NEurope
Ike

One Piece Unlimited World Red (27th June 2014) & Romance Dawn (29th Nov 2013)

New One Piece game for the 3DS, sounds like it's similar to the previous Unlimited games but set in the New World.

one-piece-unlimited-world-red.jpg

Scan also confirms PSP version if Romance Dawn is getting ported due out in August? Hope they upgrade it a bit and make it slightly less repetitive.

Those screens look good, better than the previous games too but what's this about a Romance Dawn port? it's coming to the 3DS?

Some more info:

You’ve seen the scan of One Piece: Unlimited World Red. Now you’re probably wondering what this one is about.

As described in Jump, Unlimited World Rep is a “multi-action adventure” game. You’ll be able to team up with three others and experience events such as fishing, bug-catching, and treasure-hunting. It looks like additional elements other than battling can be done with four players as well.

Jump doesn’t list a release date or price for One Piece: Unlimited World Red. Maybe Namco Bandai will have a more specific window to share when the game is officially announced.

Edited by -Dem0-

Those screens look good, better than the previous games too but what's this about a Romance Dawn port? it's coming to the 3DS?

Yep.

Trailer:

Hope multiplayer is online but it probably won't because Japan.

Another scan.

P094%20copia.jpg

Romance Dawn commercial.

Edited by -Dem0-

Romance Dawn announced for Europe(!)

PR:

PARIS, FRANCE – 4th July 2013 – NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S announces today that the best-selling manga, ONE PIECE, will be adapted on 3DS. With ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN gamers will get a chance to experience RPG following the authentic Eiichiro Oda’s masterpiece.

In ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN, eager fans will have the opportunity to live all of ONE PIECE epic battles against the most famous bosses such as Buggy, Arlong, Crocodile, Rob Lucci and much more. This new game opens doors to sail through the amazingly 3D drawn ONE PIECE world with Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami and other nakama, and run through famous stages such as Baratie, Arlong Park and more.

RPG lovers will enjoy this journey by levelling up their favourite characters, customizing and crafting tons of new items! They also will be able to perform clever strategy with “Grand Tactical Battles” feature, react quickly, and make a swift judgment to decide their own path by pressing the right button. The “Grand Chain” will also let experienced players unleash their power and connect multiple Special Attacks in a row.

“The ONE PIECE games continue to seduce fans across Europe, ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN brings a full new experience as the very first ONE PIECE RPG to stay faithful to the masterpiece” said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. “As a leading anime license, ONE PIECE is celebrated all over the world. Moreover, ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN will give you the opportunity to be a hero in a super exciting adventure, as a fan, you can’t miss it! ”

ONE PIECE: Romance Dawn is coming soon to Europe. For the latest news and updates, join us on http://www.namcobandaigames.eu.

For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games’ entire line up, go to http://www.namcobandaigames.eu.

GamesPress

Edited the thread title to include RD, unless people want a separate thread?

Edit: Just noticed they used "nakama" in the press release. :shakehead

Edited by Ike

Nah, leave it. Separate thread isn't needed. The game looks good and November is a lot sooner than I expected.

Unlimited World Red more details

- takes place in a location named Transtown

- help build up this town through battling and exploration

- gather raw materials to help build/grow the town and make new facilities

- townsfolk will assist you with hints

- assigns unique abilities to each character

- Usopp can be a sniper and Franky can create a cannon on the spot

Just noticed they used "nakama" in the press release. :shakehead

Better than "Gum Gum PS3" on the back cover of Pirate Warriors :blank:

Romance Dawn English trailer (footage is still in Japanese...)

EU release date is 29th November.

Unlimited World RED Japanese trailer (with Eng subs)*

*For the Japanese version, no English version announced yet

Edited by Ike

FREE first class delivery too. I don't remember seeing that when I last ordered from Amazon.

It's part of a promotion they are doing at the moment. It was pretty useless to me since I have Prime, but oh well.

Some Unlimited World Red deets:

- Trance Town won’t be fully developed from the start

- you must cultivate the town with shops and facilities

- medicine shop first appears as a boarded up, sign-less building

- talk to townsfolk and collect materials to open the shop

- you can also open a workshop, museum, restaurant, and general store

- material collecting comes from creature and bug catching, fishing, and harvesting plants

- some materials are only available to specific characters

- when playing multiplayer, specific combinations of characters can perform co-op attacks

- arrangements of characters can also perform a “Trinity” co-op attack'

Sounds good, didn't know it had a town.

Sounds good

Yup, there's a lot more than meets the eye, quietly confident about this game.

didn't know it had a town

tumblr_m9o4hsIa2S1qzj1clo1_500.png

;)

New Unlimited World Red trailer.

Looks a lot better than the Unlimited Adventure/Cruise games.

Apparently Namco Bandai Europe registered a domain for this so looks likely they'll be localising it.

OK. So played the Japanese demo of Red. Only 5 of the Straw Hats were playable and you could pick 3 to take into the stage and you can switch between them at anytime using the touch screen. Both stages played a lot like the Pirate Warrior games. Seems there are character specific actions needed to access secret areas. I needed to use Zoro to slice a gate to get a treasure chest.

Not much to say other than it seems to be a mix of the Unlimited and Pirate Warrior games. Hopefully has less grinding and item farming than the Unlimited games.

OK. So played the Japanese demo of Red. Only 5 of the Straw Hats were playable and you could pick 3 to take into the stage and you can switch between them at anytime using the touch screen. Both stages played a lot like the Pirate Warrior games. Seems there are character specific actions needed to access secret areas. I needed to use Zoro to slice a gate to get a treasure chest.

Not much to say other than it seems to be a mix of the Unlimited and Pirate Warrior games. Hopefully has less grinding and item farming than the Unlimited games.

Is 3D disabled in the demo?

I dont seem to see any change in depth with 3D enabled.

Is 3D disabled in the demo?

I dont seem to see any change in depth with 3D enabled.

Completely missed this the first time, but yeah it's disabled. Hopefully just a demo thing, the title screen looks like it wants to be 3D but I do have a feeling it might not feature 3D at all due to performance reasons.

I haven't heard anything either way though.

2DS hasn't been released in Japan so that wouldn't make sense yet, so I'd go with performance issues. The game is quite detailed and can have a number on enemies on screen at once.

It doesn't say why on the page though so it's just speculation.

Performance issues or 2DS influence?

The 2DS hasn't even been announced for a Japanese release yet, so it's obviously a performance issue. They obviously just wanted the extra GPU power for graphics (which would explain why it's graphics look so surprisingly good).

It's not the first 3DS game to not support 3D at all (some other examples outside of this and Pokemon X&Y include Nightsky, Hydroventure Spin Cycle, Cubic and Senran Kagura)

The trailers & commercials look promising. I also really like the artsyle of the game.