NEurope
Mokong

Official Microsoft E3 Press Conference Discussion - 10th June @ 5.30pm

Wow. There are no words

That sure does make up the £429 price tag, woo hoo

Note: i'm being sarcastic

It really wasn't a terrible showing. It was pretty uninspired, though. Might have been enough had the console not been a mess and the price point wasn't so...absurd.

Well I'm relieved, i thought it was pretty dire to be honest - Spark and Killer Instinct aside there was absolutely nothing I wanted; phew!! I hate open world games and how many games were open world? The usual gritty, FPS boring cack I got bored of half way through last gen. And that price? Oh deary me. I would be gobsmacked if this console didn't bomb.

I will say the social stuff looks good, exactly the same as what Sony announced, but it appeared better to be honest, through let's see what Sony show off tonight.

I'm really hoping for no DRM bullshit from Sony, a much cheaper price and a bigger variety of games. Then they'll do well.

I will say thought, that with the wii u inevitably having a reduction, probably to £200. Mario Kart, Zelda, mario, half the price, think they're going to have an amazing christmas!

PS4 may not have the online check in requirements but it's almost certainly going to have the same limitations regarding DRM as the Xbox One has. Which is a shame.

I'd say it was ok. Not really any titles that would make me buy the console, but at least they kept the PR bullshit to a minimum and just showed a ton of games. Price is pretty awful, and all the worries discussed earlier are still floating out there, so in light of that it was actually pretty decent.

That project spark looked bloody boring

Now we play the waiting game

The ps4 is tad more powerful but surely wont be in region of £429 wat a pi$$ take i knew with kinect bundled in wouldnt be cheap but thats £429+gold+game best part of £500!

Sony best make ps4 325-350 pleaseeeeeee

Let's see what I remember:

MGS5: The modern-western-stealth setting does actually look interesting. Not sure how well it would work, but I suppose it's good they're trying something new.

World of Tanks: Looks terrible.

Kinect Sports: It's a Kinect game

Ryse: Good graphics, gamepaly looks clunky and repetitive.

Killer Instinct: I don't like 1 on 1 fighting games.

Dead Rising 3: Looked quite boring, didn't like the previous one.

Forza: I don't like the Forza games.

Battlefield 4: It actually looked rather impressive. Especially the water effects.

Witcher 3: I lost interest in the second. The third looks quite different, though.

Halo: A franchise I grew tired of quite a while ago.

Overall..there wasn't all that much for me. Some games look like they could be great...just not for me.

A much better showing than I was expecting.

Battlefield 4 was shown on PC. You can see the backspace button.

rTuCnHd.jpg

Post-conference the developer of Ryse confirmed their game was formerly a Kinect title. It really showed. Nothing happened in it.

rTuCnHd.jpg

Ahahaha oh god...it just keeps getting sadder

Might be due to the Xbone footage crashing?

Most likely. Honestly, I'm surprised games don't crash more often at E3. I remember reading about the Resistance 2 E3 demo, I think it had crashed every time during rehearsals and luckily didn't during the actual show.

Yeah, Ted Price actually got Nathan Hale stuck behind a sofa in the E3 demonstration. Had he not untangled himself at the last second, it would've crashed.

We knew this going in. Several games were not going to be Xbox One versions in their trailers. Why would a publisher show the worst version?

Edited by Choze

I liked the look of Crimson Dragon, even if I didn't get to hear what it sounded like.

I mentioned that earlier, too. A bit of a fuck up there.

The price is high, but I can't imagine the PS4 price being too far off. Maybe 390?

I Youtube'd Crimson Dragon and there are demo's up from last year... is it not a new game?... and it seemed like it might control with Kinect?

unbenannt9ou3o.png

mj-laughing.gif

Unless that still image with the backspace key is somehow not from the conference?

I Youtube'd Crimson Dragon and there are demo's up from last year... is it not a new game?... and it seemed like it might control with Kinect?

I didn't know it was revealed already. Kinect? Really? How the hell would that work?

unbenannt9ou3o.png

mj-laughing.gif

Unless that still image with the backspace key is somehow not from the conference?

I didn't know it was revealed already. Kinect? Really? How the hell would that work?

Pretty much sums up everything.