NEurope
Ike

One Piece Unlimited World Red (27th June 2014) & Romance Dawn (29th Nov 2013)

A (rather tiny, though I assume there's a bigger version somewhere) picture of the contents of the Chopper edition has been released!

eXAWeKN.jpg

Nice to see confirmation that the Straw Hat Edition is indeed included as part of the Chopper Edition. Not that it'll matter much to me, because I won't be playing the PS3 version anyways, but yeah. Now I just have to find a place to order this...

Hopefully this means retailers will start listing the Chopper Edition soon, I was starting to get worried.

Awesome! Nice to know where I can order it. A tad bit pricey considering I won't be using the DLC or the game, but it's not that bad compared to the prices I'm used to as a Norwegian gamer. :P

EDIT:

Pre-order placed! :)

Now I just have to figure out where I should pre-order the Wii U Straw Hat Edition...

EDIT AGAIN:

The official website is up!

Not much on it yet, though, but we've also received a new trailer.

It looks sooooooo good!!

Oh, and the website has updated gigantic images of the Chopper/Straw Hat Edition contents, so I'll replace the old ones:

normal-edition.jpg

collector-edition.jpg

Edited by FireMeowth

So this snuck up on us! Anyone got a copy yet? I don't know which platform to pick it up on.

My Wii U copy just arrived in the post! Don't have time to play before the evening, but that's fiiiine. Everything is good now that it's here! :D

So this snuck up on us! Anyone got a copy yet? I don't know which platform to pick it up on.

You could say that.

IMG_20140627_190114.jpg

Just saw you can transfer your saves between the 3DS and Wii U version so looks like I might end up playing both versions after all.

kinda waiting for reviews.

as you can transfer saves may get both versions though.

I've never played this game series before (wasn't it a cartoon?) but I just watched a trailer for boredom sakes on YouTube and I'm massively intrigued by it.

But... what type of game is it? I've watched game play footage and can't quite fathom it out! Is it an RPG? Adventure? Fighting / beat em up like Devil May Cry style?

Apologies for my ignorance to the series! Looks damn good though!

What's the price for the Chopper Edition, @Ike?

£85. :cry: It's exclusive to GAME in the UK.

I'm picking this up on Thursday, really looking forward to it having played the Pirate Warriors games.

@Aneres11 I Love your Sig :heart:

This one is a Action-RPG style mixed with Hack 'n Slash, the Pirate Warriors games were Musou style like Dynasty Warriors. Personally i liked them, this however is a nice change.

@Aneres11 I Love your Sig :heart:

This one is a Action-RPG style mixed with Hack 'n Slash, the Pirate Warriors games were Musou style like Dynasty Warriors. Personally i liked them, this however is a nice change.

Thanks man! I love me some Princess Peach. :love:

And yeah, that's the impression I got from it. Shame there's no demo on the eShop. Will definitely look at giving it a try at some point though! : peace:

Thanks man! I love me some Princess Peach. :love:

And yeah, that's the impression I got from it. Shame there's no demo on the eShop. Will definitely look at giving it a try at some point though! : peace:

3DS version does have a demo on the eShop.

Played some of the Wii U versions today, sucks they didn't put the map on the touchscreen. Such a pain having to pause all the time.

The game feels a little lazier than previous Unlimited games, doesn't seem as detailed. For example, in the previous games, if you caught a bug with Nami she would freak out. It's a small thing but I miss it.

It feels a lot less collect-athon than the past games though even though it's still present.

Speak of bug catching, the "mini game" to catch bugs/fish is hard. Need to upgrade stuff.

Still quite enjoying it though.

Had a bit of a panic because the transfer from Wii U to 3DS wouldn't work. Might have been my network as it was messing up a lot around that time though. Rebooting everything fixed it.

Couldn't find a demo on the 3ds eShop?

Will read some reviews anyways! : peace:

Couldn't find a demo on the 3ds eShop?

Will read some reviews anyways! : peace:

Where the hell are the reviews??

@Ike or any OP fans:

Quick question, spoiler free responses please! How much will this spoil the anime? I thought that this game would be entirely it's own story but I've just seen on the box, which finally arrived today, that it "contains the Dressrosa arc", which I'm about 40 eps away from even starting, and afaik hasn't even concluded yet. So... should I wait and at least catch up with the anime if I don't want to see any new characters/character development spoilers

@Ike or any OP fans:

Quick question, spoiler free responses please! How much will this spoil the anime? I thought that this game would be entirely it's own story but I've just seen on the box, which finally arrived today, that it "contains the Dressrosa arc", which I'm about 40 eps away from even starting, and afaik hasn't even concluded yet.

The game's second mode is inspired by events that occur in the Dressrosa arc, and features characters introduced in that arc. So although it doesn't follow the story of the arc, there will still be quite a few spoilers.

So... should I wait and at least catch up with the anime if I don't want to see any new characters/character development spoilers

Catching up seems like the smartest thing to do, yeah. That said, I don't think there are any Dressrosa spoilers in the main story mode (because the 3DS version of the game was released in Japan last year - definitely tons of Punk Hazard spoilers, though), so I guess you could just hold off on playing the second mode until you've caught up with the Dressrosa arc.

The last 2 chapters were pretty great, story wise. The final chapter felt like it was could have been written by Oda himself, not sure if he was involved with the story though.

Surprised about how many references were made to Strong World, tied in nicely with the UK release, however.

The (free!) Red Stands Alone DLC quest is now up on the Wii U eShop. I assume it's up for the 3DS version, too.

I still haven't started playing this game (beyond the first save point), actually, because I'm working on finally 100%-ing One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP 2! The release of Unlimited World Red finally gave me the motivation I needed to get through the last bit of grinding. Almost there...!

The (free!) Red Stands Alone DLC quest is now up on the Wii U eShop. I assume it's up for the 3DS version, too.

Yeah it is. Was worried we weren't getting the DLC for some reason, sure they had a PR last week saying DLC was out but there was nothing there.

I still haven't started playing this game (beyond the first save point), actually, because I'm working on finally 100%-ing One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP 2! The release of Unlimited World Red finally gave me the motivation I needed to get through the last bit of grinding. Almost there...!

Good luck, takes some effort to 100% those games.

This is a biiit of a big bump, but I'm pretty sure all the (planned) DLC for the game has now been released (as of a week ago, actually - this is the first week since the DLC releases started that there has been no new DLC, and I think we now have all the DLC that Japan got)!

There are 15 DLC packs available for purchase, alongside two free packs. Altogether, there's around 15 new costumes for the Straw Hats and around... 25 new quests. Not 100% sure on the numbers, but they should be pretty close, at least.

...Also, I wanted to brag about finally reaching 100% on Unlimited Cruise SP 2!

Garp on Unlimited difficulty was extremely tough! I spent an entire day getting destroyed before I lucked out and finally managed to beat him... Hopefully there's nothing quite as extreme in Unlimited World Red!

Just started this after picking it up from Amazon Spain for £23! However I'm being dense and have no idea where to register the Day One DLC? I've got the code but can't seem to find it on the e-store