NEurope
Choze

TitanFall (Xbox One/360/PC)

Anyone here have access to the beta?

EA just sent me a code, but it's for the wrong platform.

I applied for the (PC) beta, but do you get a confirmation of this? Because I didn´t get anything in the mail, and I constantly see the button to log in to Origin.

They put it straight on my account after the code mess-up. If anyone wants to try to see if either of my Xbox One codes work (I have two), let me know.

Edit: Microsoft's Azure Servers are currently playing up at the moment, so most people are getting "No Servers Found".

Edit: Got into the tutorial. The movement and controls are brilliant. Not too keen on the mechs.

Edited by Cube

My code came earlier in the day and I got to get a couple of games in before the servers went tits up.

Glorious. Right now there isn't a thing I dislike about it. Man I was fun having my mech follow me around the map and pick fuckers off together. And god damn the free running stuff works a treat, very to get up high and chase after people.

After the critical shit show Lords of Shadow 2 turned out to be, I think this is going to be the only full price game I buy the whole first half of this year. It's been ages since I've heard universally positive things about a game from every source. Anyone going to be getting it on PC?

Played a few games and it's really good fun. It hasn't won me over yet, but if this had an 8+ hour singleplayer campaign, I'd be all over it.

After the critical shit show Lords of Shadow 2 turned out to be, I think this is going to be the only full price game I buy the whole first half of this year. It's been ages since I've heard universally positive things about a game from every source. Anyone going to be getting it on PC?

Eh? Elaborate on this please as I quite enjoyed the demo for the game.

Played a few games and it's really good fun. It hasn't won me over yet, but if this had an 8+ hour singleplayer campaign, I'd be all over it.

It has some sort of campaign multiplayer...the beta is purely competitive multiplayer.

My second match

Edit:

I'm kind of already bored of the game. The matches an different modes just feel the same, and it already seems more repetitive than Call of Duty. It's odd, I was really excited after 2 matches, but after 7...I feel like I'm done with the game.

Edited by Cube

My second match

Edit:

I'm kind of already bored of the game. The matches an different modes just feel the same, and it already seems more repetitive than Call of Duty. It's odd, I was really excited after 2 matches, but after 7...I feel like I'm done with the game.

No motivation by the challenges and stuff? Picked up this today, Best Buy started selling them early:

titanfall_xbox_one_controller.png

Ever since I first saw the game this is what I've always expected... it seems like such an obvious case of "don't believe the hype". The game looks incredibly dull, to me.

=/

Underneath, there are some really good mechanics. If you put those mechanics in lots of varied situations, then it would be great.

Ever since I first saw the game this is what I've always expected... it seems like such an obvious case of "don't believe the hype". The game looks incredibly dull, to me.

=/

Underneath, there are some really good mechanics. If you put those mechanics in lots of varied situations, then it would be great.

I think Cube has hit the nail on the head there...it's all down to the mechanics and the unique ways on the fly you can use those mechanics....people already doing really cool stuff, like spawning as a titan and then eject when your up in the air stupid high to give yourself a ton of time falling to attack a titan for example. Also the wall jumping is fluid and there all kinds of nooks and crannys that can be used to get around.

I also think the grunt AI is a intriguing idea as in the capture the base mode they do kind of meet the role of creepers in a moba moving in rank and file and lending support it's not ground breaking but interesting none the less.

I'll be disappointed if the campaign multiplayer turns out to be dud as I would still like to have something to be beaten so to speak.

Eh? Elaborate on this please as I quite enjoyed the demo for the game.

4/10 on EDGE which panned it in almost every way imaginable. I was hoping for an elaboration on the formula in the first game mixed with some metroidvania exploring. Looks like that ain't happening. Quick look on meta critic doesn't stoke a boner either.

Titianfall Beta is now available to everyone on the zone and possibly PC as well. No codes needed.

*downloads*

I think Cube has hit the nail on the head there...it's all down to the mechanics and the unique ways on the fly you can use those mechanics....people already doing really cool stuff, like spawning as a titan and then eject when your up in the air stupid high to give yourself a ton of time falling to attack a titan for example. Also the wall jumping is fluid and there all kinds of nooks and crannys that can be used to get around.

I also think the grunt AI is a intriguing idea as in the capture the base mode they do kind of meet the role of creepers in a moba moving in rank and file and lending support it's not ground breaking but interesting none the less.

I'll be disappointed if the campaign multiplayer turns out to be dud as I would still like to have something to be beaten so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see the potential... I just don't see it happening. It'll just be another CoD, I'd wager.

I hope I'm wrong, by the way, I'd love a good juicy multiplayer shooter to sink my teeth into, but I just don't see Titanfall filling that gap, as it seems to stand for everything I despise about online multiplayer games. "I see all this potential, and I see it squandered." It seems like they're not interested in anything other than catering to lowest common denominator cravings, honestly, and that's a shame. It definitely could've been something truly remarkable...

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Only had a quick go on this at my friends house on his One earlier, did some tutorial then a few games of Attrition...loved it! Felt very smooth to control and handle, a Metroid style mid jump boost was welcome, as was the whole free running stuff and ability to climb high up to get better vantage points.

What really intrigued me was the lack of necessity for the actual Titans themselves. Sure they look boss and it's great to be in them charging about, but it was just as effective being the pilot on the ground and using the Titan as an automated killing machine and/or decoy, to then destroy other Titans. Which, by the way, is quite exhilarating when 'rodeo'ing' a huge mech!

Top notch stuff, hope the final game lives up to this potential!

I got around to playing this last night with my nephew and his mates. Loved it! Everything is so fast and fluid and the inclusion of bots in the game makes it easy to get into and get a few kills here and there while you find your feet.

Calling in a Titan and having a whole team attack at the same time is immense. Although I actually enjoy running around the floor/roofs more. I find it very satisfying jumping on an enemy Titan and taking it down that way.

Another thing I love is how the enemy need to escape when losing. There was one match where all of them managed to make it to the drop ship but we all had Titans and concentrated fire on the thing, blowing it before they could escape.

It's a shame the CoD crew on here ( @kav82, @Blade, @lostmario ) won't be getting involved with this. It seems to be very much the CoD killer that it was hyped up to be.

Remember that this is just the beta and only 3 game modes - it's meant to show you how the game works and provide feedback for the developers.

I do however think it's worrying that they haven't announced any other game modes. I hope they don't do a COD Ghosts route and take away loads of the best game types such as demolition.

Here is what has been gained from the game files

• AT - Attrition
  • TDM - Team Deathmatch
  • CTF - Capture the Flag
  • LTS - Last Titan Standing
  • HP- Hardpoint Capture
  • VM - Variety Mode (a mix of all the other modes listed, sans campaign)
  • Campaign Multiplayer

TDM is likely Attrition with no AI grunts.

• auto_eject - Auto Eject
  • build_up_nuclear_core - Nuclear Ejection
  • dash_recharge
  • dead_mans_trigger
  • defensive_core
  • doomed_time - Survivor
  • enhanced_titan_ai
  • fast_reload - Fast Autoloader
  • hyper_core
  • icepick
  • longer_bubble - Dome Shield Battery
  • marathon_core
  • minimap_ai - Minion Detector
  • ordnance_pack - Explosive Pack
  • power_cell - Power Cell
  • run_and_gun
  • shield_regen - Regen Booster
  • stealth_movement
  • titan_punch
  • turbo_drop - Warpfall Transmitter
  • wall_runner - Enhanced Parkour kit

• arc_grenade
  • bubble_shield
  • cloak
  • cluster_rocket
  • frag_grenade
  • heal
  • homing_rockets
  • proximity_mine
  • satchel charge
  • salvo_rockets
  • shoulder_rockets
  • smoke
  • sonar
  • vortex

• p2011
  • p2011sp
  • p2011_auto
  • w1128
  • r97
  • b3wing
  • rspn101_carbine
  • m1a1_hemlok
  • lmg_hemlok
  • g2a4
  • car101
  • rspn101
  • at_rifle
  • rspn101_dmr
  • SMR
  • satchel_charge
  • data_knife
  • titan_vortex_blocker
  • xotbr16
  • thr_40mm
  • caber_shot
  • proximity_detonator
  • frag_grenade
  • defender_charge
  • shoulder_rocket
  • sentry_turret
  • auto_rocket_launcher
  • titan_triple_threat
  • titan_rocket_pod
  • titan_arc_rifle
  • titan_sniper_rifle
  • titan_shotgun

* angel city (Map Set One)

* fracture (Map Set Two)

* Colony

titan_colony.png

* Relic

titan_relic.png

* Airbase

titan_airbase.png

* Boneyard

boneyard.png

* Corporate

titan_coporate.png

* Outpost 207

titan_outpost_207.png

* Lagoon

titan_lagoon.png

* Rise

titan_rise.png

* Smugglers Cove

smugglers_cove.png

* Overlook

titan_overlook.png

* Nexus

titan_nexus.png

* O2

titan_o2.png

* Training grounds

titan_training_ground.png

Based on the "map sets", I'd imagine that the campaign is playing on the regular multiplayer maps with objectives (like Brink).

It's open to all PC players now, as long as you registered for the beta before 14th February.

Downloading now.........

Here is what has been gained from the game files

• AT - Attrition
  • TDM - Team Deathmatch
  • CTF - Capture the Flag
  • LTS - Last Titan Standing
  • HP- Hardpoint Capture
  • VM - Variety Mode (a mix of all the other modes listed, sans campaign)
  • Campaign Multiplayer

TDM is likely Attrition with no AI grunts.

• auto_eject - Auto Eject
  • build_up_nuclear_core - Nuclear Ejection
  • dash_recharge
  • dead_mans_trigger
  • defensive_core
  • doomed_time - Survivor
  • enhanced_titan_ai
  • fast_reload - Fast Autoloader
  • hyper_core
  • icepick
  • longer_bubble - Dome Shield Battery
  • marathon_core
  • minimap_ai - Minion Detector
  • ordnance_pack - Explosive Pack
  • power_cell - Power Cell
  • run_and_gun
  • shield_regen - Regen Booster
  • stealth_movement
  • titan_punch
  • turbo_drop - Warpfall Transmitter
  • wall_runner - Enhanced Parkour kit

• arc_grenade
  • bubble_shield
  • cloak
  • cluster_rocket
  • frag_grenade
  • heal
  • homing_rockets
  • proximity_mine
  • satchel charge
  • salvo_rockets
  • shoulder_rockets
  • smoke
  • sonar
  • vortex

• p2011
  • p2011sp
  • p2011_auto
  • w1128
  • r97
  • b3wing
  • rspn101_carbine
  • m1a1_hemlok
  • lmg_hemlok
  • g2a4
  • car101
  • rspn101
  • at_rifle
  • rspn101_dmr
  • SMR
  • satchel_charge
  • data_knife
  • titan_vortex_blocker
  • xotbr16
  • thr_40mm
  • caber_shot
  • proximity_detonator
  • frag_grenade
  • defender_charge
  • shoulder_rocket
  • sentry_turret
  • auto_rocket_launcher
  • titan_triple_threat
  • titan_rocket_pod
  • titan_arc_rifle
  • titan_sniper_rifle
  • titan_shotgun

* angel city (Map Set One)

* fracture (Map Set Two)

* Colony

titan_colony.png

* Relic

titan_relic.png

* Airbase

titan_airbase.png

* Boneyard

boneyard.png

* Corporate

titan_coporate.png

* Outpost 207

titan_outpost_207.png

* Lagoon

titan_lagoon.png

* Rise

titan_rise.png

* Smugglers Cove

smugglers_cove.png

* Overlook

titan_overlook.png

* Nexus

titan_nexus.png

* O2

titan_o2.png

* Training grounds

titan_training_ground.png

Based on the "map sets", I'd imagine that the campaign is playing on the regular multiplayer maps with objectives (like Brink).

I saw that minutes after posting. Disappointed there's no demolition or any bomb type game but the variety mode will be good. I've always enjoyed the Halo games where you go into a random game type.

Hopefully the campaign multiplayer will be really good. Do we have any details about that yet?