NEurope
Choze

TitanFall (Xbox One/360/PC)

Exclusive to MS consoles. Made by Respawn (ex COD).

Published by EA. - Spring 2014 Release Date

Supports Kinect, Smartglass.

Built on Source Engine. 60 fps?

bXp238Z.jpg

Quotes from the article:

"Hulking 24-foot tall mechs concentrate heavy fire on anything that moves while lithe soldiers zip across the map with a swiftness normally reserved for superheroes"

"Legions of AI soldiers pour in and out of buildings on a large-scale battlefield as dropships deliver reinforcements from above"

Weapons of soldiers can vaporize multiple targets at once, but the mechs can repel shots back.

Blurs line between competitive multiplayer and single player.

"The titans move at the speed of a regular soldier in many first person shooters and feature an array of heavy firepower that make them formidable adversaries in open space"

Titans best offense is good defense.

Titans can be player controlled or can be commanded to guard an area or follow you around.

I left out all the 'cloud' BS. Like Destiny they seem to be intentionally vague when describing the game. 5GB of useable game RAM available to developers is also confirmed.

Edited by Choze

Nice of them to put it on PC (although I suspect a Windows 8 requirement). I hope this is the trend for "exclusive" third party Xbox games.

Nice of them to put it on PC (although I suspect a Windows 8 requirement). I hope this is the trend for "exclusive" third party Xbox games.

Origin or Games for Windows Live? Its EA so I presume Origin. It will bomb on PC if its Windows 8.

Edited by Choze

Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it

- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them

- They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.

- Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations

MORE STUFF

A lot of the article has to do with Respawn's origins, actually.

So here's the exclusivity mention: They thought working on PS4, Xbox One and PC would prove too difficult for a small team, so they decided to focus on one console instead of two. (er...). "Not to say we won't [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could."

GI points how that the Xbox One has 5GB of GDDR3 ram available to devs, whereas PS4 has 8GB DDR5 ram, and asks if that's a problem for Respawn. He says they're having trouble even using the 5GB efficiently with all the new architecture tricks. (that is to say, even if they had 8GB they wouldn't know how to use it properly at this stage of development)

"What XBox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing." Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading "a few dozen AI" and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn't have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it's "still a little rough going at times."

pile_of_shit.gif

The only reason why it's an exclusive is because EA is in bed with MS and they paid through the nose for it to be exclusive to their consoles. This has been known for months now.

And as for the part about it being impossible to run on 360 and it using cloud computing to make the game possible...

42RlW.gif

Edited by Dcubed

So their game doesn't use the full power of the console, but still uses a computer hundreds (or thousands) of miles away to work out some stuff?

the "info" regarding the game is laughable,i saw the thread pop up on neogaf earlier today and couldn't believe the bull shit, cloud taking control of multiple AI's? infinite power of the cloud, not possible on without the cloud (but look its on PC and 360 too which won't use the dedicated servers known as the cloud)

M$ press leaked or otherwise has been a clusterfuck lately

but i'll reserve final judgement for after we've got more info

the "info" regarding the game is laughable,i saw the thread pop up on neogaf earlier today and couldn't believe the bull shit, cloud taking control of multiple AI's? infinite power of the cloud, not possible on without the cloud (but look its on PC and 360 too which won't use the dedicated servers known as the cloud)

M$ press leaked or otherwise has been a clusterfuck lately

but i'll reserve final judgement for after we've got more info

The fact that the game is coming to 360 and PS3/4 in a year's time is also further proof that that cloud stuff mentioned in that article is total bullshit.

The fact that the game is coming to 360 and PS3/4 in a year's time is also further proof that that cloud stuff mentioned in that article is total bullshit.

Ps3/Ps4? thats new info from when i last looked, but yeah it just shows what total bullshit "the cloud" is, all it sounds like is dedicated servers

and generally regarding the much toted cloud, if single player games use it in similar ways to this multiplayer one, as M$ have said, then that basically means the console is not only always online, but it requires it to actually run the games AI or other functions they outsource

i doubt in 10 years time anyone will be retro gaming on an xbone, as M$ will have remotely shut them all down

Ps3/Ps4? thats new info from when i last looked, but yeah it just shows what total bullshit "the cloud" is, all it sounds like is dedicated servers

and generally regarding the much toted cloud, if single player games use it in similar ways to this multiplayer one, as M$ have said, then that basically means the console is not only always online, but it requires it to actually run the games AI or other functions they outsource

i doubt in 10 years time anyone will be retro gaming on an xbone, as M$ will have remotely shut them all down

The info comes from a guy has a 100% perfect track record when it comes to leaks...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=61676769&postcount=1933

And yup, an entire generation of games are going to be nuked from existence once those servers get shut down.

Just like Sim City requires the online servers to do things....:blank:

A load of wank, and blaming it on the architecture when it's fairly similar to the exact architecture they're use to using on PCs...They really think we're quite stupid.

I do want to say though, it's still pure conjecture that Xbone games will be unplayable in the future. It's possible that once they EOL it they could issue a patch disabling the online requirement. Or at the very least shift the capabilities to the newer servers....Or they could do like Xbox and kill the servers so no one can use XBL anymore.

Just like Sim City requires the online servers to do things....:blank:

Actually, the game itself can run fine without a connection. The online requirement is purely an artificial addition, with things like save files forced to only be online.

Actually, the game itself can run fine without a connection. The online requirement is purely an artificial addition, with things like save files forced to only be online.

Yes exactly. Sorry I wasn't clear that's what I intended. They claimed something similar to TitanFall though.

All this talk about offloading stuff to the cloud is the same BS Sony hit us with when showing off the PS2's emotion engine, remember that? Its all smoke and mirrors, none of it has an ounce of fact, they are counting on the majority of consumers being just stupid enough to buy into it all and except it as an excuse. Sim City has allowed a lot of users a peak behind the curtain and we are as a society becoming less tolerant of this rubbish.

Are there any pics of this game?... why so much talk over a game we know nothing about?

Because it's made by the people behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?

Because it's made by the people behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?
Oh yeah, fair enough :p

might get it for pc as it does look like it could be fun, but its not a system seller

Sounds like a snazzier Brink for me. The lack of singleplayer really kills it.

Lack of single-player? Damn. I thought it looked nice, which I rarely think about this kind of game.

Lack of single-player? Damn. I thought it looked nice, which I rarely think about this kind of game.

It has story elements in the multiplayer. Although if you like to take your time and explore, this isn't the game for doing that.

This game looks pretty incredible. Out of the next crop of FPS titles this looks like the one that's bringing some innovation and fresh ideas in the gameplay department.

Sounds like a snazzier Brink for me. The lack of singleplayer really kills it.

Come on guys! Single player? Really!!?? COD, BF etc all have single player campaigns, but they last 6 to 10 hours. They are there, but the real time spent on those games goes into the multi-player. Over 10 million people don't play COD every day eight months after release because of the single player.