NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-Dem0-

Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS is full of spectacular action, with dozens of monsters, hundreds of quests and thousands of weapons and armour pieces all waiting to be discovered. And while it’s a great solo experience, it’s even better in local wireless multiplayer, where four nearby players can all team up to conquer huge beasts together. Now it’s even easier to assemble a squad of hunters thanks to our Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion!

If you register Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version) with Club Nintendo before 22:59 (UK time) on 30th June, you’ll be able to receive a Recommendation Code which you can pass along to a friend. If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 23:01 (UK time) on 3rd June and 22:59 (UK time) on 31st July 2013, and enters the Recommendation Code before 22:59 (UK time) on 5th August 2013, he/she will be eligible to receive a free Download Code for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS!

Whether you’re a veteran warrior looking for a hunting partner or a newcomer to the series keen to make a start, this is the promotion for you! For more information on how to claim and the promotion itself, please check out the How To Claim and Terms & Conditions sections of this promotional page.

If you already registered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version) with Club Nintendo, the Recommendation Code will become available on the Club Nintendo website from 15:00 (UK time) on Tuesday, 4th June 2013.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Campaigns/Monster-Hunter-Gift-Hunt-Together-Promotion/Monster-Hunter-Gift-Hunt-Together-Promotion-760515.html

HAHA BRILLIANT!! I have a spare 3DS console code that I haven't registered yet! YES! I can abuse this offer for all it's worth! :D

I knew that holding off on registering it was a good idea! :yay:

I'm confused though @Dcubed

So, you have an unused 3ds console code...

So you would buy MH3 on your 3ds (unless you already have it) and register it with Club Nintendo. Then you get a recommendation code for a friend. You register your other 3ds system under say a fake mailing address, and get an extra download copy for that 3ds? Which you no longer have?

How will you gain from that? Am I missing something here?! :laughing:

Coz I may have a previous 3ds console code myself that is unregistered so I'm just wondering how it could work in my favour, if at all?!

I'm confused though @Dcubed

So, you have an unused 3ds console code...

So you would buy MH3 on your 3ds (unless you already have it) and register it with Club Nintendo. Then you get a recommendation code for a friend. You register your other 3ds system under say a fake mailing address, and get an extra download copy for that 3ds? Which you no longer have?

How will you gain from that? Am I missing something here?! :laughing:

Coz I may have a previous 3ds console code myself that is unregistered so I'm just wondering how it could work in my favour, if at all?!

There are two codes that are part of this promotion...

The person who already owns a copy of the game on 3DS gets a Recommendation Code. They then give that code to a friend who has not yet registered a 3DS, who then proceeds to register their 3DS on the Club Nintendo site. They then take the Recommendation Code from their friend and then input that on the website, upon which they recieve an eShop Download Code that they actually use to get the game for free on their 3DS.

That download code can be used on any 3DS, not just the one that was registered to Club Nintendo. You can sell it, trade it, give it away or use it yourself on your personal 3DS if you want.

If you want to use this yourself, just set up another Club Nintendo account with a different email address and register the 3DS code on that account.

There are two codes that are part of this promotion...

The person who already owns a copy of the game on 3DS gets a Recommendation Code. They then give that code to a friend who has not yet registered a 3DS, who then proceeds to register their 3DS on the Club Nintendo site. They then take the Recommendation Code from their friend and then input that on the website, upon which they recieve an eShop Download Code that they actually use to get the game for free on their 3DS.

That download code can be used on any 3DS, not just the one that was registered to Club Nintendo. You can sell it, trade it, give it away or use it yourself on your personal 3DS if you want.

If you want to use this yourself, just set up another Club Nintendo account with a different email address and register the 3DS code on that account.

Aaaaaahh! Gotcha! I thought I was missing something!

Cracking deal!

LOL great offer...albeit pointless for me. Already registered my 3DS, but my brother HASN'T registered his. Though we both already own physical copies of the game. I just hope I didn't take my bro's registry codes and try to input them when i did a big pile of codes a while back...

I guess if this works (and the code is free use) I'll have a code to give away.

This is a great offer, more of the same stuff please Nintendo. But I won't be buying a new 3DS/ 3DSXL anytime soon.

It's a cracking deal, and I am really envious. I upgraded to a 3DS XL 2 weeks ago from my previous 3DS console. Only if I waited to register the code, this would've been awesome!

After all, it's my birthday tomorrow. Would've been such an awesome Birthday gift from Nintendo. /Cries in corner

One of my mates picked up a 3DS XL with MH on Friday as part of GAME's digi deal with the free games, gutted as he could have had an extra game for free! However where he misses out, my new XL a month today should come in very handy for me! :D

Does anyone have Monster Hunter 3DS they'd like to recomend me for? I've got a 3DS code :)

I'm not sure I totally understand can someone recommend me and I get a copy?

That's right. Someone who has MH3U on the 3DS gets a recommendation code. They can then give that code to a friend who registers their 3DS/XL console between June 3rd - July 31st 2013 and claim a free digital copy of MH3U for their 3DS.

Is the code restricted to be used on the friends console, or can you give it to anyone ?

You can give it to anyone. It's just a standard 3DS Download Code, so it can be used on any 3DS. You also get stars for it (and it also counts towards the So Many Games promotion too ;) )

BTW, I have a spare MH3U code and am looking to exchange it for a Download Code for Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf or DKCR 3D. If you were planning on getting MH3U as part of the So Many Games promotion, you'd be doing me a huge favour here by choosing one of those 4 listed games and swapping it for my MH3U code! ;)

Edited by Dcubed

if i have registerd a normal 3ds ( ages ago ) and then the xl will it still count do you think ? or should i play it safe witha brand new account?

if i have registerd a normal 3ds ( ages ago ) and then the xl will it still count do you think ? or should i play it safe witha brand new account?

If you are registering the 3DSXL now, then yes, it will work fine. I already had a 3DSXL registered to my alternate account and used my spare 3DS console code on there to get my MH3U Download Code just fine.

What about registering a second standard 3DS to a Club Nintendo account?

Update:

I can confirm this works.

Edited by V. Amoleo

I'm starting to run out of people I can gift this to. Either they're ineligible or already have it. I've got a few friends left to ask but after them I'm out of options.

What has everyone else done with theirs?

I'm starting to run out of people I can gift this to. Either they're ineligible or already have it. I've got a few friends left to ask but after them I'm out of options.

I'll take it off your hands! Just registered a 3DS XL so if you've got nobody else to gift it to, ill happily use it ;)

Theory time.

If my girlfriend has the Monster Hunter 3DS XL bundle and two separate codes, one for console and one for the game... If I register the Monster Hunter code on my own account, will I recieve a code she can then use to "obtain" a copy/register the game on her account after registering her new 3DS XL? Would a third code then be generated we can pass along to someone else to keep the chain running?

Keep in mind she has a copy of the game downloaded on her 3DS XL already.

I'm only thinking about this because Nintendo won't register a copy of Monster Hunter I purchased on the eShop before linking my Club Nintendo account and I'd like to use the So Many Games promotion before it ends.

Edited by Guy

I'll take it off your hands! Just registered a 3DS XL so if you've got nobody else to gift it to, ill happily use it ;)

Either of you have a code I could use?

Either of you have a code I could use?

Sorry, I don't have any spare codes. All I have at the moment is the gift code for MH3U.

Sorry, I don't have any spare codes. All I have at the moment is the gift code for MH3U.

I may have confused the issue, it's the MH3 gift coffee in after.

Sign in to follow this