NEurope
Choze

TitanFall (Xbox One/360/PC)

Nothing concrete, but I'm fairly certain it will be similar to Brink and some Batlefield game types (objectives on standard multiplayer maps) with a bit of voice over when objectives are completed or failed - especially due to the two "map sets" in that information.

As for demolition, it seems really easy to for them implement. Have a similar thing to "Last Titan Standing" (so everyone has one titan), except that all players need to be killed (or the time limit reached) for the terrorists to win.

Then they have that box from the tutorial as a bomb, with the data knife used to hack and disarm it. Actually, they mode could be even better than normal as you have the chaos of the mechs at the start, but players would retreat and approach in a more tactical way once they lose their titan.

Edited by Cube

Loving it. Even holding my own using an Xbox controller against KB/M users. The pistol thing that auto aims is immense. Perhaps a little OP? But a godsend for controller users.

Ok, so I actually managed to get into the PC Beta! I just checked my Origin account, and there it was, ready for me to download. :grin:

Although, does anyone know when the beta is meant to end? I know it was originally supposed to finish on 18th Feb, but I've heard that it's been extended. I only ask because my net connection isn't brilliant, and it'll take me a good 12 hours to download the bloody thing... :heh:

EDIT: Then again, things might be looking up. It's gone down to about 2 hours 30 mins now. Woooo!!! :grin:

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Ok, so I actually managed to get into the PC Beta! I just checked my Origin account, and there it was, ready for me to download. :grin:

Although, does anyone know when the beta is meant to end? I know it was originally supposed to finish on 18th Feb, but I've heard that it's been extended. I only ask because my net connection isn't brilliant, and it'll take me a good 12 hours to download the bloody thing... :heh:

EDIT: Then again, things might be looking up. It's gone down to about 2 hours 30 mins now. Woooo!!! :grin:

Damnit, I've been trying to word a joke about the beta ending in 11 hours for the past half hour.

Enjoyed this over the weekend. Would pre-order right now if I had the cash. Can't wait to see what the full game is like.

Played the beta quite a bit this evening. I have to say, I'm extremely impressed, it surpassed my expectations.

It was difficult to get into at first, it's so chaotic! However, once I was over that hurdle, I enjoyed the experience. The gameplay and mechanics are well balanced and pretty solid, it's certainly an improvement over Call of Duty. That said, I have to agree with what some are saying; how long will it last? I can see this getting extremely repetitive, and without a single player campaign, this could get dull fast. I'm not sure this is worth the asking price, and I don't think it's enough to be a system seller for XBox One, but it's damn fun, for now.

Another thing I'd like to point out; is it just me, or does the control scheme seem a bit fiddly with a keyboard/mouse set up on PC? I'll try it with a pad later...

Potential spoilers in this article from IGN, but my goodness sounds a lot more...deeper, I guess, than I anticipated!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind

Things I need: An Xbox One and Titanfall.

Wow all that stuff sounds very unexpected and totally awesome. Seems interesting that there may be extensive mythos about how the titans came to be.

How is no one talking about Titanfall on here, the beta was incredible!

I'm not talking about it as I'm too busy thinking about how I can get the money together for a One with this on launch day! ;)

The game isn´t that demanding actually, you could get it on PC. The beta sure was fun. And the leaked screenshots look nice. I´d get it if I had the money.

Yup, the game may not be all that good, but it runs extremely well, and the engine is great for running on lower spec machines.

I want it to be 14th March noooow. T_T

Me too. Dark Souls II !

Who is getting it on PC by the way? If plenty people get it, I may just spend some money I shouldn´t spend end of the month.

Who is getting it on PC by the way? If plenty people get it, I may just spend some money I shouldn´t spend end of the month.

I'm going to be getting it on PC, although I probably won't get much time to play it because of work...

Looking at the scores, this looks promising.

Reading the reviews and it seems that all my fears about the game are true.

Looking at the scores, this looks promising.

Reading the reviews and it seems that all my fears about the game are true.

Multplayer only?

The campaign seems to be very polarizing. I thought it as little more than an extended version of the types of cut scenes seen in the likes of Operations in Killzone 3. Jeff at Giant Bomb wrote:

It has a campaign mode, but this is really just a set of standard multiplayer matches with some assorted story-focused dialogue layered over the action, like someone decided to put on a radio play while you shoot at people. ,

Arthur Gies of Polygon a man whose reviews I loath makes it sound much better albeit with some caveats:

Choosing Campaign mode assigns you a side — either IMC or Militia — and locks you to it as you play through a predetermined sequence of nine multiplayer maps. These unfold a little differently than "Classic" multiplayer, with extended audio briefings before each mission starts and a more involved cinematic drop sequence. You'll also get more urgent video briefings during matches from NPC characters based on your progress toward your specific mission objectives.

On the whole, the campaign is an interesting experiment, and it's as fun to play through as standard multiplayer matches are since they are actual multiplayer matches. But in comparison to more dedicated single-player experiences offered elsewhere, Titanfall never quite drives its narrative or characters home. It's best at developing the universe and fiction.

Could be more a result of the elevated language Polygon uses that makes it sound slightly better than it is.

Multplayer only?

The campaign seems to be very polarizing. I thought it as little more than an extended version of the types of cut scenes seen in the likes of Operations in Killzone 3. Jeff at Giant Bomb wrote:

I knew it was multiplayer only. It was that the campaign would be the basic multiplayer games with overlayed voice overs. Like Brink.

Also, there is still a limited amount of game modes, some of which are slightly different versions of the same thing.

Titanfall sounds like a great base, so if you take this and add a lot more content, it could be amazing - which is why I'm looking forward to seeing Titanfall 2.

This sounds like a game that has nailed the mechanics but is lacking in pretty much everything else. I think the drab art direction is the most off putting thing, personally.

Did anyoen else think Titanfall was coming out today? I was sure when I ordered on Amazon it was the 11th, it's not saying the 14th.

Well dumb story or not, the core mechanics are awesome, the burn cards make it feel fresh for people like me who can't string deaths together. Aside from one blip had no online problems thus far which is great, now all those sites that did dumb non-reviews can put scores on them.