NEurope
Caris

Mexican party ideas

I'm hosting a mexican themed party on Saturday, gonna put on a spread and have a drink etc.

Just wondering if my fellow friends have any good Mexican themed party ideas?

Food/snacks to buy? Games to play, booze to buy etc.

Gonna get some Fajitas and Enchiladas on the go. Get some dips, Doritos, salad etc. But I'm struggling a little for inspiration, more so on the food side as I'm not a very well experienced cook.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Already got a Pinata before people mention it.

You'll want some chilli for your wraps, maybe some beef some chicken, some spicy some less so. Might want a veggie option too.

To drink what about Corona beer and tequila? when I used to get a bottle of Corona in the town they'd always drop a bit of lime in it, don't know if that's how the Mexicans do it but it does make it a little exotic.

I would make some quesedillas and slice em with a pizza slicer to make little mexican sandwiches of awesomeness. Don't worry about making teh guac or salsa in that recipe (unless you want a srsly decent party).

They're quick to make and easy to make delicious. You can make loads during the day then cling-film on a plate. If you are worried about them going soggy you can either microwave them with a cup of water in the microwave or pre-heated oven-cook for a couple of minutes, but if you did that I'd recommend doing a test first to make sure it doesn't fuck up. Otherwise serving them from chilled will be fine. If you're prepping them the day of the party you can even just cling-film them after they've cooled down (if you do it before, the condensation will soggify everything!) and just unwrap when your guests arrive.

Fajitas would use the same ingredients but i'd bet people would scoff them down in larger quantities and you'll see you're losing a pretty penny. Quesedillas stretch out the same amount of chicken &c and serve as a better snack food.

Nacho-ify your doritoes perhaps!

I would recommend not making anything medium or hot spicy. Girls are thrown off by that, plus flavours can work well without the heat.

Consider making Sangrita as a chaser for tequila. Sangrita is like an alcohol-free sangria (spanish!). You can probably try adding wine/tequila to the sangrita if you wish but again that's a testing operation first.

And perhaps you can get away with some tex-mex options - fried mushrooms, onion rings, jacket potatos with bacon.

Personally I'd have a main dish of chili con carne in a big bowl for people to scoop onto their nachos or whatever!

Tequila Slammers, moustaches and ridiculously large hats. Party Solved.

No party is complete without Prov Donk. And maybe a Siesta or two.

Limbo stick. But call it border crossing.

/racist

Tbh I know very little of mexican stuff apart from the obvious pinatas, sombreros, tasches, and racism. So essentially I just came here to ensure the last one was covered. Giving back to the world!