too. Yeah, I think you killed me for the trophy, you kept shouting something about me in the end there :p

You can use the controller as microphone right? Otherwise I don't have one. But as Eenuh said I'm not confident on my oral English. Not much of talker anyway. Sorry.

Yeah, that was fun. Had my best match in Supremacy, on the map I usually have the most difficult with. Did pretty good on Fighter Squadron too. Yeah, I think you killed me for the trophy, you kept shouting something about me in the end there :p

You can use the controller as microphone right? Otherwise I don't have one. But as Eenuh said I'm not confident on my oral English. Not much of talker anyway. Sorry.

There's actually a headset boxed in with the PS4. It's a tiny one-ear piece thing with a microphone, but it's pretty good actually and it's served me well. The controller itself doesn't have a microphone, just a built-in speaker. No worries though, feel free to chat if you fancy it.

Yeah, haha! I kept going for Cookyman and got him once or twice, but somebody else kept killing him when I had 9 kills and was going for that tenth one. I ended up coming across you and thought, "Right, that's it!" :D

Was that where you had like, 40 kills or something ridiculous? We were looking at your score thinking "How on earth?!". I think you got quite a few kills with Vader there?

Nah the controller doesn't have a microphone, but like Fierce_LiNk said, one is included with the PS4. I'm not much of a talker myself, but it can still be fun to talk a bit with the other players, or just to curse at how the enemy is killing you or how your teammates are fucktards for losing the control point or something. :P

I'm not confident on my oral.

Don't worry @Tales start yacking with us lot and you'll be a cunning linguist in no time!

353ec70b7a03efe16fafa96c71f7b8dc.jpg

Good games again tonight, I think I have a slight addiction to this game and I'm getting more and more excited about the upcoming dlc.

New update on the way.

Details on Star Wars: Battlefront's free upcoming content appear to have leaked online ahead of an official announcement from EA.

According to a video released by EA Brasil yesterday (translated by WCCFTech.com), a new map set on Tatooine will be heading to the shooter for free later this month, alongside additional outfits for Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa.

The packs will form part of a free upcoming update, the video allegedly states, and are separate to the content included with the game's Season Pass. Unfortunately the video is not available in English meaning VideoGamer.com has been unable to verify the claims.

Earlier this week, however, EA community manager Mat Everett confirmed that a new update featuring the "first drop of free additional content" will release later this month, although an exact release date has yet to be announced.

You can check out the video from EA Brasil below - provided it doesn't get pulled beforehand.

Free update and season pass details.

Star Wars Battlefront gets new outfits, private matches, daily challenges and more modes on Tatooine in a free update that hits tomorrow, according to a lengthy post written by Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir, the game's senior producer, this afternoon.

The roadmap also unveils some of the free content landing in updates through to March as well as a more detailed look at what the game's Season Pass will deliver starting that month. Among those paid updates are maps in the Outer Rim, the Cloud City of Bespin and on the Death Star.

"As we said back in November, the release of Star Wars Battlefront was just the beginning," Ingvarsdottir writes. "Our team has been listening to your feedback and building a calendar of new content and tuning changes we will be making to the game throughout 2016."

EA kicked off the slate of free content for Battlefront last month when it released the free Battle of Jakku DLC, which added two new maps and the new mode Turning Point.

Tomorrow's free content will add support for the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes to the Tatooine Survival map, which will now be called Raider Camp.

The update will also add Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, unlocked by players completing the game's Heroes' Holiday community mission last month.

The update will also include balancing tweaks to weapons and modes, the introduction of daily challenges and community events and the ability for players to create Private Matches.

The next free update, which will hit in February, will add a new survival mission on Hoth, a new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. The game will also expand the Turning Point game mode for play on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.

March adds another multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.

March is also when the paid content will start hitting as part of the game's Season Pass. Here's the run down of what we now know about paid DLC by month:

Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.

We tried Raider Camp yesterday and quite enjoyed it. We did a few games of Dropzone until it came up and thought it was a pretty good map for that type of mode.

Can't wait to play on more maps. Looking forward to seeing some more content for this game, although I do think that there are a great range of modes. Walker Assault has become a bit of a favourite of ours now.

I'm glad they took the Raider Camp from the mission mode and made it multiplayer, thought it was a good map from the offset. Looking forward to those Death Star maps. :D

Fighter Squadron seemed a lot more balanced last night, though I will admit I only played two games so can't be certain.

Dropzone was pretty fun last night, @Eenuh and @Cookyman. We hardly dropped any points/pods in those games at all. Although I didn't get many kills, I felt that I got quite a few crucial ones which led us to victory. We obliterated the enemy in Supremacy, finished some of the games within minutes.

I'm loving the variation in modes in this game. Looking at it after plunging a decent amount of time into it (40+...@Eenuh has over 60+), the only thing I think it's lacking is maps. Maybe a few more weapons, too. Aside from that, I'd consider it money well spent.

As with all online shooters, people don't notice the actual objectives and just killwhore. :p

I blame persistent stat tracking, specifically the K/D ratio which features so prominently slap bang in the middle of a players profile. People don't want their overinflated K/D to drop so they ignore objectives which put them at high risk of getting killed. ::shrug: