NEurope

How many EA games do you have/care about?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many EA games do you have/care about?

• 0-5 - Just the odd game.
    • 5-10 - Bit of a fan.
    • 10-15 - EA nut?
    • 15-20 - Sports sports sports>
    • I don't care, just give me FIFA!
    • What's an EA?

So, some of the biggest talk around the industry right now seems to be EA, and their lack(or lack thereof ;)) of support for Nintendo.

So I've been wondering - exactly how much of an impact has EA had on you as a gamer? How many EA(published or developed) games do you actually have/own in your collection? Or have played and loved?

Where would you place yourself, Nintendo gamer, PS3, Xbox, all rounder?

And, of course, are you a sports nut? Do you crave each year's next upgrade of <generic sports title or FIFA> from EA? Do you always buy them? How far back have you been going?

As for me personally, I've had a look and come to realise EA's impact on me is really rather small. N4SU2, Burnout 3 and Revenge on my Xbox, Paradise Ultimate box on my 360, Boom Blox Bash Party on my Wii. N4S:MW on my Wii U.

So, how about you? EA much of a deal for you, really?

I have absolutely no idea. I don't really pay attention to the publisher. At a guess i would hazard maybe 1 or 2? For this generation anyway.

Im sure people probably play a lot more EA published games than they realise. For example, Portal 2 on consoles was EA published.

Either way though I primarily play PC and PS3 games and im sure I've played my fair share of EA games.

I own the Mass Effect games, one of the NHL games and The Old republic..oh also the first two Deadspace games but thats it i think. I wonder how many people will actively avoid EA now though, i previously didnt care but ill personally be keeping my EA spend down as much as possible going forward.

I don't think I've ever bought one of their games apart from Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on the Xbox.

I'm not even aware of what games they may have published, but I do know I have never bought a single game made by them.

So, I picked the last option, which is either true because EA as a developer doesn't concern me, or true because I have no idea which games among those I own were published by them.

Owned: C&C series (7 games total), Timesplitters FP, Burnout Paradise, NHL99.

Surprisingly few EA titles. Thought about getting Madden at some point, but surprise surprise they didn't release a WiiU version in the EU market (US version had no online either).

Mass Effect

My favourite three games (well, two as the first wasn't EA). I'm a massive fan of the franchise and neither Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 3 disappointed me in any way. I'm very much looking for the next.

Burnout

My favourite racing series, with Burnout Paradise being one of my favourite games of all time with over 1000 hours of playtime.

Criterion's Need for Speed

Following on from Burnout, Criterion have done a great job with their two Need for Speed games, Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted.

Dead Space

The first game is a must play. The best horror game this generation. Extraction on the Wii is also amazing.

Mirror's Edge

As a concept, it was amazing and the first few levels showed off what it could do. Unfortunately, it quickly fell into a mess. A well-made sequel could be amazing, though.

Crysis

The first one was great, the second one...to be honest, I got bored before I finished it.

Dante's Inferno

A fun hack & slash game and rather underrated.

The Saboteur

An extremely underrated open-world game set in World War 2.

Star Wars

I have a good feeling about the next batch of Star Wars games from EA. And even if they're rather average, I'll still have a lot of fun playing them.

Although so far, based on the reaction to this thread, it's no wonder they aren't interested in the Wii U.

Edit: It seems I'm picking the "sports sports sports" option without any sports games...

Oh right, I have Dante's Inferno too, it's actually one of my favourite games this gen. Awesome theming, and the action is pretty fun as well. GO BUY IT.

I don't have that many EA games and have never been much of a fan of the company. Any time I see the EA logo appear on my TV screen I actualy feel discouraged to play, for some reason ::shrug:

I'd have to look at my games to confirm this but the best game I have with EA on the box is possibly The World is Not Enough on N64..

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U (1)

Boom Blox and Grand Slam Tennis on Wii (2)

Henry Hatsworth on DS (1)

Need for Speed Underground on GCN (1)

None on N64, SNES, Gameboy and NES

None on PC and Megadrive

None on PSP

Scrabble on iOS (1)

6 in total, but would be a lot more when we'd be taking RARE games from the N64 era into account ;)

I don't think I've ever bought one of their games apart from Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on the Xbox.

Owned: C&C series (7 games total), Timesplitters FP, Burnout Paradise, NHL99.

Surprisingly few EA titles. Thought about getting Madden at some point, but surprise surprise they didn't release a WiiU version in the EU market (US version had no online either).

Hadn't remembered Strangers Wrath and Future Perfect were EA titles, guess I've had a few more than I realised. Still, seems they're quite a small proportion in the grander scheme of a lot of our games.

Unfortunately I'm quite a sucker for EA Developed or Published games when looking at my games collections.

Xbox 360 -

Bullet Storm

Dead Space

Dead Space2

Mass Effect

Mirrors Edge

Army of Two

Army of Two: 40th Day

Fifa 07,08,09,10,11,12,13

Fightnight 3 & 4

NFL 10,11,12

NFS Series (every yearly version)

Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2

Battlefield 3

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Crysis 2

Medal of honour

Medal of honour: Warfighter

Portal 2

Skate 1

Brutal Legend

Orange Box

The God Father

that's just for 360.... I had a fair few on ps2, xbox & Gamecube too...

Damn it... I'm the problem.... :(

Edited by Murr

The orange box was EA? I have got L4D2 on my PC that was gifted to me, but I'm not counting that as I have barely really played it. Actually not counting anything PC at all, but I'm fairly sure I don't have any/much EA stuff there.

The orange box was EA? I have got L4D2 on my PC that was gifted to me, but I'm not counting that as I have barely really played it. Actually not counting anything PC at all, but I'm fairly sure I don't have any/much EA stuff there.

At least published by EA yeah dude.

I didn't even think of PC..

Sims + EVERY Expansion pack

Sims2 + EVERY Expansion pack

Sims3

Command and Conquer Generals

Fuck I'm so sorry guys it's all my fault. I'm feeding EA

I dont think Valve publisher their own boxed titles so they tend to do those through EA, like I mentioned with Portal 2 earlier in the thread.

I dont think Valve publisher their own boxed titles so they tend to do those through EA, like I mentioned with Portal 2 earlier in the thread.

Valve publish it. EA distribute it. There's no mention of EA in the game or on the box.

Valve publish it. EA distribute it. There's no mention of EA in the game or on the box.

Apparently EA contributed with developing it for PS3. So says Wikipedia anyways.

Ahh yes, apparently they did the orange box...but only for ps3! So I can still be mildy high and mighty :D Only got Portal 2 on the PC(never even played it) so guess I'm clear on that one too!

EDIT:Well behind on the posts.

That was just The Orange Box. The PS3 version was supposedly a very poor port. Portal 2 was all Valve.

The only EA (published/developed) games i have at the moment are

• Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Sims 3 (+ various expansions)

Havn't gone down the route for any other EA titles, probably because they are crap and/or i don't play FIFA or EA's own NBA games (i found 2k's to be 100x better)

I have Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. Strange, I thought that out of my 50 PS360 games there would be more...

Not bothering to check digital titles, or any previous generation stuff.

Edited by Miharin

EA were involved with 007 Nightfire in some capacity, so they can't be completely evil. Anyone who played that game in splitscreen eventually discovered the joys of cross-map Sentinel battles on the cable car map, rocket launchers with controllable first-person rockets. Amazing. The game's flaws made it better somehow.