NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

I don't understand why people are saying the Queen is bad/evil? Isn't the objective of the town to actually save the Queen (again)?

I don't really remember much from the previous games (it has been too long!), but yeah, I don't feel like voting for the Queen.

I don't understand why people are saying the Queen is bad/evil? Isn't the objective of the town to actually save the Queen (again)?

I don't really remember much from the previous games (it has been too long!), but yeah, I don't feel like voting for the Queen.

Well, you would say that, considering you were the former Princess, now Queen in the first game. :p That being said, considering her role in the first games, I do feel reluctant to vote her off as well, purely on sentiment.

I'm thinking here ... since we are able to vote on this, doesn't that suggest we are all members of the Court of Miracles? And if so, what are the factions going to be? Splinter factions within the Court? An infiltration?

Whatever the case, it's hard to say what influence the Queen will have on the game. Since the write-up is goading us to lynch her, I want to not lynch her simply to see what will happen.

Sirs and madames - by design there is no rationalizing this decision! You must vote in court, I bid you all to be decisive

Vote: Marcamillian, then! :heh:

It is curious why we are not allowed to vote No Lynch. I gather a lynch needs to happen for some necessary mechanic to work. It could be lynching Olivia is simply a way to further the story without having a No Lynch in the beginning, but what would happen were we to lynch a player instead?

I'd rather not vote before discovering thy ruleths associated with unto my role.

Tis but a fine day other than such happensforth.

Its lateth and I may have missed somesuch? We mist vote? I will realign myself with rulesets in the morn.

What is thy bidding here. I'm withholding until further information can be accounted for. Can i vote no lynch, if so

Vote: No Lynch

Correct me if I am wrong, but if somebody voted right now and they had a double vote and were given a mafia role by Jonnas after Day One is over, wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot before the day has even started? Of course, there's the possibility of them being good and having a double, but it could make a right mess if more than one player has a double vote.

Unless there isn't going to be a double vote at all...maybe everyone just has a single vote until they get given their roles. In which case, voting for each other wouldn't gain much.

Also, I'm dubious about voting for/against a Queen that we know nothing about.

It's also likely that the double votes (if any) won't actually come to play until tomorrow.

What is thy bidding here. I'm withholding until further information can be accounted for. Can i vote no lynch, if so

Vote: No Lynch

I knew you'd come out with something like this again!

Vote: Marcamillian, then! :heh:

It is curious why we are not allowed to vote No Lynch. I gather a lynch needs to happen for some necessary mechanic to work. It could be lynching Olivia is simply a way to further the story without having a No Lynch in the beginning, but what would happen were we to lynch a player instead?

I thank you my man - you are a vector of action rather than these feeble fence festooning fellows.

The court is a force for change, we can remake society - you have a voice - use it to make a difference lest you turn this into a room of chattering monkeys fearful of achieving something.

Vote: Fierce_LiNk just to see if I have a double.

I don't think the day has to end in a lynch, just that we can't vote No Lynch. I expect that if we all decided not to Lynch the Queen Jonnas would eventually end the day without a lynch. He can't drag it out forever!

I agree with Dannyboy et al. Not a fan of lynching the Queen after she was good in the last two games. Also the fact wr're kind of being pushed gently toward lynching her makes me instinctively want to do the opposite :D

Day One and already it's tense as Hell! This right here is why I adore being a part/reading Gentlemen's Mafia! I wished this was some kind of book!

Also, damn you Jonnas! I'm trying to read your write-up and you go and put a song in from Hunchback of Notre Dame so I've been singing along to that every time I play it! (I did manage to read it without singing in the end though! :p)

I don't want to kill Queen Olivia for two reasons:

1. We know nothing about her, really. She may have been good in the last two games (I can't particularly remember who she is, if I'm honest) and that may have changed but we don't know. I'm not willing to take that risk so early into the game.

2. As I mentioned in 1, I don't remember a single thing about her.

I'm not going to vote just yet but I have my eye on those who already have voted. Why would you take that risk and vote against people who you know nothing about yet? I find that awfully odd and possibly reckless, you can jeopardise the town's figures...

well, no one knows who they themselves are, so all the information from day 1 should be taken as meta info about the character of the player, nothing to do with their role, unless my random guess about mafia already being deployed is true

Day One and already it's tense as Hell! This right here is why I adore being a part/reading Gentlemen's Mafia! I wished this was some kind of book!

Also, damn you Jonnas! I'm trying to read your write-up and you go and put a song in from Hunchback of Notre Dame so I've been singing along to that every time I play it! (I did manage to read it without singing in the end though! :p)

I don't want to kill Queen Olivia for two reasons:

1. We know nothing about her, really. She may have been good in the last two games (I can't particularly remember who she is, if I'm honest) and that may have changed but we don't know. I'm not willing to take that risk so early into the game.

2. As I mentioned in 1, I don't remember a single thing about her.

I'm not going to vote just yet but I have my eye on those who already have voted. Why would you take that risk and vote against people who you know nothing about yet? I find that awfully odd and possibly reckless, you can jeopardise the town's figures...

"

"Good" is a matter of perspective, you aristocratic types may have been served well by her with all your invites to the castles and elaborate masquerade parties but others were not. Others were waiting for a time to rise up and set matter straight.

"

"Good" is a matter of perspective, you aristocratic types may have been served well by her with all your invites to the castles and elaborate masquerade parties but others were not. Others were waiting for a time to rise up and set matter straight.

I don't even know if I was actually invited! I just remember being either Canadian or American! :p

Fair enough @Yvonne. I can get that but could you not argue that you might be putting town at risk already if we voted someone that turned out to be Town? Or do you mean that something could happen if we all voted a vote against each other?

Well one thing is we figure out if any of us have weird vote powers out of the gate, but with so many players we can safely throw votes around without actually lynching D1. If we are going to lynch D1, it must logically be the queen.

Chances are any given player is town, and chances are any given lynch will be on a townie. Therefore, everyone right now would be a fool to actually lynch a player on D1 under these circumstances.

Vote Standings

Queen Olivia (2): Marcamillian, Diageo

Marcamillian (2): Yvonne, Dannyboy-the-Dane

Yvonne (2): DuD, Tales

Diageo (1): Cube

Jimbob (1): Jimbob

Fierce_Link (1): Nintendohnut

Majority is 11

----------------------------

"That is enough!" exclaimed Sir Jonas "I have seen enough, and I am not pleased!

Sirs, when you expressed your desire to join the Court of Miracles, you should have been aware the craft in which we practice. We criminals are people of ambition, and the non-actions of today have shown me anything but.

The truth is, you have lost your opportunity. Sméagol, feel free to remove those stuffed pillows from our hall"

"What?" Sméagol was taken aback by this statement. He nudged the captive Queen...and her head fell off, revealing her insides to be nothing but stuffed pillows: a fake corpse.

Queen Olivia has escaped.

"Q-quoi? This is not the queen!"

"Those are rather well stuffed pillows"

"Doth. They did look very much like a captive prisoner"

"Silence! Yes, she escaped as you were bickering. She is likely hiding among you, now. An easy task, considering all of you wear masks. I wouldn't be surprised if there were any traitors amongst our newcomers, either.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Consider the following: you are now tasked with finding the Queen, and bringing her to her death. In fact, play a mafia game for this effect, defeat Olivia at her own game.

Many of you will die, true, but remember that you brought this upon yourselves. That goes for you too, Sméagol. You and those three men who let her escape from underneath your own noses! Your blunder should cost you your membership!"

"B-But-"

"Do as I say!"

"...Yes, Mr. Barnes."

"Excellent, Sméagol", said Jonas as he brought his fingers together

Sméagol, Zell, Sprout and Magnus Peterson have joined the game.

"Those of you who survive will be allowed to join our prestigious organization.

tumblr_mnlo261PGH1qemvljo1_1280_zpsde662598.jpg

Let the game begin. You may go to your own quarters for the night, to consider your options."

---------------------

As a disclaimer, let me just say that yes, the first day was just an extension of the write-up. Most of them end in "No Lynch", so I thought I might as well do something flavourful with it. Hence the lack of any information and the strong nudging towards voting for the "dummy Queen". It was, essentially, an interactive part of the write-up.

And if this wasn't clear, you are all dastardly, moustache-swirling criminals looking to join a criminal organization. The Queen is the one looking to finish you off, seeing as she is the righteous one.

I have also avoided making too many references to previous games, seeing how long ago they were. If I do become unclear in some parts, feel free to warn me.

I finished the day early because you were going to get nowhere, really. But the general advice against "just letting the day end" remains.

Role PMs will now be sent.

-----------------

Remaining Players

@Animal

@Cube

@Dannyboy-the-Dane

@Diageo

@DuD

@Eenuh

@Fierce_LiNk

@heroicjanitor

@jayseven

@Jimbob

@Jon Dedede

@Magnus Peterson

@Marcamillian

@Mr-Paul

@Nintendohnut

@ReZourceman

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@Sméagol

@Sprout

@Tales

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

@Zell

There are 24 remaining players (majority is 13)

Night 1 starts now.

Send your PMs.

Plus theres the small matter that we are stood together as the Court of Miracles to decide the Queens fate.. not anyone else's. And there's no option of a pardon..

Sowwwwwwwwy

Automerge??

:zzz:

I just really want to say: THAT WRITE-UP IS EFFING AMAZING!

Night all!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Called it! :D

If you called it then you should have put a vote on it.