NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

Gentlemen's Regulations

-The day phase has no set time. If I feel like the day has gone for too long or if discussion has died, I will give you a few hours' notice before ending the day;

-The night phase is 48 hours long at most. I'd like to shorten this limit at one point, so be swift with your PMs;

-If you don't want to use your power, send me a PM along the lines of "Not using my power tonight, please";

-Please do not post game-related discussion during the night. Automerge prevention will be appreciated, though;

-Do not post after you died. I will only tolerate one post lamenting your death, but that's it;

-Editing posts is forbidden. Anyone caught doing so will be punished;

-Posting PMs (whether they be Role PMs or nightly PMs) is strictly forbidden. Players doing so will also be punished;

-If you did not receive a PM during the night, your power simply worked successfully, with not much of note to say;

-If you have any questions about your role or gameplay mechanics, just send me a PM with your question;

-If a dead player has replaced an inactive one, do not attempt to pry this player for information on his or her previous role. There is no direct punishment for this, this is just a note regarding good conduct and fairplay;

-Have fun :)

You are not allowed to vote No Lynch in the first day. You may vote for anybody who appears on the player list, however.

Furthermore, I will only send role PMs after the first day is over. You read that right.

-------------------------

One month later...

"We're going in."

"Your majesty, are you sure? Sir Arthur Langley never came back."

"That only reinforces my resolve. That fool, going in alone like that... How long has it been?"

"Three days. And it's not called ALONG, anymore, it's called-"

"I know, Gallandeau!.. Three days... Who knows, he might still be alive, and there is only one way of knowing. Open the passage"

Sméagol tapped on the alley's cobblestones until he found the one he was looking for. He nudged it and removed it, revealing the tunnel underneath.

“We enter both. Come.”

“My queen, must your blade lie still on-”

"-your neck? Yes."

Cautiously, the Queen crossed the dark tunnel, tied hostage in hand.

"Think of poor Sir Langley" started Sméagol "Probably captured, tortured, executed!"

The Queen ignored him.

"Or perhaps he was lucky and his demise swift. Perhaps he simply fell into one of our many traps... Such as this one!"

Suddenly, Sméagol pressed a tile on the floor, and a hole appeared underneath one of the Queen's feet, causing her to lose her balance.

"Wha-"

"Dépêchez, mes amis!"

Three men came out of the shadows, and quickly captured and disarmed the Queen. Sméagol was freed, and his kidnapper was now hostage.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Jon Dedede

@Mr\-Paul

@Nintendohnut

@ReZourceman

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Tales

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

There are 21 remaining players (majority is 11)

Day 1 starts now

---------

Write-ups:

Day 2 - The Samurai's Honour

Day 3 - A Scientist's Careless Mistake

Day 4 - Yvonne succeeds!

Day 5 - Cube's Statue

Day 6 - Flinky bites the dust

Day 7 - Death of a DuD salesman

Day 8 - The Animal is put down.

Day 9 - Another 48-hour night

Edited by Jonnas

Well, I guess we have the option to lynch her today if we want to, or obviously anyone else. I'm not sure I see any point in lynching someone today as nobody is actually good/neutral/evil yet. I don't know whether Jonnas has already selected the teams and knows who will be in which team yet. If he does, a lynch may result in us getting ridiculously lucky and getting a player Jonnas has earmarked for mafia. If not, it would be intresting to see how a lynch on day one would affect the roles of the players (whether Jonnas would assign one less mafia, or one less town).

Ultimately, I think it's kind of implied that we should be voting for Olivia, but I'm not particularly willing to seeing as we have literally no information to go on, and Olivia seems like a pretty alright person from the previous two games. I think I'd rather just wait for the day to end, really.

One thing that we CAN do on D1 is check vote powers.

vote marcamillian

Maybe the mafia have a DV. Of course I might end up as mafia and have royally fucked myself, but the theory is sound

Also I love the hint at ReZ and Diageo in the writeup :)

This Queen is not my Queen, let her swing from the rafters. Vive la Revolution.

Vote : Death

--- then cake

... or even Vote: Queen Olivia

Vote Standings

Queen Olivia (1): Marcamillian

Marcamillian (1): Yvonne

Majority is 11

Seeing as I suggested her death by democracy, it suggests to me that I want her dead, but in an ironic fashion.

Vote Queen Olivia to death, by exile!

I don't know, isn't it too obvious to kill the bad guy(woman)?

Particulary as lynching is mandatory.

Yes we do.. Errrrrm I mean..

Vote: Yvonne why not?

Vote: Diageo to see if I have a double vote or something.

Thing is, if people really don't know what side to play for, the only point to D1 is to tell some narrative through the most logical action of lynching the queen. so it's that simple, or there is more to the game. That said, I think once we've checked everyone's votes we may as well kill the queen

Sirs - this is true democracy!

Action being voted for by those with little to no knowledge of the consequences of the choice they are are making.

Less thinking more compulsive reaction!

Lynching the queen might provide the Mafia with some massive boon. We just don't know.

If people want to play it safe we can always distribute our votes evenly and wait out the clock. Leaving the queen alive might be really dangerous for us too. I suppose killing her at the very least will give us more information than we would have otherwise. I hope that whatever happens it benefits me and my team!

As usual I will vote Yvonne, the benefit of Yvonne being town is offset by the damages of Yvonne being mafia.

Vote: Yvonne

A definite requirement for the raising of your town game is what is being aluded to here.

There's no doubt about it.. your play is disgracfully bad :p

Was that gentlemanly enough?

Good man? GOOD? MAN?? Huhaww.. Jolly good show.. I guess we'll see what the darkness brings with it.

I believe there could be a penalty falling upon us if the Queen remains alive. If anything, the "boon" might be gained if the queen remains alive.

The flavour I've read so far though seems to suggest she is 'good'.

Beyond that, it doesn't seem a great idea to lynch based on Queen Olivia being a listed 'player'. She could be a buffer against Mafia majority if considered a town asset, which would be a benefit to most players who will place as town.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if somebody voted right now and they had a double vote and were given a mafia role by Jonnas after Day One is over, wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot before the day has even started? Of course, there's the possibility of them being good and having a double, but it could make a right mess if more than one player has a double vote.

Unless there isn't going to be a double vote at all...maybe everyone just has a single vote until they get given their roles. In which case, voting for each other wouldn't gain much.

Also, I'm dubious about voting for/against a Queen that we know nothing about.