NEurope
Cube

Star Wars Battlefront

I genuinely do not understand how the Rebels are supposed to win in the Walker Assault mode. Are they supposed to have some rocket launchers in the full game available? After you get the uplinks going it's like throwing sandwiches at battle tanks while somebody else is throwing cutlery at you.

The starting one-use cards give you some anti-vehicle weapons. I presume people would need to level up to unlock those properly. Which makes it an awful choice to put in a beta.

(I suppose that's why it tells you to level up first)

I've been playing the Beta. Is it me or is it really difficult to see the enemy in multiplayer?

Played two matches just now. In the first few minutes I saw practically nothing :D

In the second match I saw much more and was a lot more aware of my surroundings.

The game is good fun. Will definitely keep my pre-order.

After playing a couple of Walker Assault matches I come to the conclusion that 85% of the players do not understand how this mode works.

I've seen people attack AT-ATs even though a raid hasn't begun, I've seen people not giving a single fuck about getting those uplinks ready and defending them, I've seen people just going for the hero pick-ups...If you don't want to go for objectives don't play the game mode which is based on...yeah...objectives

Winning as the Rebels isn't that difficult...not being stupid, however, apparently is :indeed:

Anyway, it's still sooooo much fun. Air combat is amazing and satisfying, ground combat is hectic, yet tactical. Love it.

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

A few issues I've notices

- Spawns are awful. Especially on Hoth. I spawned a few times right where an enemy in a turret was aiming at.

- The "HRD" lighting. When you're trying to shoot out from inside the base, you can't see anything. Most noticeable on the uplink in the base. There's a big gap for enemies to walk in, but you can't see them.

It looks superb and the atmosphere is spot-on but it still hasn't crystallized as a must-buy. It's fun but janky in that way Battlefront always has been. Definitely will pick up the core game later, when it's something cheaper to bash around on.

I was considering before that huge price on the season pass, now i won't bother.

I genuinely do not understand how the Rebels are supposed to win in the Walker Assault mode. Are they supposed to have some rocket launchers in the full game available? After you get the uplinks going it's like throwing sandwiches at battle tanks while somebody else is throwing cutlery at you.

We've won a couple of times as the Rebels. It's extremely satisfying even to get one of the walkers. We've found the best tactics to be is to make sure that when the Y-Wings are about to come in get as many X-Wings or A-wings in the air as possible. They can take off so much more damage than anyone on the ground apart from turrets.

You really need your whole team going for the walkers and the uplink stations. Anyone who just fanny's about can lose it for the team.

A few issues I've notices

- Spawns are awful. Especially on Hoth. I spawned a few times right where an enemy in a turret was aiming at.

- The "HRD" lighting. When you're trying to shoot out from inside the base, you can't see anything. Most noticeable on the uplink in the base. There's a big gap for enemies to walk in, but you can't see them.

Spawns - I've noticed that too, especially when spawning on your teammate. It needs to stop you spawning on them when they're in danger.

Lighting - Is this not how it works in real life? If it's dark inside you can't see outside because it's so damn bright? I could be being stupid here. You can't see in from the outside either.

I am loving this so far. Been great fun, my only issue is that Walker Assault is the best game type but if there's only one map available it will eventually get boring.

Lighting - Is this not how it works in real life? If it's dark inside you can't see outside because it's so damn bright? I could be being stupid here. You can't see in from the outside either.

It's a good effect, it's just not fun when playing.

Either this game will be rubbish, or they only decided to put the very worst maps and modes in the beta.

It's a good effect, it's just not fun when playing.

Either this game will be rubbish, or they only decided to put the very worst maps and modes in the beta.

The King of the Hill game type seemed a bit circular and you constantly are getting shot in the back but Walker Assault has been brilliant. I'm just worried about the longevity of it. I don't think there'll be enough to keep me interested if Walker Assault is just on Hoth. It's quite similar to Rush on battlefield and that's the best game type.

Servers down for this too? (or did it end yesterday?)

Pretty good but its a bit unbalanced

-spawn killing is an issue on some maps, or how and where it chooses to spawn you

-cool down on all weapons seems really bad, it's like 10-12 shots and it need to cool down for 30 seconds, which comparing them to the movies seems really in accurate, even compared to over shooters they get 30+ shots before they are needing a reload

-turrets seem utterly pointless on hoth - both types suffer from an utter lack of zoom, but worst being the Radar dish turret, one shot and it needs to cool down, that 'projectile' is slow and inaccurate too meaning its useless on anything that isn't within 10ft

-jet packs seem too over powered, or rather are too freely available/unlocked too soon, it saps the fun out of levels if a jet pack trooper/rebel can take off land with the princess leia pistol and rape everyone with its ridiculous fire rate - seriously it fires faster than anything else and doesn't seem to need a cool down

-lighting issues coming out on hoth seem odd, but it is an ice planet, it might be 'realistic'

-squads! who's idea was it that its a 2 man squad and you need to be in a party to even do it?

-fixed spawns for vehicles are as annoying as battlefield, spawn campers everywhere, both to claim them and kill those who claim them

needs some work and rebalancing

-cool down on all weapons seems really bad, it's like 10-12 shots and it need to cool down for 30 seconds, which comparing them to the movies seems really in accurate, even compared to over shooters they get 30+ shots before they are needing a reload

If you stop before they "overheat" the cooldown is very quick. If you overheat them you can tap X (or Square for PS4) to cool down quicker.

EA have announced a £40 Season Pass. Yeah, thanks EA.

Annnnnnd pre-order cancelled!

I don't like EA at the best of times, originally I would have considered buying the game but not any more, no way am I getting roped into yet another online shooter with most of its content tied to a season-pass. :blank:

Yes I know it's Star Wars but by doing this it has just made the whole thing seem like every other online shooter/action game with drip-fed content over half a year for an artificially inflated price. ::shrug:

Iv pre-ordered the Darth Vader PS4, does that come with the ultimate version of the game (DLC included?).

EA have done a similar thing with the last 3/4 Battlefield games. It's a big chunk of money, but you do get plenty of content.

Didn't have a chance to play the beta and haven't read all the posts incase of spoilers. What's the general consensus?

Annnnnnd pre-order cancelled!

I don't like EA at the best of times, originally I would have considered buying the game but not any more, no way am I getting roped into yet another online shooter with most of its content tied to a season-pass. :blank:

Yes I know it's Star Wars but by doing this it has just made the whole thing seem like every other online shooter/action game with drip-fed content over half a year for an artificially inflated price. ::shrug:

To be fair you dont need the season pass at all. There is plenty on disk. Later on it will be avaliable at a discounted rate or even with the whole game at a much cheaper price. Perhaps waiting is a good idea!

If you stop before they "overheat" the cooldown is very quick. If you overheat them you can tap X (or Square for PS4) to cool down quicker.

Did not know that, good tip for when the game comes out.

EA have done a similar thing with the last 3/4 Battlefield games. It's a big chunk of money, but you do get plenty of content.

The issue is that when the DLC comes out the vast majority of people will play on the DLC maps and it really limits what you can do without it. This was certainly the case for BF4. It may not be as bad in this as it isn't server based and you just select a game type rather than a server.

I wouldn't think it'd be a problem with this game. It's going to be absolutely huge, and sell shit loads.

This is actually the best trailer to anything I have ever seen...

If the DLC is anything like BF4's then it'll be well worth having!