NEurope
Ike

One Piece Unlimited World Red (27th June 2014) & Romance Dawn (29th Nov 2013)

Aw, they removed Eternal Waves from the opening. Probably licencing issues. Shame as it's a good song. :(

It takes a while to kick off doesn't it? Good thing I already know the story.

Unlimited World Red confirmed for Europe and it will also be getting a Wii U port (as well as PS3 & Vita).

Edited by Ike

Woah! That came out of left field!

An actual 3rd party Wii U (and even Vita) game!? Wowza! :o

Wonder if the console versions will support local multi with the respective handhelds (like MH3U did)?

Wonder if the console versions will support local multi with the respective handhelds (like MH3U did)?

Nope. Wii U & PS3 features up to 2 players on a split-screen. 3DS & Vita up to 4 players locally.

oh my dear god YESSSSSSSSS!

This made my day. Day 1 for the Wii U version for SURE! Maybe the 3DS version too, but we'll see.

Also, I finally started playing Romance Dawn last week. I'm about to start the Water 7 chapter, though I probably won't do it tonight.

It's most definitely the worst One Piece game I've ever played, but it's not as bad as that might make it sound - it's mostly just because most One Piece games are absolutely fantastic. This one falls short on most fronts, however...

Edited by FireMeowth

guessing all the non 3DS versions are outsourced.

This was 3DS only in Japan.

3DS version has no 3D which is a shame. Will wait for reviews and see how the Wii U version stacks up before deciding which version to get.

It's most definitely the worst One Piece game I've ever played, but it's not as bad as that might make it sound - it's mostly just because most One Piece games are absolutely fantastic. This one falls short on most fronts, however...

You must not have played Gear Spirit on the DS then. ;) That was bad.

You must not have played Gear Spirit on the DS then. ;) That was bad.

Indeed I have not. As far as I can remember, it was never released outside Japan, and I only very rarely ever import games from other regions (especially ones in languages I can't understand). Good to know I wasn't missing much, though. :P

The games will include some new content based on the current arc.

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announces today exciting new content planned for the release of ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red in the Americas. Luffy and his crew go wild in beautiful graphics and dynamic boss battles; in addition, a Coliseum Mode will be available for the first time ever! The grand Coliseum Mode will closely resemble the latest episodes of ONE PIECE and bring heart-pounding action and glory to the ring as pirates fight relentlessly to earn top rankings.

Witness the strongest pirate alliance as Straw Hat Luffy and Trafalgar Law, a member of the Royal Seven Warlords of the Sea, team up to challenge the diabolical Donquixote Doflamingo, who will be joining the battle for the first time. Law will also be featured as a new playable character in Coliseum Mode only.

They didn't use "shichibukai"! :o

New trailer for the Japan version:

Special editions announced. "Straw Hat" and "Chopper" editions.

April 22, 2014

Straw Hat Crew members get their own special editions!

BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S announced today that ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red will be reaching European and Australian shores on 27 June, 2014! This new game will be available on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and Wii U! ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is an action-adventure RPG game developed by Ganbarion Co., Ltd., based on the widely popular and praised ONE PIECE manga created by the renowned mangaka Eiichiro Oda.

Boasting amazing and exclusive content, this new game will offer hours of exciting gameplay where the players' will happily discover two brand new characters and an all-new mode planned for the European & Australasian release: Battle Coliseum Mode! This fresh content will please all ONE PIECE lovers as it is directly related to the latest episodes in the Dressrosa arc!

For the impatient fans planning on buying the game on its release day ("Day 1"), BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S. has prepared a unique offer to show this game's uniqueness, the "Straw Hat Edition":

One Piece Unlimited World Red full game

Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits - Luffy Strong World Outfit & the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan's 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.

A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: "Flame Fist & Straw Hat"

This terrific Anniversary Pack won't be sold later!

Coming along with this exciting content, all video-game & anime devotees will enjoy the amazingly cute Chopper Edition and its items:

One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition

Key Holder of Chopper

10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo

Wall scroll of Chopper

Lanyard with Chopper

Artbook

The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes & 1 quest)

"After 2 episodes of the Pirate Warriors series, we decided to come back to another kind of game and create the best Action/Adventure RPG game possible for all ONE PIECE fans, thanks to Ganbarion and their tremendous knowledge; we are sure to top all our previous games' and offer a fun experience within the ONE PIECE universe! Speaking of fun; we are bringing this new game to 4 different platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U!" said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe. "Creating this exciting Collector's Edition based on Chopper has been quite a challenge for our Marketing teams, we are really happy with its diversity and is unique genre!"

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for PlayStation 3, PlayStationVita, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U on June 27, 2014. For the latest news and updates, join us on http://www.OnePiece-Game.com. For the latest videos, check bngames.eu/OPunlimitedworldredvideos. For more information about BANDAI NAMCO Games' entire line up, go to http://www.BandaiNamcoGames.eu.

Release date also confirmed to be 27th June.

Edit: Seems the Chopper Edition is PS3 exclusive... :(

Edited by Ike

So... the Chopper edition has the entire Straw Hat edition plus the artbook, stickers, DLC and Chopper merch? I sure know which one I'm getting, then!

Awesome release date as well - just two weeks after Japan's! This is by far my most anticipated game right now, so it's awesome to get it just in time for Summer!

EDIT:

Edit: Seems the Chopper Edition is PS3 exclusive... :(

D:

(...I guess I'm buying both, then. And never playing the PS3 version.)

Edited by FireMeowth

So... the Chopper edition has the entire Straw Hat edition plus the artbook, stickers, DLC and Chopper merch? I sure know which one I'm getting, then!

Awesome release date as well - just two weeks after Japan's! This is by far my most anticipated game right now, so it's awesome to get it just in time for Summer!

EDIT:

D:

(...I guess I'm buying both, then. And never playing the PS3 version.)

I think it contains all the Straw Hat edition stuff, yeah. The press release was really confusing to me. I might end up triple dripping, wanted to go Wii U/3DS combo...

I swear I saw the English version of this image earlier but I can't find it now.

opuwrpo.jpg

New(-ish?) trailer:

From that trailer it seemed like it was saying 3DS and Vita are 1-4 players, but their site lists Wii U and 3DS as being the 1-4 player versions and PS3/Vita as 1-2.....

Is there any footage of the console splitscreen?

From that trailer it seemed like it was saying 3DS and Vita are 1-4 players, but their site lists Wii U and 3DS as being the 1-4 player versions and PS3/Vita as 1-2.....

Is there any footage of the console splitscreen?

The trailer is correct, 1-4 players on 3DS and Vita. I don't think there has been any split screen footage yet, not that I've seen anyway.

Hm, when pre-orders open I'm not going to want to miss out on that Chopper Edition :p but I'd really like a better insight into the local multiplayer before I decide on a format. I won't have anyone to play the 3DS/Vita versions with, but could see myself playing the PS3 version with the missus. Yet if nothing separates them in terms of quality, I'd rather own it on Vita.

Argh! Someone open pre-orders please :heh:

This is going to be reminiscent of the "Unlimited Adventure" games right? As opposed to the PS3 Pirate Warrior games which I couldn't stand.

I imagine the split screen is the same as the portable versions but only allows 2 players to play simultaneously.

Argh! Someone open pre-orders please :heh:

This is going to be reminiscent of the "Unlimited Adventure" games right? As opposed to the PS3 Pirate Warrior games which I couldn't stand.

Been waiting for Shopto to put them up for ages, might end up going with Amazon if they don't hurry up. :p GAME have at least updated their listings to say Straw Hat Edition.

The PS3 version seems to be the most expensive version.

From the Japanese demo (which I wonder if we will get) it plays like a mix of Unlimited Adventure and Pirate Warrior. It was a bit more stage based but you can still find materials and such in the level, obviously there is still fishing and bug catching. I liked it enough from the demo, I might have to redownload it and give it a few more goes.

Didn't know there was a demo. Available to all via a Japanese account?

Didn't know there was a demo. Available to all via a Japanese account?

The 3DS version has a demo available on the Japanese eShop (so that would require a NNID). The 3DS version was released over there last November that's why it has one already, it's getting an update in June to add the new features.

Ah. You need a Japanese 3DS to get on the Japanese eShop right? Or to have linked a Japanese NNID before any other. Bummer.