NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
V. Amoleo

Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

Turns out that the PSP game Digimon World Re: Digitize is getting a re-release on the 3DS.

I played the original Digimon World on the PlayStation loads when I was a kid but haven't been able to play it for years because my PS1 which could play NTSC games broke. It wasn't in any way perfect, you had to grind in the training grounds for ages just so that you didn't end up with a Sukamon and there were numerous bugs but it was fun.

I looked at the DS games as they were released but they never looked like the original game so I didn't pick them up. This one though looks very similar. The monsters even seem to make the same noises that they originally did.

Here's some footage of gameplay from the PSP version:

Will it ever get a release over here? Probably not. I'd like to hope there was a slim chance as it's part of the 15 year anniversary of the series but then we never got the original PSP version...

Edited by Grazza

Digimon World on PS1 was my favourite Digimon game :D The others were just too different and didn't have the same charm. The PSP was ripe with piracy outside of Japan and this title came out quite late in the system's life so that's why they never bothered releasing it here. I hope they release this game in Europe & America since there's no 3DS piracy yet.

I too am part of the 'Digimon World was amazing and engrossing and I can't quite put my finger on it' club. High point was managing to get a Black MetalGreymon. My only ever ultimate 'mon.

Maybe it was an age thing.

God i loved that game, i used to have a store an hour away from me that imported games before that whole scene fell apart and i got this for like £15. I had an ice type devimon (no idea how i even did that) but i was also playing Jade Cocoon at the same time so never really got as far as id like. Id love this to come to the west, there is a decent chance since a lot of the other games did, got my fingers crossed ^_^

I too am part of the 'Digimon World was amazing and engrossing and I can't quite put my finger on it' club. High point was managing to get a Black MetalGreymon. My only ever ultimate 'mon.

Maybe it was an age thing.

It was one of those games I spent hours playing, but never really knew what I was doing. I always ended up with crap Digimon.

It was one of those games I spent hours playing, but never really knew what I was doing. I always ended up with crap Digimon.

You mean this guy? :D

Sukamon.jpg

I was just having a look around and it turns out we haven't had a Digimon game released in Europe since 2005's Digimon World 4. The DS games all came out in America but with the 3DS's region lock, it's not going to be possible to import if it even gets a release over there.

Sign in to follow this