NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Deathjam

Warframe (PC/PS4) - F2P

Warframe is a free to play, 4 player team co-op game giving you the premise of being recently awoken space ninjas called the tenno, fighting 3 (currently) other warring factions hellbent on destroying each other and yourselves.

Awaken Tenno:

Each Warframe has unique powers based around a theme e.g. Frost has powers based around ice:

Frost Crashcourse:

Currently the game is in an open beta phase with updates coming generally every week or two adding new weapons, customisations and frames. Fixes generally come faster, basically as soon as they are needed. Large content patches seem to be once a month or two.

The developers also hold livestreams every week or two, showcasing future developments and holding Q&A's with watchers.

The developers listen and respond to player feedback, even having a forum section dedicated to people who have high level founder status (obtained by buying 'founders packs' that give exclusive frames, weapons [superior in looks only] and platinum, the real cash bought in game currency) who can sometimes decide what frame or weapon type comes next. Not 'pay 2 win' by the way as the developers are focusing on the pve content first. Duels are possible but only via Dojo's which are built by clans.

Dojo Introduction:

Personal opinion is that it's a very fun game, grindy but with alot of potential and already a high level of polish. Just needs MOAR.

Well, Deathjam already knows my opinion, as I was the one to introduce him to the game in the first place.. Then I didn’t play for some days and he spent loads of money and surpassed me by a large margin :rolleyes:. In that same time I spent some money on Magic cards. Anyway, I decided it wasn’t for me, I find it too repetitive, although I’ll keep a look out for new updates. The last one seems a step in the right direction. The mobility of your character is a cool thing though.

Well, Deathjam already knows my opinion, as I was the one to introduce him to the game in the first place.. Then I didn’t play for some days and he spent loads of money and surpassed me by a large margin :rolleyes:. In that same time I spent some money on Magic cards. Anyway, I decided it wasn’t for me, I find it too repetitive, although I’ll keep a look out for new updates. The last one seems a step in the right direction. The mobility of your character is a cool thing though.

SOME money and lots of time haha.

Well downloaded this after it featured as a live Q&A on First for Gamers and really really like it. It's way more fun than the likes of Dust 451 was on PS3. The fact that you can transfer PC character over to PS4 is really awesome as well! :) I could see it getting repetitive but hoping it opens up more as I level up.

One thing I did find weird was how I had to turn off motion blur to make the game playable otherwise when I spun the camera it was like screen tearingly insane, couldn't see a thing!

Well downloaded this after it featured as a live Q&A on First for Gamers and really really like it. It's way more fun than the likes of Dust 451 was on PS3. The fact that you can transfer PC character over to PS4 is really awesome as well! :) I could see it getting repetitive but hoping it opens up more as I level up.

One thing I did find weird was how I had to turn off motion blur to make the game playable otherwise when I spun the camera it was like screen tearingly insane, couldn't see a thing!

You picked a good time. It's double resource weekend.

But yeah, it does get repetitive. Though playing with friends makes it much more fun.

If you want, you can add me. IGN is Deathjamm

You picked a good time. It's double resource weekend.

But yeah, it does get repetitive. Though playing with friends makes it much more fun.

If you want, you can add me. IGN is Deathjamm

Ok will do so tonight

So does anyone else play this? Because I'm kinda getting properly into it now that I'm figuring out the depth of it. I'm on the verge of spending some real dough on a cosmetic helmet. Like a monster.

Major bump.

This is getting quite a lot of coverage in gaming news these days. Figured I'd give this a proper try this time around. I remember giving it a go years ago, but it didn't click.

I've just played for an hour. Did the tutorial mission and then got thrown back to the character I must have created back in the day. It's a little overwhelming with all the menus but the gameplay itself seems to be quite fun.

Would love to figure out how to change classes/Warframes.

• Like 1

It's SO overwhelming. I did the same as you, jumped back in last week to give it a go again.

For some reason I had LOKI as my Warframe. And I'm not really sure how. Maybe on my initial attempt I used the Platinum you start with to get him? I definitely haven't spent real money on this game (...yet. I've no problem dropping money on games I think are worth it but clearly I bumbled around in the menus at some point and spent Platinum on him)

Anyway, I still had enough Platinum to pick up Excalibur so I did that. 

And...I think I kind of love it. It is really overwhelming. I think I'd have ignored upgrading mods if the other half hadn't worked out how to do it and pointed it out to me. I'm making my way through Mars at the moment.

I've grasped the basics now but still have so many questions.

I've almost built my first new Warframe, Rhino. I've built the Helmet and the Chassis but still need the material for the Systems, but I don't think that'll take too long.

In the past couple weeks I have been playing this a lot. I built my first Prime, completed as of Friday. Rhino Prime. He's so rad and lets me jump in to activities slightly beyond me for now. Got all the parts for Valkyrie Prime too.

Apart from that, I've built Oberon, who's ace. And Frost, who I'll probably try and trade for soon because he is also rad.

I've polarised 2 of my Hek weapon slots and I have an Othros Prime which is amazing. It's like a blender.

I've started The Second Dream. And it's a lot of fun.

I am absolutely loving this game.

• Like 1

Hate to say I told you so...wait no I don’t. Just took 5 odd years for what I said to be true :p

Sign in to follow this